The Dark Mod Forums

Any plans to get the game on Steam ?

ObaniGarage

I thought it was already on Steam for many years? This would be nice to get even more players on board... as much as I don't personally like Steam and its strictly controlled and proprietary design, which as has been mentioned doesn't bode well with our GPL licensed code either.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I am aware of the complexity of an endeavor like a Steam debut for a project of this kind, but still - I've been thinking about it for years and I can't get the idea out of my head. I firmly believe being available on Steam would benefit this game greatly. I'm sure Devs do not need any more confirmation of how great it is... but some fans do! Jokes and egoistic remarks aside - Steam is a powerful platform and I don't think, despite all the hassle, in the end it would be anything near net loss.
Growth of community (with potentially gwowth of numbers of active fan content creators), more exposure for active devs that might be interested in future game-making career plans...

Not being there almost makes me upset. I'm sure it would end up in like top#5 best reviewed fan games. 

• Like 2

TDM is very present on the net, with 100% positive reviews, even in reviews on Russian and Japanese pages.
In Steam it has not succeeded, despite more than 20,000 upvotes from the community, but I think that a FOSS game does not fit the philosophy of Steam.
If it were up to the community, it would be there since long time ago, but apparently the admins don't think the same.

• Sad 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H1

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉