The Dark Mod Forums

WS3 Claymore Crash Segfault

davyspark343

In the mission after riding the lift out of the sewers there are two conversations. The first gives you several objectives. Its the one where they talk about the sword and the fence. The second conversation is a man talking about finding ruins on the grounds. The man from the historical society does all of his dialogue, but the guard does not say anything. After this conversation you get another objective but the game crashes. The mission used to work, maybe the new version broke the scripting?

Here is the terminal output

Restarting ambient sound snd_cleighmoor'(solitary_theme02_z) with volume -7.784369
Linking GLSL program environment ...
NEW OBJECTIVE
signal caught: Segmentation fault
si_code 1
Trying to exit gracefully..

I am playing on Ubuntu 20.10

1 hour ago, davyspark343 said:

In the mission after riding the lift out of the sewers there are two conversations. The first gives you several objectives. Its the one where they talk about the sword and the fence. The second conversation is a man talking about finding ruins on the grounds. The man from the historical society does all of his dialogue, but the guard does not say anything. After this conversation you get another objective but the game crashes. The mission used to work, maybe the new version broke the scripting?

Here is the terminal output

Restarting ambient sound snd_cleighmoor'(solitary_theme02_z) with volume -7.784369
Linking GLSL program environment ...
NEW OBJECTIVE
signal caught: Segmentation fault
si_code 1
Trying to exit gracefully..

I am playing on Ubuntu 20.10

Also, can you reproduce this in 2.10 alpha:

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

11 minutes ago, davyspark343 said:

Yes, I am talking about the second conversation. I think that the previously reported bug is also about the second conversation.

Ok, it is the same moment.
The thing is: when I loaded your save, that guy (archeologist?) talked to two guards for some reason 😀

So far the problem has only been reproduced on Linux.

I did it myself from the previous save.
And I did it from fresh start too.