The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 2.12.0 released

• greebo featured this topic

Absolutely fantastic! 
Especially: Fixed: Ambients don't light sides facing away! :)

This unfortunately still crashes (btw, does this only crash on my computer?):
https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/20815-dark-radiant-crash-on-update-entities-on-every-change/

Thank you for your hard work!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

How much time is there roughly between releases?

That's completely undefined. It usually depends on how much time we have to work on stuff. Since it's not worth creating a release when there's only two or three minor things to ship, I'm usually waiting for one or two large changes and a bunch of bug fixes or smaller improvements. Then it's worth going through all the paperwork necessary to create a publication.

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

When I build from source (I have no other choice) will this just overwrite the previous installation and settings etc?

It depends where your prefix folder is when you install your compiled binaries. If you leave it to the default /usr/local/ then yes, anything that's there will be overwritten. That's speaking of the binaries - your personal settings and preferences are shared between all DR builds, they are always saved to and read from ~/.darkradiant/ IIRC.

Sometime ago we discussed keeping the user preferences in separate folders for each specific DarkRadiant version, like Blender, but this is not implemented yet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, greebo said:

your personal settings and preferences are shared between all DR builds, they are always saved to and read from ~/.darkradiant/ IIRC

I think that is ~/.config/darkradiant (in my case). That folder has the following files:

• colours.xml
  • darkradiant.language
  • filters.xml
  • input.xml
  • user.xml

Is that the correct folder?

I have to remember to make a backup of the main bitmap folder because I made custom icons for use with a dark theme.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is still the thing in the next version, but whenever I use RotateSelectionX/Y/Z on an entity, and then I try to move it, this command is issued repeatedly. IIRC that's a new thing that was not present in 2.11.

Clipboard01.jpg.69411b3511a2d6545603d3aaba08e587.jpg

Edit: Huh, that's weird, I can only reproduce it for playerstart now, models and entitydefs work fine 😮

Edited by peter_spy

• greebo unpinned this topic