The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Anomaly

JackFarmer

1 hour ago, Acolytesix said:

Can I get a hint (what area) on where Fuse 1 may be?  Found 2 & 3 and started the 2 of 3 rings in the generator room. Nice to look at  :)

Search this room for the next hearbeat:

Spoiler

grafik.png.891a6d41c1c30d708319ae2ed215e307.png

On 5/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, JackFarmer said:

Hm...no, not MP....come on, STRUNK, you really do not know the reference show? :)

I think you lost him 😉

game problems: I also experienced the crash at a certain switch; I found some vent grates very hard to get past and fell down an objective-relevant ladder a few times (had to noclip both). I heard another 'audio missing' beep when opening the freight elevator door (coming up from the lower floor).

progression problems: I found a

Spoiler

flower rune stone and an alabaster key near the scanner;

where do I use the key, and where do I find the matching stone?

Edited by MrMunkeepants

10 minutes ago, MrMunkeepants said:

I think you lost him 😉

game problems: I also experienced the crash at a certain switch; I found some vent grates very hard to get past and fell down an objective-relevant ladder a few times (had to noclip both). I heard another 'audio missing' beep when opening the freight elevator door (coming up from the lower floor).

progression problems: I found a

Hide contents

flower rune stone and an alabaster key near the scanner;

where do I use the key, and where do I find the matching stone?

Literally right next to it.

Spoiler

Leaning on the right side of scanner

where you found the other one... Tricky :) 

The key goes in the

Spoiler

giant lockbox in a cooler room.

Spoiler

A scroll is in there. Guessing all 4 can be found with the same key.

Edited by Acolytesix

it really was right there 🙄 I still have trouble with obvious stuff in Dark Mod, like the facility door switches and buttons and stuff.

Scroll #4 is where you mentioned, Acolytesix; #1 is in the open underground; not sure where 2 & 3 are yet.

I used the stone, but that didn't open as large a path as I thought it would. I still need to 

Spoiler

discover what happened to the staff & find the service elevator key

What exactly did the fuses power? was it supposed to be the freight elevator? if so, I was able to use it before activating the generator

20 minutes ago, MrMunkeepants said:

it really was right there 🙄 I still have trouble with obvious stuff in Dark Mod, like the facility door switches and buttons and stuff.

Scroll #4 is where you mentioned, Acolytesix; #1 is in the open underground; not sure where 2 & 3 are yet.

I used the stone, but that didn't open as large a path as I thought it would. I still need to 

Hide contents

What exactly did the fuses power? was it supposed to be the freight elevator? if so, I was able to use it before activating the generator

Well:

Spoiler

The stones (plural) just open the burial chamber to an optional objective. You have to search and put three fuses in the generator with the blue flying thing. When you have done that, you can enter the elevator that lies beneath the wall where you put the fuses.

Found the fuses. Now I'm finding Runes

Spoiler

to be exact. I looked up at the zombie tower with the hovering rock & thought,

Spoiler

4 bridges, 1 the way over, 3 sticking out. Ran through all the caves and caverns 1st before going up there.

Hope you saved your water arrows ;) 

I am actually stuck up in the zombie tower where there are the 3 images of

Spoiler

Thee

runes.

Spoiler

How do I mount them?

Or what do I do here? It was scary as F to get up here!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrMunkeepants said:

Hide contents

You'll see the service key. It's next to a dead human.  Don't think you can miss it 😜

I did not miss the service key, and the other missing objective was nearby. 👍

I managed to find all the secret areas! just not some obvious things. 😕

Another very fun mission in the Hidden Hands series! it was very tense for me, but very rewarding finding all the alternative routes

Acolytesix, there is a note on one of the altars that must be read before you can place the stones

MM:

I think it's scroll #2 (in a

Spoiler

secret underwater

cavern while hunting runes) or #3. One of those.

Thanks, now I can get back. Sitting on the one with the diamonds & mine :) 

What am I missing? Found scroll 3 & 4. Where is 1 & 2? Is it one or both of them that won't complete an objective if I take the elevator up & blow up the tunnels? If not where is, what I'm missing? I'm guessing the one will be in the

Spoiler

tomb

area? Haven't been there yet.

I'm gonna give it a rest for tonite. Will play more tomorrow :) 

6 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

Guys, I cannot follow your rapid posts anymore. You still need help?

sorry, it is rare that people are playing and posting at the same time! I've completed the mission (thank you) and I think @Acolytesix is close

pagan scrolls:

#1:

Spoiler

in same caves as the stone tile puzzle

#2:

Spoiler

on elevated boards in meteorite cavern? someone please confirm

#3:

Spoiler

back of meteorite cavern, through underwater passage (also a secret)

#4:

Spoiler

in facility cold storage

I will wait to post secrets until someone needs help, so people can experience the joy of discovery :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MrMunkeepants said:

sorry, it is rare that people are playing and posting at the same time! I've completed the mission (thank you) and I think @Acolytesix is close

pagan scrolls:

#1:

Hide contents

in same caves as the stone tile puzzle

#2:

Hide contents

on elevated boards in meteorite cavern? someone please confirm

#3:

Hide contents

back of meteorite cavern, through underwater passage (also a secret)

#4:

Hide contents

in facility cold storage

I will wait to post secrets until someone needs help, so people can experience the joy of discovery :)

Yeah please confirm #2 :) I really hated that whole zombie tower thing. Trying to keep my fire arrows for the "tomb". The zombies really suck at walking into mines, actually, that would be a good place to start now then. Got the tablets.

But wait, just remembered the elevator. I gotta do the zombie tower 1st then. Please confirm scroll #2...

Hello people,

I`m just trying to play this great fm, but right after the start it freezes and crash to desktop, no warning, nothing? 😪

I`m running 2.09

Anyone some advice.

Thanks

Grtzz Terra

Edited by Terra

39 minutes ago, Terra said:

Hello people,

I`m just trying to play this great fm, but right after the start it freezes and crash to desktop, no warning, nothing? 😪

I`m running 2.09

Anyone some advice.

Thanks

Grtzz Terra

I will send you a PM in a few minutes.

• Thanks 1

So I ended up taking the elevator up without scroll

Spoiler

. Got to the tomb. Found all the secrets & stuff in there. Desmond's hideout is topside right? Found my way out, but the forest is so thick. I don't remember which way lol

Found a glitch here. When climbing up the rope arrow up to the tree branch I turned to fetch the arrow and land on the edge. Instead, I can get the arrow, but I'm still hanging on to an invisible rope. Can't climb up or down, but I can jump off. 

8 minutes ago, Acolytesix said:

So I ended up taking the elevator up without scroll

Hide contents

. Got to the tomb. Found all the secrets & stuff in there. Desmond's hideout is topside right? Found my way out, but the forest is so thick. I don't remember which way lol

Found a glitch here. When climbing up the rope arrow up to the tree branch I turned to fetch the arrow and land on the edge. Instead, I can get the arrow, but I'm still hanging on to an invisible rope. Can't climb up or down, but I can jump off. 

Spoiler

You have to return into the room where you have talked to the drunk guy who gave you the explosives.

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

@JackFarmer can you still tell the meaning of this text?

Reveal hidden contents

he ordered us what we did not understand to come after each other and after all.

text-difficult.thumb.jpg.20e72f17f0e9cee56a90d2d8dfa0e161.jpg

Clarification

Spoiler

Well, from another scroll (1) it appears, that the pagans in question were very peaceful and lived in harmony with one another.

The ... "vibrations" of the meteor, on the other hand, forced them to do things they would never do. This compulsion to violence was stronger, but they still remembered their previous behaviour.

This is what they did did not understand - the violent compulsion contradicting their peacful  original nature.

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Like 1

Finished on the hardest difficulty, with 1550 loot and three secrets. Took 97 minutes. Like the previous Hidden Hands (both of them I suppose), this was another banger of a mission. And I don't usually say that when

Spoiler

all the enemies are either undead or cannot be KO'd. It really helped that there was plenty of equipment to go around. And health potions, I finished with like 20 health despite finding five or six of potions. The setting is a lot different to the typical horror missions, which usually take place in ruins or maybe towns. so it had a totally different atmosphere.

There's just a plethora of stuff to discover and do, and never feeling frustrated by anything. Maybe I'd sing a different tune had I missed a piece of loot, but that's how it goes. And considering how many objects you have to find to do all the objectives (I did all of them, I think anyway), I didn't have any trouble finding anything. Despite it being another large and ambitious environment; I pretty much expect nothing less of you at this point. :awesome: The audio logs were a really fun addition, fit the setting like a glove. That and the other NPC made it a little different of an experience, as these missions tend to be so solitary.

If there is one thing I'd criticize, it's tying couple of the doors to audio logs, having to listen to the whole thing and then the door opening automatically. The only reason being that the very first one at the start of the mission got stuck, since I was jumping around waiting for the log to finish. I happened to be standing on top of the entrance at that moment, so it got wedged. Tried listening to the same log two more times, to see if it would close and open again, but no dice. Thankfully it was at the very beginning, so it wasn't a big deal.

Another nitpicky note, some of the went grates were difficult to tell to be frobbable. Especially

Spoiler

the one locked grate in the vents near the dude's hideout. Not sure if that thing could be picked open from both sides; I know I was running around the vents before finding the hideout from the elevator-side entrance. After entering the vents from the hideout, I just absentmindedly clicked on it, because there didn't seem to be anything there, only to hear the locked-door sound. Could maybe use another model.

Anyway, another really enjoyable mission. JackFarmer never disappoints.

Edited by roygato
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update:

In case you have problems with low fps and crashes at map start, please download version 2 from the op. The upload of version 2 to the mirros will be carried out in ca. one week.

Please note: version 2 does NOT fix the problem with crashes during certain events when having stuff equipped. See the relevant post from stgatilov in this thread for further information.

Edited by JackFarmer
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

Update:

In case you have problems with low fps and crashes at map start, please download version 2 from the op. The upload of version 2 to the mirros will be carried out in ca. one week.

Please note: version 2 does NOT fix the problem with crashes during certain events when having stuff equipped. See the relevant post from stgatilov in this thread for further information.

I tested v2 on my machine with my usual settings and my framerate has improved significantly from 3 - 10 fps to 10 - 24 fps In the starting area.

I found out today that my videocard is rated for 480p gaming and in most other missions it is between 18 and 30 fps so I guess no one will have real problems with older machines now concerning slideshow graphix.

Added info to; increase fps on older machines: Go to the video settings and lower the Render Scale.

Edited by STRUNK
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, manzanita-crow said:

Please help! I can't find Fuse 3. I'm hearing the heartbeat in the area with the first robot guard, but can't find anything. Maybe I already got that one... 

Great mission, thanks!

Search this area for a heartbeat, it will guide you to fuse  #3:

Spoiler

grafik.png.54aac82539f670a62dfac70cb8d922d0.png

Edited by JackFarmer