The Dark Mod Forums

Hidden Hands: The Anomaly

JackFarmer

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Loginnerer said:

Way better than Via Domus

You mean the Lost game? I fell flattered. :)

Btw, I had not thought of this game when developing this mission, but now that you say it, it comes back to me. It would have made things much easier for me, because I watched the relevant episodes of the series and then recreated "The Hatch" interiors based on a floor plan that was available on a fan site.

• Like 1

First I was like "eh? hatch in a jungle setting? looks a lot like.... nah, I'm just imagining it."

Then came Desmond, Jacob, 815 code, Fleetwood mac albums in the very dharma-like rooms and lightning.

I wonder how many references I missed.

Very nice mission, however I didn't know what to do with 2 white squares in the undead section. (Not saying it is too hard. I love the difficulty and puzzles of TDM missions, and the lack of handholding. Being challenged by a game seems to get rarer these days.)

Edited by Loginnerer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Loginnerer said:

First I was like "eh? hatch in a jungle setting? looks a lot like.... nah, I'm just imagining it."

Then came Desmond, Jacob, 815 code, Fleetwood mac albums in the very dharma-like rooms and lightning.

I wonder how many references I missed.

Very nice mission, however I didn't know what to do with 2 white squares in the undead section. (Not saying it is too hard. I love the difficulty and puzzles of TDM missions, and the lack of handholding. Being challenged by a game seems to get rarer these days.)

In the almost two years since I published this mission, you are the first to recognize the reference. So the trophy for your post above is not a thank you but an award; 😍 consider it a token of my boundless esteem! 😄

Is kind of scary though that virtually no one seems to know the series. The first three seasons were pretty much the most exciting thing to watch on TV in the mid-2000s (and it was also the talk of the town among those who had any interest in fantasy/mystery...at least among my circle of friends and acquaintances).

If you care to read up, here are a few more references to the series that you missed:

Spoiler

1. just past the two cameras guarding the front gate, there are shoes off to the right by a puddle of water (John Locke as he first enters the station)
2. the dining area contains an artificial light source recessed in the wall, which creates shadows
3. in the living area there is a movie projector.
4. in the communication area there is one or another device that reminds of computers in the 70s (especially the thing with the rotating tapes).
5. the electric cameras in general are a reference to the mirror system that Desmond used.
5. like Desmond in the series, my Desmond is also very fond of alcohol
6. There is a shower and an armory plus supplies both connected through a vent.

As for the two square panels you couldn't do anything with:

Spoiler

There is a smaller area  close to the larger area with the waterfall where these panels can be used.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Playing on Expert, TDM v2.11.  I used the three runes to make the meteor fall onto the wooden platform and the character has announced "Good, now I can plant the explosives".  I have 2 x explosives in my inventory.  The meteor highlights but I cannot seem to attach the explosives to it.  Am I doing something wrong?

Update: it seems another player Mawerick, reported this same problem on page 2 of this thread.  I searched on "explosives" before making my post, but for some reason nothing came up.  Anyway, like them, I have 2 explosives and cannot drop or use either of them.

Edited by Marbrien

On 9/7/2023 at 7:37 AM, Marbrien said:

Playing on Expert, TDM v2.11.  I used the three runes to make the meteor fall onto the wooden platform and the character has announced "Good, now I can plant the explosives".  I have 2 x explosives in my inventory.  The meteor highlights but I cannot seem to attach the explosives to it.  Am I doing something wrong?

Update: it seems another player Mawerick, reported this same problem on page 2 of this thread.  I searched on "explosives" before making my post, but for some reason nothing came up.  Anyway, like them, I have 2 explosives and cannot drop or use either of them.

See this comment:

I went back and replayed from before acquiring the explosives, and this time I only got one explosive and it worked on the boulder.  But there is clearly an intermittant bug here, affecting only some players, and which only occurs on some run throughs and not others (with no change between run throughs in the version of TDM or the version of the FM they are using).

I once had a similar bug affecting Heart of St Mattis. Somehow I ended up with two of the things for opening the sarcophagus and I couldn't open it. Maybe this bug is related.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle