The Dark Mod Forums

Technical Stuff

Acolytesix

I don't know where to put technical stuff when it comes to the in-game downloader/installer, but since it has to do with the FM's, well you guys move it if need be :)  I tried downloading the updated version of The Siege Shop, but I got a pop-up with something went wrong and I should contact the admin. Didn't catch the whole note cuz it disappeared really quick. It did not download either way.

I got a question. When you download an updated FM, does it automatically replace the 1st version? You got to start again right or can you go where you left off? I found some double copies of games that have updates, but I just updated Snowed Inn & there's only one copy of that on the list.

Most likely it is the following bug in TDM 2.09:

It did not cause problems with old FM database, because it did not expose checksums.
With the switch to new database, this is a big problem now.

Most likely, the update was reverted, i.e. the downloaded file was deleted automatically.
I'm afraid trying again won't help: it will display the same warning and delete the downloaded FM again.

You can do one of the following:

1. Download pk4 file directly and put it into fms directory.
  2. Wait for hotfix release to fix this problem. We are going to release it in the nearest days.

5 hours ago, stgatilov said:

Most likely it is the following bug in TDM 2.09:

It did not cause problems with old FM database, because it did not expose checksums.
With the switch to new database, this is a big problem now.

Most likely, the update was reverted, i.e. the downloaded file was deleted automatically.
I'm afraid trying again won't help: it will display the same warning and delete the downloaded FM again.

You can do one of the following:

1. Download pk4 file directly and put it into fms directory.
  2. Wait for hotfix release to fix this problem. We are going to release it in the nearest days.

Nah I'm good. I'll wait. I got 3 other TDM missions I seem to have missed. You should direct people to ttlg.de 's site. They have an extensive FM library as well. Google has a translator now. Good to know since the whole site is in German. The translator box pops up to the upper right when you enter the site. You gotta do this every page you visit, but so worth it. Tried registering there, but something is not letting me. Tried their e-mail, but it came back, so I don't know about that part. 

With a lot of missions I got the error (after download) that the mission on the server is outdated. With message: Please inform mod owners, or something. Since I got a lot of crashes during downloads I assumed that missions were incorrectly downloaded. I deleted the specific fm folder and with a new download there was no error.

4 hours ago, datiswous said:

With a lot of missions I got the error (after download) that the mission on the server is outdated. With message: Please inform mod owners, or something. Since I got a lot of crashes during downloads I assumed that missions were incorrectly downloaded. I deleted the specific fm folder and with a new download there was no error.

It's because when you download new FM first, you only download its pk4. It works properly.

But when you download update, then it downloads the l10n pack to (don't ask me why), which does not work.