The Dark Mod Forums

How do I disable console?

Snoucher

I was about to play this game until I got hit by the fact I can't put away my weapons. The tilde key which is used to holster weapons is being occupied by the console. I've verified that I should be able to this and I searched for a fix. Unfortunately it appears this problem is entirely unique to me. Is there any known way to disable the console? I don't want to mess with rebinding.

Unless you have "seta com_allowConsole 1" in darkmod.cfg or autoexec.cfg or in command-line parameters, console should trigger by Ctrl+Alt+Tilde.
If you have this cvar set, then it is toggled by just Tilde.

I don't know about any other way to disable/enable console.

9 hours ago, stgatilov said:

Unless you have "seta com_allowConsole 1" in darkmod.cfg or autoexec.cfg or in command-line parameters, console should trigger by Ctrl+Alt+Tilde.
If you have this cvar set, then it is toggled by just Tilde.

I don't know about any other way to disable/enable console.

Yet when I directly input "seta com_allowConsole 0" into darkmod.cfg the console opens regardless of it.

The Linux version of TDM seems to use ` for the console regardless of whether com_allowconsole is set to 1 or 0. It's set to 0 on this machine and ` still brings down the console. Not sure if you want to call it a bug or not. Personally I don't mind because there's no penalty for keeping the blackjack out. It doesn't slow you down, it doesn't make you more visible, and AIs don't react to it unless you swing it.

• Like 1

Sounds like a bug, then. You could try the most recent dev build where the input system has been overhauled, perhaps that might fix it. If not, as a workaround you can always reassign the key or use the mouse wheel to cycle through weapons and eventually put them away.

For reference, the Dev version details can be seen here:

Just use the new tdm_installer to select a custom TDM version and select the latest dev build version.

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

18 hours ago, kano said:

The Linux version of TDM seems to use ` for the console regardless of whether com_allowconsole is set to 1 or 0. It's set to 0 on this machine and ` still brings down the console. Not sure if you want to call it a bug or not. Personally I don't mind because there's no penalty for keeping the blackjack out. It doesn't slow you down, it doesn't make you more visible, and AIs don't react to it unless you swing it.

Why not just reassign the "put away weapon"-key?

On 5/26/2021 at 8:33 PM, cabalistic said:

Sounds like a bug, then. You could try the most recent dev build where the input system has been overhauled, perhaps that might fix it.

The dev version also has this problem.

9 hours ago, Destined said:

Why not just reassign the "put away weapon"-key?

This works fine