The Dark Mod Forums

Taliban are amassing for war

Kurshok

I'm worried. And I feel guilty. When I voted for Biden, I didn't know what he would do. Granted, I was also emotionally blackmailed by my mom into voting for him under the 5hreat that if I voted for Trump, she wouldn't love me anymore. But now I'm seeing that the Taliban is trying to take over Afghanistan again, and with the US pulling out under Biden's orders, Afghanistani women who want to protect their freedom and their lives are having to pick up arms and defend themselves. And when questioned about it, Biden acted like a fucking toddler, much like Trump often did, and said "Hey, I'm trying to enjoy my 4th of July weekend! Anyone got any happy topics?" I mean, it just seems like the media is willing to give him a break when he hasn't actually changed much because he's on their side of the political aisle. Children are still being kept in cages at the border, Biden has basically betrayed Israel by bending over for those fucking Islamofascists in Iran, Kamala Harris is harassing her staff, and I feel like I made a mistake. I'm autistic and don't really have any normal friends, so I wanna ask you guys, is it normal for me to feel guilty for my vote and scared of the future this much?

• Sad 1

The West (including my own country, the UK) has never made anything better by sending troops to countries in the Middle East. It's long past time that the endless, futile wars were brought to an end (or at least abandoned — there's not much we can do to undo the mess we already made).

With regard to voting, I don't know if it's common to feel guilty, but feeling disappointed is pretty standard. Politicians rarely achieve what they promise during an election. What I try to focus on is not whether the party I voted for is perfect (which they never are), but if they are still better than the alternative. The UK government under Boris Johnson has done a lot of things I disagree with and hasn't handled the pandemic particularly well, but I'd still much rather they were in charge than any of the ghastly opposition parties.

I've heard from a lot of Americans who don't particularly like Biden or Harris, but would much rather have them than another four years of Trump.

• Sad 1

I'm going to have to disagree with you. The amount of time it took was atrocious, but women were embracing having civil rights slowly but surely in Afghanistan. It's gonna be a horrific situation if the Taliban retake control. I'd support sending troops in to slit their throats like the fucking Islamofascist pigs they are.

• Sad 1

"I'd support sending troops in to slit their throats like the fucking Islamofascist pigs they are"

You're trolling (or the fascist and no, you're NOT autistic) :D

Simply a right wing guy posing as a "remorse left" one. Please, don't think we're so gullible 😛

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

I hate the Taliban too, but a large part of the reason they took power is that Afghanistan had already been reduced to rubble by decades of fighting by outside invaders. It's the same story repeated over and over again: Western and/or Soviet interests trash a country for political reasons, leave nothing but a vacuum behind which is then filled by extremists like the Taliban or Islamic State.

There is no problem in the Third World which cannot be made worse by First or Second World military adventurism. It's about time we minded our own business. Nobody elected us the World Police Force.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lowenz said:

"I'd support sending troops in to slit their throats like the fucking Islamofascist pigs they are"

You're trolling (or the fascist and no, you're NOT autistic) :D

Simply a right wing guy posing as a "remorse left" one. Please, don't think we're so gullible 😛

I am autistic. Was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which was later lumped in with High Functioning Autist. I also consider myself liberal, albeit one moving away from the Democratic party towards center-left. I just can't stand the hypocrisy on Islam by any modern fellow liberals who are willing to turn a blind eye to human suffering at a theocratic cult's hand as long as it's done by "a brown people religion"

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, OrbWeaver said:

I hate the Taliban too, but a large part of the reason they took power is that Afghanistan had already been reduced to rubble by decades of fighting by outside invaders. It's the same story repeated over and over again: Western and/or Soviet interests trash a country for political reasons, leave nothing but a vacuum behind which is then filled by extremists like the Taliban or Islamic State.

There is no problem in the Third World which cannot be made worse by First or Second World military adventurism. It's about time we minded our own business. Nobody elected us the World Police Force.

Maybe. But I have this deep gut feeling that things will only get worse without proper American intervention. Sometimes intervention can be bad and sometimes it's good. It honestly depends on the situation and the current historical and social context.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kurshok said:

I'm worried. And I feel guilty. When I voted for Biden, I didn't know what he would do. Granted, I was also emotionally blackmailed by my mom into voting for him under the 5hreat that if I voted for Trump, she wouldn't love me anymore.

It's weird that you told your parents who you were going to vote for, it's usually a bad idea to reveal that to people... mine still don't know exactly what I think regarding politics, and have always been completely in the dark about who (man or woman) do I date or even if I already dated someone. 'Tis truly a source of endless fun to keep them guessing since the last 30 decades :laugh:

And when questioned about it, Biden acted like a fucking toddler, much like Trump often did, and said "Hey, I'm trying to enjoy my 4th of July weekend! Anyone got any happy topics?" I mean, it just seems like the media is willing to give him a break when he hasn't actually changed much because he's on their side of the political aisle. Children are still being kept in cages at the border, Biden has basically betrayed Israel by bending over for those fucking Islamofascists in Iran, Kamala Harris is harassing her staff, and I feel like I made a mistake. I'm autistic and don't really have any normal friends, so I wanna ask you guys, is it normal for me to feel guilty for my vote and scared of the future this much?

Maybe you are too young to have known the Bush era or the Reagan era, but the journalists, everywhere in the world, have always had that peculiar brand of integrity and objectivity that makes them report rabidly on every tiniest little thing a right-wing US president (local president included) said to then paint him as an Evulz Fachis' ThAt Is A ThrEaT To oUR DeMoCraCy while remaining complacently silent on any controversial thing uttered or done by a left-winged president, including (and specifically) jaw-dropping corruption scandals that would mandate an impeachment... it's been like that since as early as 1870: I've read a long time ago a quote from a french intellectual of the 19th century that remarked, in substance, that journalists always behave as if the only acceptable result of an election is to have a left-winged president.

As years went by I've seen that it's been like that worldwide, in each country and after each election, it's just the usual life in countries in which journalists are under ideological control, there's nothing that can be done against that as any "solution" like a "cancel culture"-like purge would set a dangerous precedent regarding control of information. All you can do is to help people become aware of that by tranquilly noting these facts out loud, but actually, given how much people hate the journalists according to some recent polls, it seems that people are not blind to their partisanship -sorry, I meant Glorious Objectivity In Reporting The Absolute Correct Truth to Defend Our Democracy. :laugh:

Children are still being kept in cages at the border, Biden has basically betrayed Israel by bending over for those fucking Islamofascists in Iran, Kamala Harris is harassing her staff, and I feel like I made a mistake. I'm autistic and don't really have any normal friends, so I wanna ask you guys, is it normal for me to feel guilty for my vote and scared of the future this much?

About children in camps at the US borden, it's been like that since the days of Our Holy Lord Obama The Saint, it's a side effect of the poorly thought and planned process of citizenship and immigration in most of the so-called "West", there's unfortunately nothing you could do about that except hoping that some day, some politicians would start pulling their brains from their asses and have ideas (that's unlikely, as they're pretty content with being shit-for-brain narcissists only out to get elected for the financial benefits of the title and the power of abuse that comes with it), or that the potential immigrants would start getting informed about that before putting their children at such a risk. Which, with how much information has become easily accessible nowadays, is something that they should be able to do, but again: brain, shit, etc. The average human is rarely Leonardo Da Vinci these days, it's way too hard to think before acting, it strains the brain it seems.

About Iran and Israel and the USA, keep in mind that, as the saying goes (I think it's De Gaulle that said that, in a rare moment of not-being-a-shithead): "nations doesn't have friends, only interests".

Which, in the case of the relationship between Israel and the USA, means that they help each other if they can, but don't count on that to survive and plan accordingly, and actually are ready to stab a "long-time ally" in the back if they can: you probably ignore that, but in the 1980's, Israel's intelligence service, the Mossad (= "The Institute") planned to kill a US president for a perceived "betrayal" regarding the peace talks about the eternal conflict between Palestine and Israel. Not something that they like to brag about as the assassination was eventually aborted, but a former Mossad agent revealed everything during the 1990's or early 2000s, he wrote a book about his experience in that intel service and denounced the paranoids leanings of its directors, which he published after having found refuge in Canada. I can search for his name if you're interested, I don't remember it for the moment... Daniel something ?

Anyway, about Israel and Iran, don't worry: people from the Mossad are particularly aware of what would happen to them should Iranian authorities develop a nuclear bomb, they have plans about what to do if that happens and plans about how to prevent that to happen because they know that they can only count on themselves to protect their lives, so they'll act anytime before it's too late. They even started forming alliance with Saudi Arabia, a known antisemitic state, to act against Iran as Saudi Arabia has conflicting interests and a religious hostility with Iran (Sunnis and Chiites, just the same that Protestants and Catholics in the Renaissance: ready to kill each other over disagreement regarding God's eye color or shit like that).

But since what would happen between Israel and Iran won't change your life anyway (it will never have an impact on you, it's a conflict located on the other side of the planet), don't bother yourself with that ;)

2 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

The West (including my own country, the UK) has never made anything better by sending troops to countries in the Middle East. It's long past time that the endless, futile wars were brought to an end (or at least abandoned — there's not much we can do to undo the mess we already made).

+

2 hours ago, Kurshok said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you. The amount of time it took was atrocious, but women were embracing having civil rights slowly but surely in Afghanistan. It's gonna be a horrific situation if the Taliban retake control. I'd support sending troops in to slit their throats like the fucking Islamofascist pigs they are.

Akshually, the mess already existed prior to any invasion, even before the 1970's Soviet Invasion (and Akshually 2: under Soviet rule, women wore skirts and had a lot of rights in Afghanistan, pictures of that era are very revealing, it was quite like Turkey in the 1990's): Afghanistan has never got past the tribalism period unlike most of the "Western" countries thanks to the Roman Empire, its history is all about one ethnic trying to genocide the other "bekoz reeezons like they're not like us n' shit", and even today that country remains unsalvageable because it's a particularly violent one... not violent as in "constant war", violent as in "killing your neighbor's son because by saluting you with the left hand which is a sign of impurity he brought dishonor on your family and shame can only be avenged in blood to save the face".

No, seriously: the average joe finds that behavior absolutely justifiable and normal (as in "social norms", the set of rules everybody abide to in a society), in Afghanistan. There was a very interesting article on this subject on the blog of Michael Yon, a former soldier-turned-journalist from UK that nowadays lost ifself by supporting WW2 Japan's negation of war crimes in Nanking and Korea, which is a shame. -_-

To solve that problem and help that country to evolve toward more civilized ways, it would take a massive education campaign for at least 3 generations as well a a firm rule of law (in a country where corruption is such a way of life today that you can get away with pretty much everything should you have the money, or should you be part of the good clan/tribe, so good courage in trying to change the mentalities), which means a massive investment of money for a country that has nothing to offer in exchange (no oil, no diamonds, barely a couple of mines here and there, but nothing of interest, truly), so, if you're reading this, Kurshok: as you see, there's no need to bother, just let them stew in their puddle and ignore them... not to mention that if the West Savior came with all these weird ideas like "not-killing-your-daughter-for-not-covering-her-face-before-leaving-the-house", the locals wouldn't accept such an incomprehensible sign of weakness from the West's social norms and would reject this change of their Holy Sacred Traditions anyway, so it would doubly be a waste of effort.

While I can understand the urge to want to help people who are suffering, I think it's more important to focus on one crucial point: ask yourself, "would the Afghans spend shittons of money to help me and would they feel concerned about my suffering if the roles were reversed ? "

Given that for most of them you must be considered as an enemy for not believing in their one-and-only god and for just not having the same ethics, I think you can easily guess the answer... ;)

Edited by Cecil of Cynope
diaMONDS, fer feck's sake ! Me stupid can't write Engrish !! lol
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Kurshok said:

I am autistic. Was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which was later lumped in with High Functioning Autist. I also consider myself liberal, albeit one moving away from the Democratic party towards center-left. I just can't stand the hypocrisy on Islam by any modern fellow liberals who are willing to turn a blind eye to human suffering at a theocratic cult's hand as long as it's done by "a brown people religion"

Iranians are perfectly white being caucasian literally by definition.

And yes Iran (Hezbollah) Islam is totally different from Al Qaeda or ISIS. Surely they embody (italian, spiritualistic with a "pseudomarxist" spin) "fascism" but surely they're NOT terrorism-prone. Pasdaran are simply a piramid-organised authoritarian state by design. Talibans are a totally different kind.

Edited by lowenz
  • Like 1

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

However, as islam was imported to Iran, which was old-day Persia and had polytheistic religions (Zarathoustra 'n stuff) before being converted by force to the islamic monotheism, this doesn't change Kurshok's statement of islam being a "brown people religion" ;)

-also, not trying to piss you off or anything by contradicting you, so don't take it personally, it's only about spreading the most accurate information as possible, but as I stated, the differences between Iran's islam, Shia islam, and Al Quaeda/Daech (I really dislike that the acronym I.S.I.S has become the default name used in English, because that creates a confusion with the goddess Isis of Ancient Egypt :(:angry:), Sunni islam, are so few and minor that there is actually no difference between the two: when I mentioned jokingly a difference between the color of god's eye, I was referring to the fact that Sunnis and Shiis are really disagreeing about Muhammad's eye color, seriously.
Just like Catholics and Protestants, ready to kill themselves and their respective children over trivial matters... ah, monotheistic religion, such a wonderful force driving mankind to new heights :rolleyes::laugh:

It's also important to note that, regarding the Hezbollah seeming not being terrorism-prone, well, they do actually target civilians when they attack Israel... attacking an enemy first with everything you have is fine by me, but starting your attack by sending rockets aimed specifically toward schools and apartments, that's the line separating terrorism from regular honest war... they could have chosen any kind of method, such as only sending rockets on military targets such as training facilities on the outskirt of cities, but they never did and always aimed cities and schools, etc, so they can't pretend to not be terrorists and to be just honest adversaries, I think.
Not to mention that when Israel fights back immediately after the first attack targeted at its civilians, the Hezbollah plays the victim and accuses the Israeli army of terrorism, while before any reprisal bombing Israel has the kindness of sending leaflets first warning local civilians to flee before the bombardment begins, which is being way too nice in my opinion: once the enemy shows a lack of ethics in his first actions, then he should have a taste of his own medicine.

Edited by Cecil of Cynope

I'm about as conservative as they come and I definitely do not think you should feel guilty for voting for Biden. I don't think that it was a great thing that you felt pressured to do so though. You should always vote for whomever you sincerely think is the better candidate. Personally I feel Biden came off just as senile prior to election as he does now, seems slightly more corrupt than the average politician and significantly more incompetent. That said, Trump wasn't exactly a great choice either but he sure was not the absolute hitler-esque madman that the media painted him out to be. Typical politicians, the both of them, by today's standards. Fortunately the role of President in America has been rendered effectively impotent over the years and the the elected are little more than scapegoats or figureheads there to provide the illusion that the people have any influence over the direction of the country, so neither candidate can really do that much damage. I am being a bit hyperbolic obviously, but there is some truth there. Overall, to answer your question, you should not feel guilty for voting for the candidate you feel is best and you have no control over what that candidate does or does not actually do.

On the topic of the Taliban and Afghanistan I do not see any easy or "good" answer. The region has historically been unstable for many reasons, internally and externally. Speaking very generally, I do think that governments essentially have no business policing other countries but the reality is that is a somewhat naïve stance when tested. I do think that if the people of a country blatantly ask for help, are facing some atrocity or similar, depending on the exact circumstances, that there can obviously be a moral obligation to intervene. It should not be done lightly or on a whim. Regarding the current administration's actions, I don't see how it makes any sense for America to have started an intervention only to abandon it halfway through. That can only ever make things worse as opportunists love power vacuums. That said, is it realistic or helpful to occupy a country for decades to maintain stability? Is it really even stable at all if things swiftly devolve upon exiting the region? I don't know. As I said, no easy answers. As long as humans remain human then conflict is inevitable.

28 minutes ago, Cecil of Cynope said:

However, as islam was imported to Iran, which was old-day Persia and had polytheistic religions (Zarathoustra 'n stuff) before being converted by force to the islamic monotheism, this doesn't change Kurshok's statement of islam being a "brown people religion" ;)

-also, not trying to piss you off or anything by contradicting you, so don't take it personally, it's only about spreading the most accurate information as possible, but as I stated, the differences between Iran's islam, Shia islam, and Al Quaeda/Daech (I awfully regret that the acronym I.S.I.S has become the default name used in English, because that creates a confusion with the goddess Isis of Ancient Egypt :(), Sunni islam, are so few and minor that there is actually no difference between the two: when I mentioned jokingly a difference between the color of god's eye, I was referring to the fact that Sunnis and Shiis are really disagreeing about Muhammad's eye color, seriously.
Just like Catholics and Protestants, ready to kill themselves and their respective children over trivial matters... ah, monotheistic religion, such a wonderful force driving mankind to new heights :rolleyes::laugh:

Sunni Islam is "inclusively aggressive" ("Islam all over the world, we will convert you in a way or another") but naive when it needs an organisation, Shi'A is really conservative ("let us be muslim and you can go to hell, we don't need you") but well organised thanks to european influences (fascism, marxism, etc.)

• Like 1

Yeah, sunni islam is presently following a seemingly leaderless-model regarding organization -although Daech was based on a strict pyramidal hierarchy, notably in the way it organized its administrative functions in the regions conquered- that said I'm not sure if it has always been the case, historically... I doubt that european influences had an impact on shia islam, as, chronologically, it existed in Iran long before the system of pan-arabian and marxist political parties, so it was probably more influenced with the Persian administrative system, which was quite extensive if I remember correctly, but I'm not a specialist of Ancient Persia either. :mellow:

1 minute ago, duzenko said:

This is hate thread, I'm reporting it, offtopic or not

For what reason? Because I am critical of Muhammad? None of what I said about the man is a lie. I have the freedom of speech to criticize a man who commits such atrocities as he did, no matter if he uses the excuse of being handpicked by "Allah" to do so. The silencing and censoring of those who criticize Muhammad and Islam is no different than the silencing and censoring of those who spoke against the cruel actions of the Catholic Church in the years of the Inquisition, when stating basic facts like "The world is round" and "The Earth orbits the sun" could get you marked as a heretic.

27 minutes ago, Kurshok said:

For what reason? Because I am critical of Muhammad? None of what I said about the man is a lie. I have the freedom of speech to criticize a man who commits such atrocities as he did, no matter if he uses the excuse of being handpicked by "Allah" to do so. The silencing and censoring of those who criticize Muhammad and Islam is no different than the silencing and censoring of those who spoke against the cruel actions of the Catholic Church in the years of the Inquisition, when stating basic facts like "The world is round" and "The Earth orbits the sun" could get you marked as a heretic.

I would say calling all muslims "a load of pigshit" is a form of hate speech. I agree that you should be able to critice Muhammad as a person and the things you mentioned that he did, but you should watch how you do it. Unfortunately, the border between hate speech and critisism can be very slim, especially in discussions about religion. In general, you can assume that any swear words or insults will not furhter your argument and will not fall under "freedom of speech", but will also lead to accusations of hate speech.

I believe OP is autistic. In fact, I insist on it.

When it comes to Afghanistan, collapse is probably inevitable, whether the U.S. pulls out 5 years from now, 15 years ago, whatever. The U.S. is just throwing good money after bad there.

One thing that could be done is to take in all of the Afghan translators and others who were promised U.S. citizenship, so they don't get immediately slaughtered. This is happening, supposedly:

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/558650-america-must-keep-our-promise-to-afghan-translators

https://thehill.com/opinion/national-security/561572-getting-afghan-interpreters-out-of-afghanistan-isnt-progressive-its

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duzenko said:

This is hate thread, I'm reporting it, offtopic or not

Report it to who? This isn't Twitter. I've never seen the mods here remove anything unless it's obvious spam or includes links to illegal content.

44 minutes ago, Destined said:

In general, you can assume that any swear words or insults will not furhter your argument and will not fall under "freedom of speech", but will also lead to accusations of hate speech.

Depends where you live. In the US (where I assume the OP is, given that he mentions voting for Biden), insults and swear words are most definitely free speech protected by the First Amendment. In the UK the protection is much weaker, but swearing and insults are not generally unlawful unless you are actually considered to be "stirring up hatred" of particular protected groups (so criticising Muhammad is lawful but "all Muslims are pigshit" is legally risky). I have heard that mere insults can be unlawful in Germany but I don't know the exact extent of that law or how it is enforced in practice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cecil of Cynope said:

Yeah, sunni islam is presently following a seemingly leaderless-model regarding organization -although Daech was based on a strict pyramidal hierarchy, notably in the way it organized its administrative functions in the regions conquered- that said I'm not sure if it has always been the case, historically... I doubt that european influences had an impact on shia islam, as, chronologically, it existed in Iran long before the system of pan-arabian and marxist political parties, so it was probably more influenced with the Persian administrative system, which was quite extensive if I remember correctly, but I'm not a specialist of Ancient Persia either. :mellow:

Iranian islamic revolution doctrine is really pseudomarxism+Islam, with the classic fascist love for the authoritarian rule where "spirit"=people=state+religion in mutual positive feedback.

It's really an islamic spin of Hegel/Plato ideal society model. So the pseudomarxism interpretation of the "Devilish West" is automatic, no, better,  inescapable/necessary.

It's not by chance that here in Italy, neo-fascists really are pro-Iran (and NOT "Persia"): they literally want to be italian pasdaran and they pursuit the same kind of "spiritual" revolution against "degenerated liberal values of the West".

Fascism by the book (Gentile's one :D https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giovanni_Gentile )

Edited by lowenz

1 hour ago, OrbWeaver said:

Report it to who? This isn't Twitter. I've never seen the mods here remove anything unless it's obvious spam or includes links to illegal content.

Depends where you live. In the US (where I assume the OP is, given that he mentions voting for Biden), insults and swear words are most definitely free speech protected by the First Amendment. In the UK the protection is much weaker, but swearing and insults are not generally unlawful unless you are actually considered to be "stirring up hatred" of particular protected groups (so criticising Muhammad is lawful but "all Muslims are pigshit" is legally risky). I have heard that mere insults can be unlawful in Germany but I don't know the exact extent of that law or how it is enforced in practice.

There is a new wrinkle.

Financial institutions ( banks, credit card companies, paypal, etc ) are now acting on behalf of their clients so if "offense" material is hosted anywhere that a propaganda team "concerned citizens" can find it and point at it then they will contact those institutions and have them disable the financial accounts of the site hosts.

This means that despite any inclination to allow "free speech" here we may need to censor threads like this.

In fact, as Kurshok is a US citizen there have been cases where US citizens posting "prohibited right-wing content" on Twitter have had their bank accounts suspended so Kurshok may be in jeopardy of such actions by his bank if they can ascertain his true identity...

( Welcome to the new IMF \ CIA controlled world. )

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Please, the proof (you know, block accounts is a criminal behaviour and really from the fantasy domain in a law-controlled world).

Still believing this is a trolling "I'm an aspie, I'm alone so you MUST believe me!!!1111" thread ;)

Edited by lowenz

Hate speech is a legit legal, human rights doctrine: https://www.coe.int/en/web/freedom-expression/hate-speech

Wikileaks hermits were right all along. But they'll find other scapegoats like that time with #stopKony - Kony 2012. It's just sad that Vietnam didn't teach them anything.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

42 minutes ago, lowenz said:

Please, the proof (you know, block accounts is a criminal behaviour and really from the fantasy domain in a law-controlled world).

Still believing this is a trolling "I'm an aspie, I'm alone so you MUST believe me!!!1111" thread ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Bank#Targeted_account_closures

https://nypost.com/2019/05/25/jpmorgan-chase-accused-of-purging-accounts-of-conservative-activists/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-jpmorgan-resumes-political-giving-freezes-out-republicans-who-2021-06-04/

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Oh, Tarrio

In 2004, when he was 20 years old, Tarrio was convicted of theft. He was sentenced to community service and three years of probation and was ordered to pay restitution.[11] In 2013, Tarrio was sentenced to 30 months (of which he spent 16) in federal prison for rebranding and reselling stolen medical devices.[32][33][34] According to a January 2021 Reuters report, between 2012 and 2014 Tarrio had been an informant to both federal and local law enforcement; in a 2014 federal court hearing, Tarrio's lawyer said that Tarrio had been a "prolific" cooperator who had assisted the government in the investigation and prosecution of more than twelve people in cases involving anabolic steroids, gambling, and human smuggling; had helped identify three "grow houses" where marijuana was cultivated; and had repeatedly worked undercover to aid in investigations. Tarrio denied working undercover or cooperating with prosecutions, but the court transcript contradicted the denial, and the former federal prosecutor in the proceeding against Tarrio confirmed that he cooperated.[35][36]

Tarrio was arrested by Washington, D.C., police on January 4, 2021, and charged with one misdemeanor count of destruction of property in connection with the burning of a Black Lives Matter banner stolen from a Washington, D.C. church during a pro-Trump march on December 12, 2020 that drew around 200 Proud Boys. Tarrio acknowledged that he had burned the banner, but denied that the act was a hate crime.[24][37] A statement released by African Methodist Episcopal Church, which was one of two historically black churches in D.C. targeted on December 12, said that the church had sued Tarrio and the Proud Boys organization.[38][39] Tarrio was also charged with two felony counts of possession of a high capacity feeding device after two high-capacity firearms magazines were found on Tarrio when he was arrested.[40][41] As a condition of his release on bail on January 5, 2021, Tarrio was banned from entering Washington except for trial or meeting with his lawyers.[42][43][44] The FBI later said they had arrested Tarrio in an attempt to prevent the storming of the United States Capitol.[35]

So he's a criminal. And the bank is closing a criminal's account and this criminal plays the good old victimhood card "There's no FREESPEECH!!1111"

When you'll realise that "FREESPEECH" is everybody strawman (and just being that is NOT an awesome thing and the "FREESPEECHERS" must find a way to avoid the ones posing as new Orwell.....)?

Edited by lowenz