The Dark Mod Forums

Start menu blurry, played the game before there was no problem ver. 2.07

Ico

Hello,

I remember i tried playing latest but was not running open gl 3.3. So i installed 2.07. which was working okay and i did some tweaks because of lighting being like in minecraft (just lamps and torches), and snow on screen when moving. That was fixed i heard 2.05 could be more forgiving so i tried that and get blocky texture on welcome screen, i dont see anything, and can only use cfg not console, since oddly console is affected as well. I have intel gma 4500, so i have to use modded drivers to get open gl support, but it worked before.

After trying and deleting 2.05 i installed 2.00, 2.05 and 2.07 several times with identical screen.

I tried image downscaling, and everything recommended before it was fixed in 2.05, and it is not working.
Can you advise me what to paste in config cli, because i can't see what im typing?

Thank you.

Edited by Ico

You could start with switching to windowed mode with Alt-Enter and posting a screenshot of your problem

But from what you sound like you either have a corrupted game install, bad drivers or faulty HW

How much longer are you planning to torture that 2008-made computer? Can't you afford a $30 used videocard?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, duzenko said:

You could start with switching to windowed mode with Alt-Enter and posting a screenshot of your problem

But from what you sound like you either have a corrupted game install, bad drivers or faulty HW

How much longer are you planning to torture that 2008-made computer? Can't you afford a $30 used videocard?

Not really it is in a dell optiplex m-itx chassis, i cant fit anything other than igpu. I had an other pc but it crashed, and cant dechiper the stopcode, even still it had ati radeon 1300x, and now is even more deprecated than before. This pc came as work replacement, and after initial tweaking removin services, and keeping an eye on startup processes it runs cool and okay, even managed to finish Arkham City on it relatively well. Only thing i didn't fix was disk usage and i scoured the internet, because that is in windows 10 by desing it seems, every startup a massive i/o activity comes up and i have to wait a minute or so before using it. I don't know if they really need it or is it lobbying for ssd for os.

Besides i ran it okayish and nearly completed doom 3 and played Ressurection of Evil.
I think I should maybe delete it in safe mode, or with 3dguru driver uninstaller, i should pick correctly since i cant run other software in safe mode.

It is intriguing that it works, i mess something up in cfg and and options, and now is screwed perpetually.

Thank you for posting. :) Sorry for the longer post.