The Dark Mod Forums

Weird Shit goin' down in Haiti

Kurshok

I've been hearing a cabal of Haitian Oligarchs hired hitmen to assassinate Haiti's reformist president. Is anybody more in-touch which Haitian culture and trends to give a better low-down on the situation? Who are the power players here? What's this I'm hearing about it being orchestrated by a Haitian-American doctor?

Oh, another 'Kurshok had a thought' thread.

Let me ask you this: why did you pick this forum of all places as your favourite site to talk politics? This is a gaming forum about a niche genre. What does Haiti's president have to do with anything related to Thief/TDM/gaming?!

Why don't you find a political forum and discuss these things there? Why don't you discuss it in the comments of some news articles where you'd likely find many people willing to talk about it? Nobody here cares.

• Like 3

While I do not really disagree with your notion, I have to give Kurshok that this is the Off-topic part of the forum, so it does not really matter if the forum in general is dedicated to Thief/TDM/gaming. It is his choice to bring up this stuff on this forum and it is the choice of anyone else to engage in these topics. If they don't interest you, you are free to ignore them. Or to use a more "common" term (not meant as an attack against Kurshok): "Don't feed the troll." If noone will answer to the topic, it will simply die without any answer. If this happens often enough, he will most likely see that noone will engage in these topics and finally stop posting. If people do care about the same topics, he will have a conversation about it. In both cases, it does not really matter for you, if you ignore the post.

• Like 1

Not sure what you mean. I ignore a lot of threads (e.g. any that deal with Linux problems). When I check the forum, I open the threads I am interested in and afterwards hit "Mark forum as read". It is no "ignore these topics in general", but it also does not require much effort...

I meant an Ignore function on a thread level, not just single posts. I check forums using the Activity tab, because that's the fastest way to see all the recent posts. Right now all posts are from the taliban thread which I'm really not interested in but have to navigate through, to see TDM related stuff.

That sometimes a topic drifts to politics occasionally is unavoidable, but in a dedicated forum like this, politics shouldn't take place. A policy subforum in this for will only derive from the theme of this and also tends to create a bad atmosphere among users. In the Vivaldi forum, apart from technical related topics, there are all kinds of content, videos, music, humor, literature and even cooking recipes, but there are two strictly banned topics: Politics and Religion.
There are enough general and discussion forums, who wants to lose themselves in political debates, to have to also make it in a technical forum.

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

10 hours ago, peter_spy said:

I meant an Ignore function on a thread level, not just single posts. I check forums using the Activity tab, because that's the fastest way to see all the recent posts. Right now all posts are from the taliban thread which I'm really not interested in but have to navigate through, to see TDM related stuff.

Ah, ok. I do not use this function and can see why this is annoying.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kopfrkingl said:

Oh, another 'Kurshok had a thought' thread.

Let me ask you this: why did you pick this forum of all places as your favourite site to talk politics? This is a gaming forum about a niche genre. What does Haiti's president have to do with anything related to Thief/TDM/gaming?!

Why don't you find a political forum and discuss these things there? Why don't you discuss it in the comments of some news articles where you'd likely find many people willing to talk about it? Nobody here cares.

It's off topic. And who are you to say nobody cares? You don't speak for everybody.

28 minutes ago, Kurshok said:

It's off topic. And who are you to say nobody cares? You don't speak for everybody.

He speaks for me. Because of you, the forum view looks like this:

Clipboard01.jpg.718b00df71f997f61637db62c73c7782.jpg

The forums look like a news site because of you, and I don't have any way to ignore it.