The Dark Mod Forums

Just Music You Like

JackFarmer

To state it clearly and precisely: we do not make percussion instruments, handpans or hang drums. Playing the drums is a different language. The imitators of the hang allow playing with sticks or gloves. We make the hang for the hands, beyond any playing techniques.

An excerpt from this here blog post https://www.hangblog.org/newsletter-panart-may-19th-2010/

Right. Well, turns out there are about a billion different handpans from other companies, and they are expensive as all hell. :awesome: I'm just a fan of tuned percussion.

At least I, as an old heavy fan, know them very well (Alestorm 😆) and many more. In this genre I have preferences especially in Melodic black / death Metal and Prog Metal
I like groups like Tool, Genesis of the 70s with Peter Gabriel, in the current Vintersea, Gojira, Rotting Christ, Behemoth, Moonsorrow and some more

• Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Just some good darkwave like Na zare - Alliance

And just some random bass. Dat bass:

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

This band is like Jim Morrison, The Doors, Velvet Underground, Jefferson Airplane and Hendrix. Really underrated:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

Not sure where I first heard of them, but there's a British group called Hybrid that does a lot of electronic music that I like. Some stuff of theres I can listen to endlessly...

Edited by Xolvix
  • Like 1

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

On 9/13/2021 at 1:00 PM, Anderson said:

This band is like Jim Morrison, The Doors, Velvet Underground, Jefferson Airplane and Hendrix. Really underrated:

Absolutely cool, I fully agree with you, but I would add Led Zeppelin to your list! :)

Thank you for sharing, I will try to get all their CDs! I am asshamed that I missed this band till now. I even knew a song from them that has been used in the first season of True Detective, but I did not investigate the band name. Clicking on the first track you have posted, I immediately recognized the voice and then was able to verify my assumption:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could get a lossless version of this song. I always loved it. Specially how it starts soft and gets more aggressive later.

The Playstation 1 version of this game had the better quality version of the music by far. The PC version's soundtrack was compressed and muddy, probably 22KHz in ADPCM, which was always a shitty sounding codec, but also used all over the place in the 1990s.

Edited by kano
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm impressed seeing so many fellow metal heads on the forums! Moonsorrow was mentioned by several members, definitely in my top 10 bands. Though I would probably classify them as black metal (with folk and progressive influences). Shout out to Devin Townsend too, I mostly know him from listening to Strapping Young Lad, but an excellent musician in general.

In general I'm an equal fan of death metal and black metal, and mainly Nordic bands, but there is good stuff from all over the world. I'm particularly a fan of the early Swedish death metal scene with bands like Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Grotesque etc, and the later Gothenburg scene of Melodic Death Metal like Dark Tranquillity, In Flames and others (both of which I've hung out with at concerts, Gothenburg is a small town ^^)

For Black Metal it's mainly Norwegian and some Swedish and Finnish bands like Darkthrone, Immortal, Gorgoroth, Lord Belial, Bathory, Dissection, Moonsorrow, Impaled Nazarene and many more.

But when it comes to mapping in DR I tend to go for something that's a bit more chill and puts me in the zone. I usually listen to some kind of Dungeon Synth or similar, for example:

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

On 10/10/2021 at 7:31 PM, Bienie said:

Wow, I'm impressed seeing so many fellow metal heads on the forums! Moonsorrow was mentioned by several members, definitely in my top 10 bands. Though I would probably classify them as black metal (with folk and progressive influences). Shout out to Devin Townsend too, I mostly know him from listening to Strapping Young Lad, but an excellent musician in general.

In general I'm an equal fan of death metal and black metal, and mainly Nordic bands, but there is good stuff from all over the world. I'm particularly a fan of the early Swedish death metal scene with bands like Entombed, Dismember, Grave, Grotesque etc, and the later Gothenburg scene of Melodic Death Metal like Dark Tranquillity, In Flames and others (both of which I've hung out with at concerts, Gothenburg is a small town ^^)

For Black Metal it's mainly Norwegian and some Swedish and Finnish bands like Darkthrone, Immortal, Gorgoroth, Lord Belial, Bathory, Dissection, Moonsorrow, Impaled Nazarene and many more.

But when it comes to mapping in DR I tend to go for something that's a bit more chill and puts me in the zone. I usually listen to some kind of Dungeon Synth or similar, for example:

Sounds like those old Adlib sountracks - Dune 2, Daggerfall etc.

Btw, random, out of the blue hardcore song that my head hurts from listening too much bc I just can't handle dat bass:

On 9/28/2021 at 6:55 AM, kano said:

Wish I could get a lossless version of this song. I always loved it. Specially how it starts soft and gets more aggressive later.

The Playstation 1 version of this game had the better quality version of the music by far. The PC version's soundtrack was compressed and muddy, probably 22KHz in ADPCM, which was always a shitty sounding codec, but also used all over the place in the 1990s.

Edited by Anderson

badge?user=andarson