The Dark Mod Forums

Just Music You Like

JackFarmer

9 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

I'm old and a retiree since years, I am not worried about my own future, I know that I do not have so many years ahead of me, but this does not take away what has been said and the validity of trying to change by having a responsibility with our children and grandchildren.

Hiding in your own fatalism with a 'all is lost anyway' is certainly the best way to make it really that way, becoming a subject, submissive and obedient, much to the liking of those who are destroying this world in their greed.
Fortunately, not everyone is like that, if not all of us still lived in a bloody feudalism and slavery, without the possibility of looking for ways to obtain a minimum personal sovereignty, being simple objects in property, herd animals, because 'all is lost anyway'.

You think the government is your enemy? You'll miss it when it's gone. It is right now the only thing that stands between you and the oncoming tidalwave of darkness.

No, the government's problem is only a problem if it is the spokesperson for the banks and the so-called 'markets' and not for the citizens, and also when they are only interested in their partisan interests.
Much of the current problems are the fault of people who do not vote 'because all politicians are equal', they do not take into account that in politics the silent majority does not exist.

The war in Ukraine, a war that I already predicted 2 years ago, when the economic crisis due to COVID began, knowing that this ne-liberal system in which we live, always uses a war as a 'reset' when an economic bubble bursts. They have done this throughout history, especially in recent times. Wars were never started by ordinary people, they always had economic or religious reasons, caused by the leaders and always for their own interests.

But the human being is the only animal that does not trip over the same stone twice, but 50 times.

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

I'm listening to this while I'm opening up this thread, so I guess I may as well as post it here.

It's nostalgia incarnate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

4 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

No, the government's problem is only a problem if it is the spokesperson for the banks and the so-called 'markets' and not for the citizens, and also when they are only interested in their partisan interests.
Much of the current problems are the fault of people who do not vote 'because all politicians are equal', they do not take into account that in politics the silent majority does not exist.

The war in Ukraine, a war that I already predicted 2 years ago, when the economic crisis due to COVID began, knowing that this ne-liberal system in which we live, always uses a war as a 'reset' when an economic bubble bursts. They have done this throughout history, especially in recent times. Wars were never started by ordinary people, they always had economic or religious reasons, caused by the leaders and always for their own interests.

But the human being is the only animal that does not trip over the same stone twice, but 50 times.

If you're this passionate about politics, and really think that you can improve the world, then consider joining a real political party (far away from the vast plethora of YouTube pundits). Far too many people just sit at home and grow upset over abstract "should":s and "could":s.

Personally I don't think any politics will matter in a few years, but I'm not you, so good luck.

3 hours ago, datiswous said:

From what moment in your life?

I never heard it before (..I think). Sounds pretty nice.

I don't even really remember, since I didn't hear it in its own time. It just has that kind of wistful sound that brings you to a place.

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

5 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

:(

Never let me down

RIP, Andy.

What a damn shit.

To clarify, here's recent news:
"Andy 'Fletch' Fletcher, the co-founder and keyboardist of beloved synth-pop and New Wave stalwarts Depeche Mode, died at the age of 60."

R.I.P.. You truly helped revolutionize chord progression.

The tribute video I posted on my own social media was also Never Let Me Down. It just feels like the right pick.

It was a bit surprising. Depeche Mode doesn't feel like a particularly old band to me. Like Pink Floyd and Rolling Stones feel like old bands now. But not DM.

RIP Fletch. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if mentioned before, but IMHO this artist's music would be very fitting for a Thief-style game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

YouTube has the habit of recommending me the funniest things. However, in regards to music it is quiet good at predicting my taste, especially considering I didn't even knew I would like it beforehand. :)

• Like 1

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 2 months later...

Randomly found quality Russian, Soviet prison and prison subculture-themed drama rap from no name Georgian emigrant Гио Пика. Lots of great songs:

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

• 1 month later...

Maybe a great band for a TDM soundtrack

Info from the Rúnfell canal

USAGE CONDITIONS: You may use this music free of charge for any purposes that are not commercial, but make sure to contact me first, and then credit me for my work with link to my YouTube channel. If you would like to use any of my music for commercial purposes (inclusive of any business or money making forms) then please contact me directly at runfell@web.de. Remixing, sampling and other forms of altering the original track into a new piece of music is not allowed unless the remix is non-commercial and refers to the original title, including the songtitle and name of the author.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Rúnfell/featured

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Random no name post-punk

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

badge?user=andarson