The Dark Mod Forums

Gaming BF Seeking Advice for My GF

benjyhall

HI All

I was hoping for some advice on a couple of subjects, now to start with the boring stuff (Lol) I'm a guy so i'm useless on this, it's my girlfriends birthday coming up & she has asked for some make up, so I've been looking at these guys but I'm not sure what brands to get, I was hoping to get some advice off some gamer girls (or guys, whatever) her birthdays in 3 weeks & I'm need to get moving on this, classic me leaving it to last minute.

Also on a more important topic, my graphics cards so out of date, anyone know where I can get a Quadro RTX 48 GB looking at around a £4000 budget, if there's a cheaper one for similar value to money, I'd love to see it.

Thankyou

B

Edited by greebo
removed link

You consider "three weeks in advance" last minute? 😄 Can't help you with that makeup, 'though, sorry.

And regarding that Quadro card: You are kidding, right? 😄 Quadro-Cards are not really meant for regular consumers. They are used primarily for general purpose GPU-computing, i.e., heavy number crunching tasks. If you've really got that much money to spare, just get an Geforce RTX 3090.

2 hours ago, benjyhall said:

HI All

I was hoping for some advice on a couple of subjects, now to start with the boring stuff (Lol) I'm a guy so i'm useless on this, it's my girlfriends birthday coming up & she has asked for some make up, so I've been looking at these guys but I'm not sure what brands to get, I was hoping to get some advice off some gamer girls (or guys, whatever) her birthdays in 3 weeks & I'm need to get moving on this, classic me leaving it to last minute.

Also on a more important topic, my graphics cards so out of date, anyone know where I can get a Quadro RTX 48 GB looking at around a £4000 budget, if there's a cheaper one for similar value to money, I'd love to see it.

Thankyou

B

I don't know much about cosmetics, but I think that IBM maybe have somthing of your interests, although I don't know, if you can negotiate your budget with them 🤔

qbVQuHI.png

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

I wonder if this is going to turn out to be one of those tag-team spam threads, where one person asks for a recommendation and then their mate shows up 24 hours later to post a link to the desired site.

Do girlfriends really ask their boyfriend to buy "some make-up" without specifying what they actually want (surely make-up is a very personal decision, not something you want an uneducated buyer to surprise you with), and since when do gamers use £4000 professional-grade workstation graphics cards?

Apologies to the OP if this is for real, but these are some very unusual requirements.

Someone's first post that has a link to an external site, and references nothing that is actually connected to this forum?  I'm guessing spam.

Indeed, I'll give them credit for making it somewhat believable.

They might want to improve their targeting though. If the objective is to sell women's cosmetics, a forum full of male gaming nerds probably isn't the most effective audience.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

Apologies to the OP if this is for real, but these are some very unusual requirements.

I thought the same thing, but I figured I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Let's see if he shows up again. 🙂

• Haha 1