The Dark Mod Forums

Forum Update 2022 - Ranks

SeriousToni

Seems like the forums been updated since my last visit.

Why does everybody have a rocket on their profile picture?

Could the ranks either be disabled or filled with proper icons instead of just one rocket? If you need someone to create those icons (maybe Thief related) just give me a call, I may can help. :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Hm, am I the only one who is annoyed by all the rockets that came out all of a sudden? :D I mean,  it would be cool if the ranks were somehow thief related at least. Or.. Different icons.. But rockets, come on xD

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, but I wonder why we use the rockets anyway. I guess this came with an update and taaki was too busy switching them off or configure them to something useful.

But it seems like it doesn't really bother anyone else, so I might have to install that Addon you mentioned.

Edited by SeriousToni
  • Like 1

If you do bring them back, I wonder if they could be more customised, with thiefy labels.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

1 minute ago, datiswous said:

Huh, didn't know people use status updates. Looks like a personal blog/chat function inside the forum profile.

It was used extensively... several years ago, before the forum software was updated and the module stopped showing up on the front page.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:38 PM, greebo said:

This just seemed to be deactivated. Not sure if it's a good feature, but there you go ==>

I think it wasn't fully implemented during the initial upgrade from IPB 3.x to 4.x, but if it's working again, may as well keep it.

I am the bat. The night is mine.

3 minutes ago, taaaki said:

I think it wasn't fully implemented during the initial upgrade from IPB 3.x to 4.x, but if it's working again, may as well keep it.

Seeing that nobody actually changed their status in the past 48 hours, it might as well be broken - I haven't tested it myself to be honest :)

I quite liked the status system - it allowed to share things without doing it formally with a forum post. Hopefully it will see more use again now that it's properly visible.

6 hours ago, greebo said:

Seeing that nobody actually changed their status in the past 48 hours, it might as well be broken - I haven't tested it myself to be honest :)

I was waiting for something interesting to use for my first new status post.

Now that I used it, I notice that hyperlinks aren't clickable until you open the status. Long URLs are also shortened. Not ideal, but workable. I might use a URL shortener in future posts.

Edited by jaxa