The Dark Mod Forums

[SOLVED] Couldn't load sounds of standard TDM .wav files in 2.10/64 #9588

Geep

During console "map", I get a list of TDM sound files, like "animal_flies_loop01.wav" with "WARNING: Couldn't load..." messages. Those sounds do indeed appear to be not playing (I only checked a few).

This was a build that worked under 2.09, but had this problem when copied to my 2.10 environment. Deleting the .cm, .proc, .aas* files under 2.10 and redoing the dmap there did not fix it. Are you seeing this too?

A lot of the warnings look like this...

WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'solitude_loop_z.wav' using default
  [map entity: atdm_location_settings_1]
  [decl: solitude_loop_z in <implicit file>]
  [sound: solitude_loop_z.wav]

Could it be that the code is for some reason assuming a .wav extension (and so not finding the sound file), where it previously assumed a .ogg extension?

• Geep changed the title to [SOLVED] Couldn't load sounds of standard TDM .wav files in 2.10/64 #9588

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 0 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply
    • OrbWeaver

I like the new frob highlight but it would nice if it was less "flickery" while moving over objects (especially barred metal doors).
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

Please vote in the 15th Anniversary Contest Theme Poll

· 0 replies