The Dark Mod Forums

ig7icd64.dll Error. DM does not start

William Umit

ig7icd64.dll error TDM is loading, mission loading but just before game starts it gives error message and closes.

I installed TDM 209a. My OS Win 8.1 X64.

It says fault module is  ig7icd64.dll 

and it shows that dll has different timestamp from app timestamp. 

Any ideas how I can correct this?

DarkmodError.jpg

Edited by William Umit
adding the error message from windows

48 minutes ago, William Umit said:

If I change all ig7icd64.dll (old version) in windows with the ig7icd64.dll (new version).
I have this old version in 4 different system folders.  If I change them with the new version, would it be OK? or would it crash?😀 

No idea, but I'd advise strongly against replacing driver DLLs directly.

If you think it's too dangerous to install new driver, then there is nothing else to do here.

1 hour ago, William Umit said:

Under which exact circumstances does the game crash?
Does it crash before you see loading screen, while you see it, or after you "click attack to start", or somewhere in game?
Does it happen on New Job mission?

The condump that you attached does not witness the crash itself.
It would be great to get condump with everything up to the very point of crash.
The only way to achieve it is to open Darkmod.cfg, find the line with logFile, and change it to seta logFile "2" (UPDATE: it seems it is already set in your config file). Then run the game on New Job FM and reproduce the crash. Then find the log file at fms/newjob/qconsole.log.

Also, please try to record a crash dump as described here: https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Save_a_Memory_Dump_for_debugging_Crashes

I think it should be as simple as going to Task Manager and right+click + create memory dump on TheDarkModx64.exe, while the error message that you posted here is still being displayed.

If I have a crashdump, I'll be able to see what the game was doing at the moment of crash. In most cases it gives a lot of information about the reasons of the crash.

2 hours ago, William Umit said:

My driver version is 10.18.10.3496 Intel HD4000

There is a new version 10.18.10.4061 but this is not approved for my laptop, and does not allow me to install new version.

According to this page, your driver was released in 2014.
And the new version you write about was released in 2015 according to another page.

Here is the page for discontinued Intel graphics cards: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005733/graphics.html

And it has an entry  Intel® HD Graphics 4000" page, which references the page for the latest driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29969/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-33-?v=t

The driver there has version 15.33.53.5161, released in 2020.
That's much newer than what you have.

Of course, you have a special monitor, and maybe not every driver fits your case.

I changed the drivers to latest. But I got StackHash_c6d7 error this time. Game never loaded. no opening scene, nothing. directly error message come after I double click to TDM icon.  

Now I revert all dlls to original version now. Later I will get full crushdump as you say.

16 minutes ago, stgatilov said:

Well, if you did it by replacing DLL files, then it's not surprising.

How am I supposed to do it ?  I simply replaced them naturally. Is there any other way?

54 minutes ago, William Umit said:

I changed the drivers to latest.

How am I supposed to do it ?  I simply replaced them naturally. Is there any other way?

"Changing driver" is not the same as "replacing DLLs manually".

"Replace DLLs manually" means: you download DLL with that name from Internet, then hunt down all places where DLL with same name exists on your machine, and replace the file everywhere.
I guess your system will become more and more broken if you do so...

"Change driver" means go to official website of hardware vendor, find where you can download drivers compatible with your hardware, download it. It should exist as some kind of installer (usually some .exe file or .msi, e.g. win64_15.33.53.5161.exe), which you can run. Usually it shows you some dialogs like "Hello, I'm going to install Intel HD graphics driver", maybe even some options.

Another way: open "Windows Device Manager" with admin rights, find your video device there, open its properties, go to Driver tab and click Update driver button. Although this way perhaps you'll only get drivers approved by Microsoft, which are not necessarily the most recent ones (not sure).

So, which way did you use?

"Replace DLLs manually". Yes, in 4 different system folders I replaced dlls manually but I got StackHash_c6d7 error this time, as I said before. Then I changed back to original dlls manually in all 4 system folder locations manually. 

Now I am getting previous error message ig7icd64.dll

Tomorrow I will create crashdump. 

Oh, my laptop Microsoft Surface Pro 3, and it says that I am using latest version of graphics driver, and does not let me install any other (or newer) graphics driver. 

Meanwhile I downladed 32 bit exe and tried it but it gave ig7icd32.dll error.   

• Sad 1

Could be low on RAM - maybe round down textures and try a small mission?

Or could be 64-bit color compatibility - try to disable that

There's a way to bypass vendor check and force install intel drivers, I did that on my Atom tablet many years ago. Search for steps.

About the application crash error,
it would be nice to see the whole error, instead of a screenshot.
You can find this error description back in the eventviewer of windows 8, at the "application" section.

About generating a memory dump.
Because TDM crashes immediately,
it is easier to set the system to generate the dump automatically when the application crashes (like TDM), instead of generating it manually when the application freezes (like DR).
I updated an article about this, that is pointed to earlier
(>added a section howto setting and activating "usermode memory dumps generation" in the windows registry, using the windows command-line)

BTW, have you played TDM (or older versions) earlier on that system, William?
That ms surface 3 is, to me, like a tablet.
I think its videocard is not powerful enough to run TDM. (-> specs)
(but you can change several stuff in the settings)

Edited by freyk

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

22 hours ago, freyk said:

About the application crash error,
it would be nice to see the whole error, instead of a screenshot. You can find this error description back in the eventviewer of the system, at the "application" section.

About generating a memory dump.
Because TDM crashes immediately,
it is easier to set the system to generate the dump automatically when the application crashes (like TDM), then generating it manually when the application freezes (like DR).
I updated an article about this, that is pointed to earlier
(>added a section howto setting and activating "usermode memory dumps generation" in the windows registry, using the windows commandline)

Btw, have you played TDM (or older versions) earlier on that system, william?
That ms surface 3 is, to me, like a tablet. I think its videocard is not powerful enough to run TDM.

well it has Intel HD 4000 graphics. Should be enough for TDM, but I  am not sure. I installed a lot of games and playing. 

Thanks for the link to article. I was looking for detailed info about how to get a crushdump or memorydump.

I guess I got the Event Viewer log. Please check if it's good.

will-TDM.evtx

Thanks for the log.

for the people who wants to know:
===

Application name: TheDarkModx64.exe, version: 2.0.9.0, timpestamp: 0x609f8855
Faul Module Name: ig7icd64.dll, version: 10.18.10.3496, timpestamp: 0x5319f070
Exepction codde: 0xc0000005
Exepction offcet: 0x000000000008a580
Id of process of error: 0xc4c
Starttime of application with error: 0x01d7b916be5efe17
Path to application with error: D:\THIEF\darkmod\TheDarkModx64.exe
Paath to module with error: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ig7icd64.dll
Repport-id: 5ac78b2c-250a-11ec-bf25-6045bde0a5af

===

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

If you have a second partition on your pc then install Darkmod on the second partition I've had that too, Windows sometimes goes crazy

Edited by Heuli