The Dark Mod Forums

What mission? Help!

Summer

Can you guys help me find a mission? I can't remember if it's TDM or a Thief FM, but I could swear it's the former. The mission area is composed of a curved section of road with a cart and sentry posts (that's where the mission starts) and a mansion where a murder happened, I think. I can't remember if there was a supernatural element... Any help would be appreciated! :)

Checked out both of those missions. It's neither one, sorry to say.

But I've not even played Blackgrove Manor, so at least I'll get to play a new mission this evening :)

I'll keep looking. I wonder if it's a T2 FM after all... Sucks to have poor memory!

Thanks so much, guys :)

2 hours ago, darksilence said:

Can it be 'Down by the Riverside'? After disembarking from the ship, there's a curved road, cart, sentry posts, and a mansion where many things have happened over the years, and there is also a supernatural element to it.

Nope. Just checked. Not this one either. But looks cool tho. Can't remember if I've played this. Now I'm gonna :D

In the mission I'm looking for, the starting area I remember is a paved city street. You start in front of a closed wooden gate. The street curves ahead to the right. A wall is one the left, with nothing behind it. Two sentry stations are between two ornate wrought iron gates on the right, behind which is the courtyard of a manor, two-storied I think. The main story takes place there. I vaguely recall a murder and possibly something supernatural... Hmm... Well, I'll keep looking!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help out! :)

Daaamn, I know I've seen this mission too. But like you I cannot for the life of me remember if it's TDM or Thief.

• Haha 2

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Anything else that can help jog our memories? Very old mission maybe or anything about the style and setting?

Your description sounds familiar to me as well. The one I'm thinking of has a narrow and twisty street that had a broken down cart and a light post near the start. There was a well guarded courtyard of stone in front and a balcony you could rope arrow up to as well as a set of vertical doors leading to the cellar. Sound familiar? Do I know what it's called? Haven't the foggiest... 🤣

• Haha 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

9 hours ago, Bienie said:

Anything else that can help jog our memories? Very old mission maybe or anything about the style and setting?

Your description sounds familiar to me as well. The one I'm thinking of has a narrow and twisty street that had a broken down cart and a light post near the start. There was a well guarded courtyard of stone in front and a balcony you could rope arrow up to as well as a set of vertical doors leading to the cellar. Sound familiar? Do I know what it's called? Haven't the foggiest... 🤣

It's weird. I can't remember anything about the house/mansion itself. Just the street out front :D Broken down cart, light posts... Yeah, that sounds about right. The sentry post had a window overlooking the street, and to get to the gate(s) you had to either hug the back wall of the street or crawl under the window to avoid detection. Can't remember if the windows could open... Hmm...

Good to know other people sort of recognize this mission too! I was starting to think I'd imagined the whole thing, like a fever dream mixing several missions :D 

42 minutes ago, datiswous said:

Thief 2 - Mission 13: Casing the Joint  maybe?

I don't remember any part of that mission taking place outside the Manor grounds.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, datiswous said:

Thief 2 - Mission 13: Casing the Joint  maybe?

I remember all T2 mission really well because it's my favorite game in the series. And no, not this one either, but thanks for the suggestion :)

12 hours ago, Summer said:

It's weird. I can't remember anything about the house/mansion itself. Just the street out front :D Broken down cart, light posts... Yeah, that sounds about right. The sentry post had a window overlooking the street, and to get to the gate(s) you had to either hug the back wall of the street or crawl under the window to avoid detection. Can't remember if the windows could open... Hmm...

Good to know other people sort of recognize this mission too! I was starting to think I'd imagined the whole thing, like a fever dream mixing several missions :D 

Yeah I don't remember much about the inside either, but I do remember being able to access the cellar from the courtyard. It does sound like we're thinking of the same mission, and I'm sure it's TDM and not Thief. I've looked over the mission list twice now and nothing is coming to mind 🤔

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

1 hour ago, darksilence said:

What about TD3: Heart of Lone Salvation? The latest descriptions you and Bienie have given about the outside streets, courtyard and cellar sound a lot like it. 🤔

Nailed it! That's the one I was thinking of at least. Not sure why it didn't occur to me that's the one, as it's one of my favorite old school missions.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

On 11/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, Bienie said:

Yeah I don't remember much about the inside either, but I do remember being able to access the cellar from the courtyard. It does sound like we're thinking of the same mission, and I'm sure it's TDM and not Thief. I've looked over the mission list twice now and nothing is coming to mind 🤔

Yeah, I've gone through the mission list a couple of times too now, and nothing is jogging my memory. Man, I'll have to start each and every one :D Well, more playing yummies!

16 hours ago, Summer said:

Yeah, I've gone through the mission list a couple of times too now, and nothing is jogging my memory. Man, I'll have to start each and every one :D Well, more playing yummies!

That's going to take a while! but it's definitely an enjoyable task :) So it wasn't TD3: The Heart of Lone Salvation you were thinking of?

My Fan Missions:

5 hours ago, Bienie said:

That's going to take a while! but it's definitely an enjoyable task :) So it wasn't TD3: The Heart of Lone Salvation you were thinking of?

Missed that post! Well, I checked--and no, not that one. It didn't have any fog. Everything was perfectly visible. But man, it's been a while since I've played that one. Thickest fog in any TDM mission, I think. Nice :) 

Wow, seems like a lot of missions have a broken cart in the starting area. Almost makes me feel dumb for putting one at the start in my next mission 🤣 Oh well, maybe it can just be a TDM meme.

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

On 11/8/2021 at 9:00 PM, Shadow said:

Also Lords and Legacy, same opening. broken cart, city streets to the right, fire lamps. Maybe?

Checked this. Not this one. This starts on city streets. The mission I'm thinking of is maybe in a rural area or some such. There's just the small curve of paved road and the mansion on the right side. Thanks for the suggestion! :)