The Dark Mod Forums

I Hate Headaches

Demigod

I’ve had a migraine for the past few days. It’s not as bad as yesterday, I can tell as there isn’t two of everything but it is still damn painful. I get them fairly regularly, and can normally still do some work, but really bad ones like this one I get only rarely.

Anyone else get migraines?

Yes, with the whole colorful array of lights and a headache where I can't move my head. Sometimes it's so light that I can walk around (half-blind mind you, until it washes over) and carry on daily activities.

Usually processed cheese gives me bad ones. Other times it could be stress, too much alcohol, or hitting my funny bones in the knee or elbow.

I take feverfew as prevention, but really, when a migraine wants to come, it'll come.

Loose BOWELS are the first sign of THE CHOLERA MORBUS!

Men can get migraines, though it's generally alot less common for men to suffer them than women.

I get em on super rare occasions, like maybe once or twice a year at most. When I do it's horrible, feels like someone is trying to crush my head in a vice and I see spots floating around everywhere. I can't imagine how anyone would manage to continue walking around let alone working when they have one.

I get em on super rare occasions, like maybe once or twice a year at most. When I do it's horrible, feels like someone is trying to crush my head in a vice and I see spots floating around everywhere. I can't imagine how anyone would manage to continue walking around let alone working when they have one.

Same frequency here, maybe 3 a year. It depends on the severity. Sometimes it is soo bad that I have to crawl into a fetal position in bed and not move my head an inch for half a day, other times its really just the visual distortion with a light headache. Possibly the feverfew reduces the severity??

I've never had a migraine either. I don't even get major headaches. Although that TTLG thread is starting to give me one....

Very lucky, Ive been getting them since I was sixand its a good month if I dont have one You wouldnt believe the number of tests and strange concoctions Ive been made to take. For me they normaly last one to three days, but when they are really bad it can hang on for more than a week.

I had to get used to some of it, I cant do the same amount as normal and I certainly dont drive when I have one, but its better than lying in bed hoping my head blows up.

As for only women getting them? Well I dont know, I think Im a man, if im not then someone was very wrong in biology class. My GF never complained either but with modern girls who can say :lol: (yes the painkillers have kicked in, its nice when they work.)

Edited by Demigod

Dunno...my migraines are either nonexistant or are going all out to kick my ass. I've never had any that are in between those in severity.

Well with any sickness there is always differing levels of severity and suffering. I've never had it nearly as bad as Demigod, my worst ones are always totally gone in a day.

The only benefit to having them is they are foolproof excuses at work ;)

Thankfully for me, the ones I get often generally mess my vision, but not bad enough that I cant see, depth perception is rather shaky, and make my head feel like it has nails being driven in it. I only get sick on with the worst ones. Seeing double is a very odd experiance

I can do my writing if I have notes beforehand to work from, and cad work helps me concentrate on something other than my own misery (Oh the melodrama) :lol: Seriously It helps me to have something I can do.

Strangely enough one thing that actually helps me is watching static on TV, which is hard to do on new TV’s. My optician suggested its something about the shifting light and dark patterns effecting my eyes and brain. It helps a bit anyway.

My doc argues with my optician over what gives me them. One is convinced it is the other fault. I tend to think it may be my eyes. I have congenital Browns syndrome, which means that my eyes don’t look in the same place, my right looks slightly down and to the left and the left looks slightly to the right, add to that in one eye I have perfect distance vision while the other is long sighted. Then I have differing colour recognition between eyes, and I have difficulty on occasion of differentiating red from yellow anyway, I have to think about it, when I was younger I couldn’t.

Lets face it I’m strange :)

Edited by Demigod

You guys, jeez - I feel for you. I had an ex that would get them, usually triggered by an allergy or monthly cycle... and oh man were they bad. One time she had some soup with MSG in it (allergic, of course) and was up all night with severe pain, crying and nearly screaming at times (which I'm sure could only have made it worse), culiminating in 20 minutes of nasty (almost) dry heaving and crying. It was killing me even seeing it. I was going to call an ambulance, it was so bad.

*shiver*