The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief (2021/11/20)

Bienie

27 minutes ago, Mezla said:

First and foremost: congratulations on another great mission release, Bienie! 👏

I found it to have its own grey-dark atmosphere with lovely accents of humour and a particularly moving element.

Hide contents

The slightly masochist thief-fan 😂 The masochist thief-fan. A priest-gambler and the punishment awaiting him. Oh and a rat with a cute scarf! Touching: the Grayman's and others' missions references as titles of books.

Side missions and especially Detective challenge* were well-seasoned parts of an adventure you invited the player to. 

And creme de la creme: secrets.

Hide contents

Narnia!

Luv it.

Summing up: neatly tailored prologue to the CoS series and an interesting mission made by a pro. Bravo.

Hide contents

...I can frob neither the loot nor the readable from the chest next to the sleeping cultist. I play 2.09 version of Dark Mod. 🤔

I'm glad you enjoyed it, sounds like you explored every nook and cranny as usual! 👍 There's still a couple of things I thought would have garnered a reaction that no one has commented on, probably nobody found them yet hehe.

There's always that one weird bug that inconsistently rears its ugly head... without fail every time I release a mission. Sounds like I may have to replace that chest with a boring old footlocker...

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

Bienie 🙂 Chin up, you made a full-fat mission, so minor inconvenience might be just like that slave who kept the laurel wreath over the head of the triumphant (while staying behind him in his chariot during the celebration parade in Rome) and whispered: "remember, you are a human being!", to remind that too much of pride might insult the gods 😉 
You've got all reasons to celebrate your mission release! 👏

As for Challenges,

Spoiler

I know now that the Detective Challenge can be completed even without reading that particular scroll in the bugged chest but not the Miser as I couldn't pick up the last piece of loot up. Oh, well, going to repeat the whole mission on expert. More taffin' = more happiness. 🙂

Edited by Mezla
Update after playing more.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bienie said:

There's still a couple of things I thought would have garnered a reaction that no one has commented on, probably nobody found them yet hehe.

Ah, like for example 

Spoiler

the unfortunate baker (Larry?) sacrificed by cultists, waterworks workers forming a union and jealousy of Bernard due to his lady being fascinated by crime stories and sharing this new hobby with Willard and similar spices 😉 added to the mission to make the player feel to explore the living city? 🙂

Btw: in Bernard's diary he wrote about the lady but used two different names: Lucinda and Gloria, while to my understanding it was related to Lucinda only? 🤔 Did you plan to make that story juicier or...? 

Edited by Mezla
  • Haha 2

Great mission! 

I have to admit I wasn't patient enough to find nearly everything, only spent about 80 minutes with it, but I loved the atmosphere (although that seems the be the rule with almost every mission I play, especially city missions). I realized I would prefer it if the main objective was a bit longer (even if it meant less side content), but that's just personal preference, can't please everyone :).

Like other people I appreciated the library and the "Narnia" secret quite a bit :). Didn't find the third secret in the library. 

Spoiler

Found the opening bookcase and the one opened with the light fixture, but didn't find a use for the key under the model ship. Also the ring under the sofa caught me off guard, didn't expect anything more, but I don't assume that was the third thing. The whole idea with the thief admirer was hilarious of course.

The only small problem I had was that a guard on the ground floor of the manor spotted me through a closed door or through a wall from the kitchen. A bit annoying in a place where being spotted means game over, but it only happened once.

I had a good time and since this was my first CoS mission, I'm now sure I'll try the rest of the miniseries too.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2021 at 5:53 PM, Mezla said:

Ah, like for example 

Reveal hidden contents

the unfortunate baker (Larry?) sacrificed by cultists, waterworks workers forming a union and jealousy of Bernard due to his lady being fascinated by crime stories and sharing this new hobby with Willard and similar spices 😉 added to the mission to make the player feel to explore the living city? 🙂

Btw: in Bernard's diary he wrote about the lady but used two different names: Lucinda and Gloria, while to my understanding it was related to Lucinda only? 🤔 Did you plan to make that story juicier or...? 

Good catch on the readable, I didn't realize. I think I renamed her during writing the readable for some reason.

Those are some nice observations you made, a diligent reader and theorizer ^^ but the two things that I was referring to is a very special item in a hard to reach place, and a readable that is kind of suggestive and funny. Maybe a second playthrough will reveal even more nuggets ;)

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

On 11/27/2021 at 8:22 PM, vozka said:

Great mission! 

I have to admit I wasn't patient enough to find nearly everything, only spent about 80 minutes with it, but I loved the atmosphere (although that seems the be the rule with almost every mission I play, especially city missions). I realized I would prefer it if the main objective was a bit longer (even if it meant less side content), but that's just personal preference, can't please everyone :).

Like other people I appreciated the library and the "Narnia" secret quite a bit :). Didn't find the third secret in the library. 

Reveal hidden contents

Found the opening bookcase and the one opened with the light fixture, but didn't find a use for the key under the model ship. Also the ring under the sofa caught me off guard, didn't expect anything more, but I don't assume that was the third thing. The whole idea with the thief admirer was hilarious of course.

The only small problem I had was that a guard on the ground floor of the manor spotted me through a closed door or through a wall from the kitchen. A bit annoying in a place where being spotted means game over, but it only happened once.

I had a good time and since this was my first CoS mission, I'm now sure I'll try the rest of the miniseries too.

Glad you enjoyed it! If it provided you with 80 minutes of fun it was still a success I would say!

I definitely know what you mean about the main objective being too short. It's kind of a feature of the CoS missions, but don't let that deter you! I will try to in future make more involved main missions while not compromising too much on side content.

Spoiler

As for the third secret compartment in Willard's apartment, there is a chest (you found the key) hidden behind a painting. To reveal it you need to flick a switch in one of the bookshelves.

Spotting mechanics in TDM can be a bit fickle sometimes, but through all the testing it seemed to work well enough. I made sure the shadows were nice and deep in the manor where light didn't reach. But when an AI randomly spots you through items there's not much you can do... Luckily it was a one time event.

If you liked this mission I think you'll find the others enjoyable too, especially 2 and 3 which definitely have a bit more meat on the bones of the main objectives.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

Thanks for this one! I need a direction on one thing though. I have done so much in the Mission.

Spoiler

Been high and low, windows and doors, sewers,  streets, cultists, rats, side missions, all the secrets, etc. But I still have a key labeled Security Cage Key that I haven't used yet. I think I have figured what area I need to be in but can't find anything to unlock and nothing else frobbable. What did I miss and what direction?

I could end the mission right now but this key is staring at me.

1 hour ago, Bluehawk said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The security cage is in "Odbert's Cellar" the wine shop at the bottom of the stairs, south of your apartment. You enter through a ground-level window.

Thanks Bluehawk ! Actually I already found it and was coming back to post that. I was on the wrong side of the map and when I found it, it was kind of like " How did I miss that?" I went by it a few times ! Bienie, thanks for the mission. That was good stuff. Is there a way to get up to where that high archer is over the Market? Messed with that a bit but will try again soon. Am going to replay all of the COS Missions in order now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sneak said:

Thanks Bluehawk ! Actually I already found it and was coming back to post that. I was on the wrong side of the map and when I found it, it was kind of like " How did I miss that?" I went by it a few times ! Bienie, thanks for the mission. That was good stuff. Is there a way to get up to where that high archer is over the Market? Messed with that a bit but will try again soon. Am going to replay all of the COS Missions in order now.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

I don't think there is a way to get up where the archer is, at least I hope not, because behind him is a dark, empty abyss :P there is, however, one place where you shouldn't be able to get up, but you can with some acrobatics. I've left a little something up there for those few players who will find it ;)

Have fun with the replay of the whole series, I think you will have fun, seeing as you took the time to explore everything and even found all the secretes! I do tend to add little tidbits that are too secret to be official secrets lol.

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 1

My Fan Missions:

17 hours ago, Bienie said:

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

I don't think there is a way to get up where the archer is, at least I hope not, because behind him is a dark, empty abyss :P there is, however, one place where you shouldn't be able to get up, but you can with some acrobatics. I've left a little something up there for those few players who will find it ;)

Have fun with the replay of the whole series, I think you will have fun, seeing as you took the time to explore everything and even found all the secretes! I do tend to add little tidbits that are too secret to be official secrets lol.

So Bienie,

Let me guess!  The one place you can get too with acrobatics, would there be a

Spoiler

Note and Gas Arrow there? 😎

Spoiler

On 12/5/2021 at 5:24 AM, Sneak said:

So Bienie,

Let me guess!  The one place you can get too with acrobatics, would there be a

Hide contents

Note and Gas Arrow there? 😎

Hide contents

Hehe, that is indeed a hidden little nugget, and surely something not many players will find. Good eyes!

Spoiler

The one I am referring to though is close by, on the roofs above the little gravel alley to the manor garden. It's "breaking the fourth wall" a bit, but I think people who find it will have a chuckle.

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 1

My Fan Missions:

• 2 weeks later...

Somehow this took me three hours. Chased that fucking ring for probably half of it.

Other than that, you know it's a Bienie mission when most of the content requires climbing through apartment windows. A lot to do and find again, just fun stuff. The side content was particularly amusing, namely the

Spoiler

cultists' hideout. I guess Varg wasn't invited to the 90s reunion.

Speaking of which, why did we just leave the girl in the cell?

Also, I'm a little sad that this part of the story was objectified by the Detective challenge. I feel like some of this side stuff is more effective when you just stumble upon it. This one got too verbose, "go to this guy's house, go to the sewer, go to Fenriz' house which is located here, find the secret in this exact spot". I feel like especially when it's optional, it's fine to let the player work for it.

I had a few of what I might consider technical issues. Well not really issues, more like notes.

Spoiler

Some items can be frobbed through the geometry. At least the following:

• Stuff in Abbath's chest
  • The money in the pub cupboard
  • The gas arrow in Williard's windowsill. I was rummaging around his house and picked it through the wall. Some time later I found the note the proper way outside.

Other than that, killing the zombie in the cult hideout fails the no kill objective. Not sure if intentional, I always find it a little odd when spiders and the undead trigger it.

Still, enjoyable as always. Good job again.

• Like 2

On 12/21/2021 at 12:15 AM, roygato said:

Somehow this took me three hours. Chased that fucking ring for probably half of it.

Other than that, you know it's a Bienie mission when most of the content requires climbing through apartment windows. A lot to do and find again, just fun stuff. The side content was particularly amusing, namely the

Hide contents

cultists' hideout. I guess Varg wasn't invited to the 90s reunion.

Speaking of which, why did we just leave the girl in the cell?

Also, I'm a little sad that this part of the story was objectified by the Detective challenge. I feel like some of this side stuff is more effective when you just stumble upon it. This one got too verbose, "go to this guy's house, go to the sewer, go to Fenriz' house which is located here, find the secret in this exact spot". I feel like especially when it's optional, it's fine to let the player work for it.

I had a few of what I might consider technical issues. Well not really issues, more like notes.

Hide contents

Some items can be frobbed through the geometry. At least the following:

• Stuff in Abbath's chest
  • The money in the pub cupboard
  • The gas arrow in Williard's windowsill. I was rummaging around his house and picked it through the wall. Some time later I found the note the proper way outside.

Other than that, killing the zombie in the cult hideout fails the no kill objective. Not sure if intentional, I always find it a little odd when spiders and the undead trigger it.

Still, enjoyable as always. Good job again.

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Sorry the ring eluded you for so long, I didn't provide much in the way of hints for it, but I figured most players would break in to the neighbor's place at some point and find it.

There's definitely a lot of random breaking and entering that pays off in my CoS missions. This one is certainly no exception.

Spoiler

Hah, indeed I think Varg was out burning down a builder outpost that night :D it was hard to choose only 4 black metal icons to put in the map...

I definitely know what you mean about it being better when the player can find it a bit more serendipitously, but as a mapper I have to also consider the time I put into parts of a map that only very few players will ever find. That's why I made it a little more obvious to attract more players attention to it. At the same time I know one of the coolest feelings in a map is stumbling upon something that makes you wonder if anyone else found it before. It's a hard balance.

As for the bugs/notes;

Spoiler

Abbath's chest is a known troublemaker. A lot of players seem to run into the opposite problem, where the contents become unfrobable when the chest is open. It's on my list to change this to a regular footlocker when I update.

Were you able to frob the money through the cashbox lid in the pub, or did you open the cashbox and then frob it through the cabinet door? If so that's not exactly a bug, just a minor oversight.

The frobbing of the gas arrow I was aware of actually through my own testing. I could not for the life of me make it not grabable through the wall. I just gave up and figured nobody will find that bug! I guess you found it though ^^

It didn't even occur to me that the zombie should be exempt from the kill objective. That actually would make sense and I just forgot about him in his cage down there. The problem is that he is on the same team as the cultists so that they don't freak out at eachother.

Edited by Bienie
  • Like 1

My Fan Missions:

On 12/22/2021 at 1:40 AM, Bienie said:

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Sorry the ring eluded you for so long, I didn't provide much in the way of hints for it, but I figured most players would break in to the neighbor's place at some point and find it.

It's just a little unfortunate placement for it. :awesome: If you don't find it right away, you may never go back. I visited the room as soon as the mission started, just didn't open my eyes.

There's definitely a lot of random breaking and entering that pays off in my CoS missions. This one is certainly no exception.

It's like your style at this point. Just revisited CoS 1, did not remember it having that stuff in there too.

Reveal hidden contents

Hah, indeed I think Varg was out burning down a builder outpost that night :D it was hard to choose only 4 black metal icons to put in the map...

I definitely know what you mean about it being better when the player can find it a bit more serendipitously, but as a mapper I have to also consider the time I put into parts of a map that only very few players will ever find. That's why I made it a little more obvious to attract more players attention to it. At the same time I know one of the coolest feelings in a map is stumbling upon something that makes you wonder if anyone else found it before. It's a hard balance.

Totally get it.

As for the bugs/notes;

Reveal hidden contents

Abbath's chest is a known troublemaker. A lot of players seem to run into the opposite problem, where the contents become unfrobable when the chest is open. It's on my list to change this to a regular footlocker when I update.

Were you able to frob the money through the cashbox lid in the pub, or did you open the cashbox and then frob it through the cabinet door? If so that's not exactly a bug, just a minor oversight.

The frobbing of the gas arrow I was aware of actually through my own testing. I could not for the life of me make it not grabable through the wall. I just gave up and figured nobody will find that bug! I guess you found it though ^^

It didn't even occur to me that the zombie should be exempt from the kill objective. That actually would make sense and I just forgot about him in his cage down there. The problem is that he is on the same team as the cultists so that they don't freak out at eachother.

Spoiler

For the pub cabinet/cashbox, I don't remember right now, I'd have to check it again. I could at least frob the cabinet door from the opposite side of the desk, and then frob the cashbox open through the whole thing as well.

I was trying to get the zombie kill one of the cultists for me, no wonder it didn't work. :awesome:

Edited by roygato
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First of all congratulations on the release of your mission. I have to say I enjoyed it as much as your previous ones. Love all the extra challenges, objectives and of course the secrets.

Spoiler

I took on 3 of the 4 challenges (no ghost as I'd already knocked people out), completed the extra objectives and searched for all the secrets.

One kept eluding me but I kept searching and re-searching everywhere as I hadn't found a key for the door in the sewer. Finally found the last one in Bernard Thompkins room. When he talked about a secret stash, I thought it was the loot on the ledge outside his place and I'd found that before going in so didn't do much searching at his place. Oh well, the extra searching also allowed me to find more of the loot. :)

So just a few notes:

-I was surprised to find I couldn't knock anyone out in the manor, even if they didn't see me. But made it work and caught the thief. I got him out of there, took him to the room and threw him down (he landed face up) but the objective didn't check off (didn't notice right away so off I went) When I realized it hadn't checked off, I went back and picked him up and put him down (this time he landed face down) and it checked off. So it made me go hmmm. Tried it a few more times and it would only check off if he landed face down.

-Something killed Lenny. I had knocked him out and when I found him later, he had a blood splatter on his chest and was now a corpse.

-The chest in the cultist room wouldn't let me frob anything inside once opened. I reloaded and tried no clip without highlighting the chest (I couldn't frob if I highlighted the chest first) and I was able to get the items out of the chest that way.

These were all minor frustrations and all in all I enjoyed this mission.

Thank you for all your hard work, look forward to more. :)

Edited by Thiefette
Edited to change cellar to sewer, wrote the wrong word.
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 3:15 AM, Thiefette said:

First of all congratulations on the release of your mission. I have to say I enjoyed it as much as your previous ones. Love all the extra challenges, objectives and of course the secrets.

Hide contents

I took on 3 of the 4 challenges (no ghost as I'd already knocked people out), completed the extra objectives and searched for all the secrets.

One kept eluding me but I kept searching and re-searching everywhere as I hadn't found a key for the door in the cellar. Finally found the last one in Bernard Thompkins room. When he talked about a secret stash, I thought it was the loot on the ledge outside his place and I'd found that before going in so didn't do much searching at his place. Oh well, the extra searching also allowed me to find more of the loot. :)

So just a few notes:

-I was surprised to find I couldn't knock anyone out in the manor, even if they didn't see me. But made it work and caught the thief. I got him out of there, took him to the room and threw him down (he landed face up) but the objective didn't check off (didn't notice right away so off I went) When I realized it hadn't checked off, I went back and picked him up and put him down (this time he landed face down) and it checked off. So it made me go hmmm. Tried it a few more times and it would only check off if he landed face down.

-Something killed Lenny. I had knocked him out and when I found him later, he had a blood splatter on his chest and was now a corpse.

-The chest in the cultist room wouldn't let me frob anything inside once opened. I reloaded and tried no clip without highlighting the chest (I couldn't frob if I highlighted the chest first) and I was able to get the items out of the chest that way.

These were all minor frustrations and all in all I enjoyed this mission.

Thank you for all your hard work, look forward to more. :)

Thanks for the detailed feedback and the thorough play through! Glad you found it on par with the rest of the series and enjoyed your playthrough.

Spoiler

That's super odd with the face up / face down bug. I never tested that, but that's a crazy bug! I think that's an engine issue in that case cause there's nothing in the objective that checks the orientation of the body. Interesting that the guard was found dead after you knocked him out... maybe there was a psycho killer on the loose in your playthrough! I'm aware of the chest problem, many players have run into this even though I've never been able to reproduce it myself. It's on the top of my list of fixes for an update!

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

• 4 weeks later...

Really cool city mission! I always like climbing in and around buildings in the City.

Ran into one killer bug though:

Spoiler

in Burke's mansion, I went into his library on the top floor. While I was poking around he came in, sat down on his armchair and then refused to ever get up again. It's impossible to leave that room with him facing the doorway so after ten minutes of waiting for him to leave on his own I had to noclip out.

There's also this:

Spoiler

cos0_2001monolith.png.3adf4ab3d5448ad58c188d9c28ef073b.png

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, thebigh said:

Really cool city mission! I always like climbing in and around buildings in the City.

Ran into one killer bug though:

Reveal hidden contents

in Burke's mansion, I went into his library on the top floor. While I was poking around he came in, sat down on his armchair and then refused to ever get up again. It's impossible to leave that room with him facing the doorway so after ten minutes of waiting for him to leave on his own I had to noclip out.

There's also this:

Reveal hidden contents

cos0_2001monolith.png.3adf4ab3d5448ad58c188d9c28ef073b.png

Glad you liked the mission!

Some odd bugs you found there. I'm not sure what could be causing those. The black box one I've seen before in other missions, it's probably a conversation trigger. It's not supposed to show up but sometimes it does and it's usually temporary. The stuck nobleman would be a major issue though. If more people run into it I may have to change the lighting so it's possible to sneak out even if he is stuck.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions:

1 hour ago, Bienie said:

The stuck nobleman would be a major issue though. If more people run into it I may have to change the lighting so it's possible to sneak out even if he is stuck.

I think I did run into this once, but couldn't reproduce it later and therefore didn't  post about it during beta.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This was a nice mission. There is a very sharp difference in difficulty between the map in general and the Burke mansion. I don't remember any graphic glitches. The locations are very good.
The wording of the first objective should be more precise. At the start I didn't know if I missed something in the briefing or not. I don't pay much attention to briefings in general, I care more about the options I have in a mission. So I checked the forum and I didn't find any relevant info. It would be better to literally mention to 'find and KO the abductor'.
Lights in closed businesses, sewers, attics, flats, and other places aren't good for immersion. They don't even increase the difficulty.
It seems you are from a country where couriers can leave valuables before doors. I'm from a country where it would lead to catastrophic results, so I can assure you, this cannot be a practice in the world of TDM either if we consider the penniless people all around. ;)  Leaving goods in open stands for nights seems similarly bad idea, but it's for the gameplay, I know.
I think optional challenges are better to start with. Especially the no KO requirement (Ghost?), because the mission is too easy without this. No big deal anyway.

• Like 1

Hello Bienie,

Very nice atmospheric mission, congratulation, only now I had a time to play it :) 

Maybe the following is no longer relevant (I might had the very first publicly released version of this mission and maybe there were updates in between) but for what it´s worth:

- I have read the previous comments and I too could not finish the main objective as I render unconscious The Cleaver, I am too the "blackjack first, ask questions later" + I didn´t even realized it´s the cleaver, I thought it´s a random thug, only few seconds later, when he was out, but since the game didn´t failed, I thought this is an expected outcome and it didn´t bother me until very end. )
I tired also put the Unconscious Thief the face down as one previous player suggested, didn´t work for me.

- I was able to find 7 out of 10 secrets, the rest I had to look up - one I overlooked (I took it before, then I loaded an older save and took a different road and forgot about it) but the other two I would not be able to find out:

Spoiler

The one in the attic, hidden in the book (it did not occurred to me to get into that attic) and there was some other window as well.

- was not able to find the Marshall rat anywhere, where is it? There were several rats across the map, but I haven´t seen a single one with a red scarf around a neck.

- Matilda´s ring: this one bothers me the most - I found the ring, I found the advertisement giving you clear instructions as to where to put it - only to try every damn window (I noclipped even to those above, I was so desperate) on the Fulke Street, not only on the north end, the whole street, but NONE of them activated the objective completion. So I guess it´s a bug.

There was also this bug: 

Spoiler

I was able to frob some of the lootables from under the hidden floor tile in the cultist chief´s apartment without knowing there is some secret stash at all! I thought this is by design, similar to the second secret in the Thief fan´s apartment, with the ring and the couch, so I didn´t found it suspicious.

Only later on I found the readable mentioning the button on the clock and only when I opened it I was abet to loot the key and continue with the story. 

This sounds I am complaining a lot, but I enjoyed your mission very much!

I especially liked the Thief fan homage

Spoiler

(with the books referencing the other missions) + Narnia! :D

Edited by Tarhiel
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Tarhiel said:

Hello Bienie,

Very nice atmospheric mission, congratulation, only now I had a time to play it :) 

Maybe the following is no longer relevant (I might had the very first publicly released version of this mission and maybe there were updates in between) but for what it´s worth:

- I have read the previous comments and I too could not finish the main objective as I render unconscious The Cleaver, I am too the "blackjack first, ask questions later" + I didn´t even realized it´s the cleaver, I thought it´s a random thug, only few seconds later, when he was out, but since the game didn´t failed, I thought this is an expected outcome and it didn´t bother me until very end. )
I tired also put the Unconscious Thief the face down as one previous player suggested, didn´t work for me.

- I was able to find 7 out of 10 secrets, the rest I had to look up - one I overlooked (I took it before, then I loaded an older save and took a different road and forgot about it) but the other two I would not be able to find out:

Reveal hidden contents

The one in the attic, hidden in the book (it did not occurred to me to get into that attic) and there was some other window as well.

- was not able to find the Marshall rat anywhere, where is it? There were several rats across the map, but I haven´t seen a single one with a red scarf around a neck.

- Matilda´s ring: this one bothers me the most - I found the ring, I found the advertisement giving you clear instructions as to where to put it - only to try every damn window (I noclipped even to those above, I was so desperate) on the Fulke Street, not only on the north end, the whole street, but NONE of them activated the objective completion. So I guess it´s a bug.

There was also this bug: 

Hide contents

I was able to frob some of the lootables from under the hidden floor tile in the cultist chief´s apartment without knowing there is some secret stash at all! I thought this is by design, similar to the second secret in the Thief fan´s apartment, with the ring and the couch, so I didn´t found it suspicious.

Only later on I found the readable mentioning the button on the clock and only when I opened it I was abet to loot the key and continue with the story. 

This sounds I am complaining a lot, but I enjoyed your mission very much!

I especially liked the Thief fan homage

Hide contents

(with the books referencing the other missions) + Narnia! :D

Great! I'm glad you enjoyed the mission! It seems there are a few bugs that some players are running into. I should probably fast-track an update for this mission.

• Like 1

My Fan Missions: