Jump to content
The Dark Mod Forums

Watch out for YouTube walkthroughs of Missions with NSFW content


Zerg Rush
 Share

Recommended Posts

As a retiree, I naturally have a lot of time and this is why I like, among others, to see some videos on YouTube. among them a channel of a standup comedian and some music videos.
But it is not little my surprise when I read one of the videos, which is blocked by age restrictions and to see it, I have to prove my age using my ID or credit card.

I understand that some content is not suitable for minors, but these on YouTube are very scarce and apparently they apply here a filter at Flanders level, as is the custom in the US.
Although it is correct that European regulations require age restrictions for certain content, it is not acceptable to have to publish sensitive data on the Internet, which contradicts all common sense of having to do so for the reason of watching a video on YT, at a company that has already been hacked in the past, leaking hundreds of thousands of sensitive user data.,

In any case, I'm not even going to pass on my bank details or my personal details to Google, even for the price that I can't see some videos on YT.

I am not the only one who is offended by Google's new attempt to obtain personal data from users, protests are accumulating on the network by many users and with articles that rightly question these practices.

https://insiderpaper.com/youtube-age-verification-credit-card-id/
https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/jm37a1/youtube_will_start_to_demand_id_credit_cards/
https://tekdeeps.com/you-will-not-watch-youtube-videos-if-you-do-not-show-your-id-card-or-credit-card-neews/
https://www.quora.com/Are-you-finding-it-intrusive-for-YouTube-to-now-ask-you-to-verify-your-age-by-credit-card-or-ID
https://linustechtips.com/topic/1349521-youtube-now-requires-eu-eea-uk-swiss-viewers-to-physically-verify-age-before-they-can-watch-age-restricted-videos/
etc.

Meanwhile childrens using the ID card of their parents and some authors of YTvideos are virtually death, nobody see their vids.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if this is even allowed with the privacy laws in the EU. I know Google is an American company but if they want to operate in the EU they also have to comply with the laws there. I haven't lived in the EU for quite some time now, so I'm not really up to date about what is and isn't allowed, but as far as I know a company can only ask for an ID in very special cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Carnage said:

I wonder if this is even allowed with the privacy laws in the EU. I know Google is an American company but if they want to operate in the EU they also have to comply with the laws there. I haven't lived in the EU for quite some time now, so I'm not really up to date about what is and isn't allowed, but as far as I know a company can only ask for an ID in very special cases.

It's only one more trick to spy the user, because the EU say nothing to the system of confirm the identity with ID or Credit card, which is illegal, because it violate the right of privacy in the European Norm.

Apart it's absurd, if there is a vid with NSFW content, it's enough to blur some sontent, but not to block the vid por complete. This is also very bad for some authors and artists.

I have an Google account since the beginning of the 2000 in GMail in which I have put muy Birthdate and I don't have to prove my age this way also in YT, less with private documents. I tried other methods with userscripts to bypass the age restriction, using frontends, like NSFWYouTube, Freetube, Jewtube, Cloudtube, Proxies, VPN and others, nothing of this works

I think my account with Google is going to be terminated, before it completely ends the freedom in the network, making it their property for their personal needs. Enough already.

  • Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know that you can view age-restricted videos with an incomplete YouTube account, i.e. use YouTube while logged into a Google (Gmail) account but do not take any of the steps that would force you to create a full YouTube account (you can like/dislike videos and subscribe to channels, but you cannot make comments). Fake birthday and other details attached to the Google account or whatever is fine.

I've also made a Google/YouTube account for commenting that never required any personal information, and can be used while using a VPN. There are some scary prompts that prod you to add a phone number, but they can be skipped. I think the account needs to be automatically flagged as suspicious somehow before it will lock you out forever for not providing a phone number, and I have had good luck with that so far.

Previously you could use sites like ListenOnRepeat to bypass YouTube age restrictions, but that stopped working a while ago.

Edited by jaxa
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recently "discovered" that streaming YouTube URL's is more reasonable than having that YT tab hang around all the time. Better for RAM usage at least.

I use Media Player Classic Black Edition. Although there is a workaround for the plain version as well. But the Black Edition has all the filters built in to make it work without any additional tweaking.

Far too often binge watching becomes procrastination and this loop never stops during work.

Edited by Anderson
  • Like 2

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Certainly there are tricks to bypass these locks, but as a general rule these tricks stop working every time YT has an update, there even suddenly disappear web services related to YT sometimes suddenly.
Yt is more and more restrictive with the videos, more and more there are videos that cannot be inserted (the forum is full of examples in the music thread).
For this reason, I don't even try, simply leaving a link, most of the time that of a front-end, such as CloudTube or Jewtube.
But even in this way many videos do not work in these, forcing to see the video in YT itself, yes or yes.

 

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to turn off

googleads.g.doubleclick.net

and

static.doubleclick.net

from YouTube tracking me? I turned off personalized ads. Are these domains because of the setting where YouTube saves my watch and location history?

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Anderson, yes, there are a extensions which can help

WhatCampaign
swap out Google Analytics parameters with invalid data

https://git.hackers.town/ONI/WhatCampaign

Google hate it and removed it from the store, you have to install manually if you use a Chromium Browser

Apart of this, I use

uBlock Origin (essential and best adblocker)

Trace (anti fingerprints, header spoofer and more)

LocalCDN (it emulates Content Delivery Networks to improve your online privacy. It intercepts traffic, finds supported resources locally, and injects them into the environment. 

I Don't Care About Cookies (Blocks the annoying cookie advice pop-ups)

Site Bleacher (Remove automatically cookies, local storages, IndexedDBs, service workers, cache storages, filesystems and webSQLs, except from the whitlisted sites)

These you'll find in the stores

All of them lightwight and FOSS

 

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

@Anderson, yes, there are a extensions which can help

WhatCampaign
swap out Google Analytics parameters with invalid data

https://git.hackers.town/ONI/WhatCampaign

Google hate it and removed it from the store, you have to install manually if you use a Chromium Browser

Apart of this, I use

uBlock Origin (essential and best adblocker)

Trace (anti fingerprints, header spoofer and more)

LocalCDN (it emulates Content Delivery Networks to improve your online privacy. It intercepts traffic, finds supported resources locally, and injects them into the environment. 

I Don't Care About Cookies (Blocks the annoying cookie advice pop-ups)

Site Bleacher (Remove automatically cookies, local storages, IndexedDBs, service workers, cache storages, filesystems and webSQLs, except from the whitlisted sites)

These you'll find in the stores

All of them lightwight and FOSS

 

I use the Privacy Badger. It's also very lightweight.

I thought that the Google Analytics site has some tweaks but it looks like that's only for website creators.

Oh well.

Thanks anyways.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Anderson said:

I use the Privacy Badger. It's also very lightweight.

I thought that the Google Analytics site has some tweaks but it looks like that's only for website creators.

Oh well.

Thanks anyways.

Yes, Privacy Badger is also a valid option, but Trace is more complete. Even better is CyDec, but it's proprietary soft.

tkDhuqF.png

The extension is free, there are also a complement for Windows, free but only basic functions. 

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

Yes, Privacy Badger is also a valid option, but Trace is more complete. Even better is CyDec, but it's proprietary soft.

tkDhuqF.png

The extension is free, there are also a complement for Windows, free but only basic functions. 

I try to focus on open source because it's more transparent and verifiable. Are these apps open source?

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

I try to focus on open source because it's more transparent and verifiable. Are these apps open source?

Except CyDec, all others mentioned are OpenSource, Trace is freemium OpenSource, have also a Premium version (one pay of 3,29 Pounds), but it give you only some few settings and filters more, not so important at all, it's only to create some incomes for the author. 

More transparent and verificable anyway is relative, mybe it is correct in small apps if you are a developer, but in greater soft with half a millon lines of code and with references to some extern sources, it's not much more transparent or verificable.  Worse if it's an app disatended  and outdated, because also hackers can access the source and inject all kind of malware, much easier than in closed source, because he don't need to disassamble it before to see a security hole.

FOSS has a lot of advantages compared to proprietary soft, but it is wrong to think that FOSS=security and privacy, this points depends only to the developer itself and his proposits, it's irrelevant if he make FOSS or not.

F.Exmpl.  MPlayerX or DupeGuro, both are FOSS (Links point to VirusTotal result)

Remember, all APIs to fill your browser and HD with trackers and other crap, from Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and others monoplys are FOSS, also Firefox f.Exmpl. include APIs from Alphabet and Nest (advertising companies from Google) which track your activity, because Mozilla, like other US companies gain their incoming, selling the user data. Surveillance advertising is very common used by a lot of softproviders, also in FOSS. Apart from violating the privacy, it's a big security hole.

  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

Except CyDec, all others mentioned are OpenSource, Trace is freemium OpenSource, have also a Premium version (one pay of 3,29 Pounds), but it give you only some few settings and filters more, not so important at all, it's only to create some incomes for the author. 

More transparent and verificable anyway is relative, mybe it is correct in small apps if you are a developer, but in greater soft with half a millon lines of code and with references to some extern sources, it's not much more transparent or verificable.  Worse if it's an app disatended  and outdated, because also hackers can access the source and inject all kind of malware, much easier than in closed source, because he don't need to disassamble it before to see a security hole.

FOSS has a lot of advantages compared to proprietary soft, but it is wrong to think that FOSS=security and privacy, this points depends only to the developer itself and his proposits, it's irrelevant if he make FOSS or not.

F.Exmpl.  MPlayerX or DupeGuro, both are FOSS (Links point to VirusTotal result)

Remember, all APIs to fill your browser and HD with trackers and other crap, from Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon and others monoplys are FOSS, also Firefox f.Exmpl. include APIs from Alphabet and Nest (advertising companies from Google) which track your activity, because Mozilla, like other US companies gain their incoming, selling the user data. Surveillance advertising is very common used by a lot of softproviders, also in FOSS. Apart from violating the privacy, it's a big security hole.

Ofc it all depends on a case by case basis.

Just saying that overall it's a good sign if software is FOSS. Usually you rely on who the developer or the company who gives grants. For me the Electronic Frontier Foundation is quite authoritative and credible so that's why I use the Privacy Badger for now. I don't know if I want many extensions to block things on the net all at once, all the time. Just using the ones that work, if I change my mind I use others. Doesn't hurt to try to new things sometimes.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Ofc it all depends on a case by case basis.

Just saying that overall it's a good sign if software is FOSS. Usually you rely on who the developer or the company who gives grants. For me the Electronic Frontier Foundation is quite authoritative and credible so that's why I use the Privacy Badger for now. I don't know if I want many extensions to block things on the net all at once, all the time. Just using the ones that work, if I change my mind I use others. Doesn't hurt to try to new things sometimes.

Yes, it's depend everytime only on the trust we have to the developer, this is valid for every soft, FOSS or not.

I have this criteria to select a Software

1 It passed the Blacklight and VT analyse

2 It's not from big companies (First Google, Facebook, Amazon)

3 It's not a trial or shareware

4 Have a userfriendly TOS and PP.

5 It's FOSS, optional after this.

F.Exmpl, I use the online SSuite, it's Freeware and proprietary, it's excellent and with the best TOS/PP I've ever seen.

The developers are two brothers, which create this in their sparetime and own money, they gain money with a workshop of electrical installations, not with software, which is just a hobby. Apart a nice, friendly and fast user support (via mail).

Most I use of the Suite is the Blue Velvet Editor, it's a complete online Word Processor. The special of this, it saves the files locally in Html by default, you can also select and paste a complete website in it, which apears in it in the original UI. Great for creating websites, if you have a host. Works also in Mobile.

ENe8bIc.png

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recent Status Updates

    • nbohr1more

      Sorry for the delay. The 2.09b Hotfix is now up at Moddb  https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/downloads/the-dark-mod-209-full
      · 0 replies
    • STiFU

      I started skateboarding again after a 20 year hiatus. Whish me luck I don't break anything. 😄
      · 6 replies
    • freyk

      Some years earlier i created some launchers for TDM. uploaded today some new sourcecode and executables on my github repo.
       
      · 0 replies
    • Epifire

      Say, I know it's been a while since the site got overhauled from the crash. But did we ever figure out if/how to get the recent topics & replies list back? It's not a total deal breaker but it was nice for becoming a thread creeper again...


      · 6 replies
    • Epifire

      Some of you who've been on the TDM discord know I was out of work last Winter, just putting in hrs for the developer portfolio. Currently I've been working a seasonal job to pay the bills and now I'm finally in my last week before I get bumped off. Things will be tight but I'm planning a long off period to make as much content as I can. Big plans in Unreal Engine as well as my most ambitious TDM collab yet! Never been so excited to be a stuck at home to pursue my life's work. With a lotta time and maybe some luck, I'm hoping to get enough art work done that I may start applying around to studios.
      · 4 replies
×
×
  • Create New...