The Dark Mod Forums

conanfile.py: no longer available: zlib/1.2.11

Alberto Salvia Novella

Nope:

$conan install . --build --options platform_name=linux

zlib/1.2.11: WARN: minizip option is deprecated. Please use the new minizip/1.2.11 package

WARN: libcurl/7.61.1@thedarkmod/local: requirement zlib/1.2.11@conan/stable overridden by your conanfile to zlib/1.2.11

ERROR: Failed requirement 'mbedtls/2.13.0@bincrafters/stable' from 'libcurl/7.61.1@thedarkmod/local'

ERROR: Unable to find 'mbedtls/2.13.0@bincrafters/stable' in remotes

image.png.81e97d4abd16df5c709543c47c0a1201.png

11 minutes ago, Alberto Salvia Novella said:

Nope:

$conan install . --build --options platform_name=linux

zlib/1.2.11: WARN: minizip option is deprecated. Please use the new minizip/1.2.11 package

WARN: libcurl/7.61.1@thedarkmod/local: requirement zlib/1.2.11@conan/stable overridden by your conanfile to zlib/1.2.11

ERROR: Failed requirement 'mbedtls/2.13.0@bincrafters/stable' from 'libcurl/7.61.1@thedarkmod/local'

ERROR: Unable to find 'mbedtls/2.13.0@bincrafters/stable' in remotes

Why no?
It looks like it helped, but other packages are missing too.

Do you have bincrafters remote?
image.png.81e97d4abd16df5c709543c47c0a1201.png
As far as I remember, it is not enabled by default on fresh installation, you need to add it manually.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I should have seen it:

But fixing that:

And fixing that:

Failed requirement 'zlib/1.2.11@conan/stable' from 'libcurl/7.61.1@thedarkmod/local'

It seems there are more than a few things broken at conanfile.py. Please let me know when the published file works again, at least for you.

• Like 1

I went one step further and all my package definitions, dependencies and such, are generated procedurally at any given point in time.

I only change a package recipe when it fails to retrieve the new data.

For example:

https://gitlab.com/es20490446e/express-repository/-/blob/master/recipes/ttf-twemoji/PKGBUILD

What I mean is I try to avoid the packaging maintenance as much as possible.

For that I automate the generation of recipes, and favor using the code from upstream.

If I really need a customization I try to suggest it upstream, or I automatically append it to the original recipe.

But I avoid trying to keep local recipes per se, because that would be a recurrent effort to maintain.

2 hours ago, Alberto Salvia Novella said:

What I mean is I try to avoid the packaging maintenance as much as possible.
For that I automate the generation of recipes, and favor using the code from upstream.
If I really need a customization I try to suggest it upstream, or I automatically append it to the original recipe.
But I avoid trying to keep local recipes per se, because that would be a recurrent effort to maintain.

That would be a good approach if package manager does not alter existing packages.
But as we just found out, it does.

That's what throws me to the opposite approach: fork packages and use local copies.
Local copies don't change by themselves 😥

Try again on the latest trunk.

I changed a few bits, but it still does not build on my Windows machine.
Stuck on msys package not building 😥

You need to enable revisions:

conan config set general.revisions_enabled=True

and to add proper bincrafters in case you did not yet:

conan add remote bincrafters https://bincrafters.jfrog.io/artifactory/api/conan/public-conan

58 minutes ago, Alberto Salvia Novella said:

Not working:

ERROR: Permission denied for user: 'None'. [Remote: bincrafters]

I had this error too, but don't remember exactly how I fixed it.

Most likely you have old address of bincrafters in your workspace, which stopped working.
You should do something like:

conan remote remove bincrafters
conan remote add bincrafters https://bincrafters.jfrog.io/artifactory/api/conan/public-conan

It cannot be that, because the Conan workspace is a temporal blank dir:

```

configureConan () {
    export CONAN_USER_HOME="${buildLibs}..."
    so conan config set general.revisions_enabled=True
    so conan remote add bincrafters https://api.bintray.com/conan/bincrafters/public-conan
}

```

7 minutes ago, Alberto Salvia Novella said:

I see, we are using different bincrafters URLs for some reason. Lets try...

Yes, the one you used (and I used) is the old one.
It is mentioned in official conan docs (for old versions).
The docs for new versions don't mention anything it seems 😥
I found some blog article from bincrafters which contains the new address.

Conan made a major change in infrastructure, so both the official repo and bincrafters moved.