The Dark Mod Forums

TDM_Installer does not allow to download the version of the game

Gadavre

An error has occurred in this program.   I tried to download the stable version 2.07, but I couldn't (screenshot below).   Аnd I'm now  sure that if players download the latest version 2.09b, it may be missing some files due to a bug. Can the developers check this program and fix it?

It would be very convenient, if all versions were uploaded to some cloud  and players could download any version without this  program.

error.jpg

Edited by Gadavre
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gadavre said:

An error has occurred in this program.   I tried to download the stable version 2.07, but I couldn't (screenshot below).   Аnd I'm now  sure that if players download the latest version 2.09b, it may be missing some files due to a bug. Can the developers check this program and fix it?

I can reproduce this issue when updating from 2.09b to 2.07.
It look very worrisome to me. I'll investigate.

It would be very convenient, if all versions were uploaded to some cloud  and players could download any version without this  program.

There are a lot of simpler distribution approaches as long as players don't want differential updates.

and another suggestion... specify a checksum (md5) for each version of the game. So players can see if they've downloaded all the game files...

The installer does that internally.
Also, checksum works perfectly for single file, but for many files it would be a headache.

3 minutes ago, stgatilov said:

I can reproduce this issue when updating from 2.09b to 2.07.
It look very worrisome to me. I'll investigate.

I didn't update the game, I downloaded the full version. In the program, I choosed "Get custom version"

mirror: аuto

Edited by Gadavre

3 hours ago, Gadavre said:

I didn't update the game, I downloaded the full version. In the program, I choosed "Get custom version"

Yes, I guess it can be reproduce in several ways.

I have fixed the bug and pushed update to the server.
Could you please try again and report if the problem still happens?

I booted up local mirror and did something like 15 random hops between TDM versions, no fails.

5 hours ago, freyk said:

As an alternative solution, you can download the full 2.07 package from moddb.

Thank you. However, the Source Revision there is old. Latest Source Revision 8079

You can view the Source Revision in the console by entering the command si_version

Edited by Gadavre