The Dark Mod Forums

Trying to install TDM on Mac Monterey OS

jterk

I am struggling to figure out how to install TDM on my Mac running Monterey. PlayOnMac will not successfully install as I get a permission to access error message when I try to move it to my Applications folder so I suspect there is a compatibility issue. I have also carefully tried to follow the other installation options on the DarkMod Wiki but cannot figure out the "winery" option. Would appreciate help!

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 1.20.42 PM.png

Thanks for reading and following the mac os part of the wiki article.

Please give the system the permission to run playonmac installer package, at your security & privacy panel (see this video and  that video for some pointers)

After that, and if you have installed playonmac, please follow Play on mac - method 1 (and instead of TDM installer on play on mac, use freyks unofficial TDM installer on playonmac. this to avoid some beginner installation problems)

Note: it is possible that wine of playonmac cannot run on systems using m1 chips 

I know that some parts need to be updated. so it would be nice that somebodyelse tinker with  given (and new) sollutions and update this part of the wiki article.

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

Regrettably, I am still unable to install PlayOnMac even after going through the steps in the videos (including installing Homebrew and attempting to install via Homebrew in the terminal application. I appear to be at an unmovable barrier...

It is also possible that jterk uses a m1,
I have no experience with Windows 10 ARM on a m1, using bootcamp.
(and i think dat TDM x64 doesnt run under ARM, maybe a old version of TDM x86)
And TDM doesnt run smooth in a windows VM.

but first his system needs the permission to run that package, because his system said so.
check first your security preferences for the playonmac installer package.
(try accepting that package in security & privacy, use that "spctl --master-disable" command,
official apple-support article, several sollutions list,etc, etc.)

For tinkering:

• If you have a system with a m1 chip, people say you can codeweavers crossover 21. But i havenot tested it.
  • You said you have homebrew installed. How about using that to install Codeweaver Crossover Wine from gcenx?
    brew tap gcenx/wine && brew install wine-crossover 
    (research>but montery needs crossover 21, that not in that repo)
  • And how about TDM as a non-steam game on steam proton?
    (research> not for mac?)
  • Using porting kit
    (research>there is no script for TDM. is a one-man-show)
  • etc.

Please let us know.

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

Can help this?

https://gamelaunchercreator.com/news/linux-macos-game-launcher/

Anyway, MacOS is a valid OS, but not so for gaming fans, also because of the restrictive policy of Apple which is a nightmare for developers.

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Thanks, but that is just a paid wine-container, as an alternative for the free wine-container winery sollution, that jterk mentioned earlier.

But it would be nice if someone update/create a free TDM wine-container for mac os.

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!

Nice to heat that. 😀
But to me it is avoiding the problem.

If people want to help the TDM community to find sollutions to get mac os users to play TDM,
please see the wiki for installation instructions (mentioned above) and create other solutions.
If you don't have a mac, there are several ways to run it on your system.
For starters, Search for "mac os on virtualbox/vmware player" (instruction)

Edited by freyk

Amnesty for Bikerdude!