The Dark Mod Forums

Disable Controller Support

SirGen

I've been using JoytoKey and an old Dualshock 2 controller to play TDM. The last update added controller support, which is a good thing for TDM, but not so much for me.

Now my right stick drifts, and my controller inputs aren't being recognized when I try to customize my controls.

Is there a way that I can just disable controller support, so I can go back to using my old controls?

Edited by SirGen
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I figured out how to disable controller support, and a new controller fixed the drifting problem.

I used to move the right stick (technically the mouse, because I use JoytoKey) forward to thrust and back for a downward attack, and move the right stick (mouse) forward to block downward attacks and backwards to block thrusts. This feels more intuitive to me. 

Can anyone tell me what files and lines to edit, to swap how to perform the vertical attacks and blocks please?

Thanks!

Edited by SirGen

Thanks for the reply.

I use JoytoKey, so I actually need to edit mouse settings.

I used to move the right stick (technically the mouse, because I use JoytoKey) forward to thrust and back for a downward attack, and move the right stick (mouse) forward to block downward attacks and backwards to block thrusts.

It seems that an update has changed my ability to do that. I can invert attacks and blocks altogether in the settings, but I don't want to change how horizontal attacking and blocking function.

Is there a way for me to invert only vertical attacks and blocks and leave the horizontal ones alone?

Edit: I didn't realize that even though I deleted all gamepad bindings in the DarkmodPadbinds.cfg, my controller is still using gamepad inputs for the joysticks, instead of mouse inputs from JoytoKey. I also didn't realize that while vertical attacks and blocks are inverted for the gamepad, they aren't for mouse.

In short; I need to disable gamepad support altogether so that attacks and blocks function the same on my gamepad's right stick as they do on mouse.

Edited by SirGen

• 2 months later...

SOLVED

Thanks for posting the Gamepad support. It was more helpful than I initially realized.

I finally realized I could disable the the joystick inputs by setting the in_PadDeadZone to what I assume is a high threshold at 50. This, combined with deleting all the bindPadButtons in the DarkmodPadbinds.cfg, allowed me to resume using my old play methods.

Thanks again!

Edited by SirGen