The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission : Hazard Pay by Kingsal 01/27/22

kingsal

Congrats on the release! This mission is so much fun!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the release! Downloading now. 🙂

edit: oh, hang on. The pk4 link seems not to be correct

Edited by thebigh
  • Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Thank you and congratulations on the release!

I have infiltrated the first part of that railway thingy (maybe 15 minutes in) and will proceed this nite.

I am a fan of that menacing vibe, plus you've packed some great ideas in again - the saving system on the harder difficulty levels reminds me of games like RE IV and it adds more tension to the game.

Great work and  I am curious what else will happen in this mission!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STRUNK said:
  Hide contents

I only missed a model. A black cube was connected to the gramaphone player.
And I had 2 rats sticking in the wall, but that has been normal rat behaviour as long as I can remember : D

Hey Strunk, do you have a screenshot of where you saw this?

Okay, I've hotfixed the issue. If you've already started a game and are still early on I would recommend redownloading and restarting :( Its a finnicky bug that might not happen to everyone but if it does it sucks.

Thanks for your patience everyone, gonna be a little rocky with the BETA!

48 minutes ago, kingsal said:

Okay, I've hotfixed the issue. If you've already started a game and are still early on I would recommend redownloading and restarting :( Its a finnicky bug that might not happen to everyone but if it does it sucks.

Thanks for your patience everyone, gonna be a little rocky with the BETA!

I  made it into

Spoiler

the save area with the guy that wants you to bring him loot.

Shall I download the update and start again?

4 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

Shall I download the update and start again?

If its not a huge burden I would recommend it. Apologies! :(

Spoiler

Essentially, the security cameras are misbehaving. If you continue further into the level they will alarm when they see zombies and that sends everything into a pretty big mess.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

Fantastic work.

Thanks! If your PC can run it I would recommend trying the shadow maps rendering, you'll see all the new volumetric fog stuff!

Spoiler

For me the security camara's worked as they should. I got the update from the installer plus I compiled the source code a few days ago.
Btw, I could headshot (with broadheads) the "undead"(didn't try the ones in the silo) but I guess that's delibarate (in easy mode).

Edited by STRUNK

29 minutes ago, kingsal said:

Thanks! If your PC can run it I would recommend trying the shadow maps rendering, you'll see all the new volumetric fog stuff!

Will do, forgot to switch it on (I thought I already had switched it on).

Regarding the bug you mentioned, you are right:

Spoiler

In my run  with the previous version I had almost all zombies (those outside the building and those inside the caves) standing in front of the respective cameras. Inside the building there had been at least 10 - 15 (!) of them circling around one camera. I thought this was a special challenge for the player to find some sort of explosive to blow them all away! :)

This, of course, broke all patrols. The AI behaviour in version 2 is correct; the zombies patrol along the designated path nodes.

I am now inside the pyramides (or whatever that is) and saved for the very first time inside the storage room.

I hope I can find all the loot I found in my previous run until this particular point in the mission.

This mission reminds me on two games:

Spoiler

1. The Dark Project mission "Horn of Quintus"

2. Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation

This mission also includes very cool models. I probably will get back to you someday and will ask whether I can use some of them in one of my next mission! :)

A somewhat atypical little mission, but entertaining with some interesting and new models. But the end is perhaps unresolved, when entering the road to Northdale at a point on the tracks the screen went dark, but I could continue walking with the black screen and it took a long time until the mission finally finished.
Other than this I have enjoyed it.

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉