The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission : Hazard Pay by Kingsal 01/27/22

kingsal

1 hour ago, JackFarmer said:

Yes, you are right. Should there be a rope?

This will change depending on the difficulty!
EDIT: Oh and btw, I will likely add the zombie models and others stuff to 2.11 if they test well.

5 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

A somewhat atypical little mission, but entertaining with some interesting and new models. But the end is perhaps unresolved, when entering the road to Northdale at a point on the tracks the screen went dark, but I could continue walking with the black screen and it took a long time until the mission finally finished.
Other than this I have enjoyed it.

Awesome! thanks for playing. I've encountered this bug before. Will investigate whats going on. It should complete soon after the fade to black. What difficulty where you playing?

1 hour ago, kingsal said:

Awesome! thanks for playing. I've encountered this bug before. Will investigate whats going on. It should complete soon after the fade to black. What difficulty where you playing?

I recall the same thing happening in Accountant 2. You could ask @Goldwellhow he ended up fixing it.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

3 hours ago, thebigh said:

I recall the same thing happening in Accountant 2. You could ask @Goldwellhow he ended up fixing it.

I changed it so that only one objective was mandatory. And then during the ending scene that one objective gets completed which allows the mission to end.

• Like 1

1. Conversation subtitles: at some points two phrases overlap and jump over
  2. Depth fighting

image.png

3. This GUI could use some margin on the right

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

How do I progress after I'm tasked to get the railway codes? I found a grate door but no idea how to open it without cheating

Great mission! This really sets the standard for creepy zombie missions.

It reminded me of a cross between Craggscleft from T1 and Kidnap from T2 in some ways. Nice work.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

14 hours ago, kingsal said:

This will change depending on the difficulty!
EDIT: Oh and btw, I will likely add the zombie models and others stuff to 2.11 if they test well.

For the first walkthrough I shall use the easy mode. Respect to the bug (?), leaving the building, where is the sword, going to the right in direction Northdale, after the poit with the flag, the screen turns black, but you can continue walking, but when you go back, the game finish. maybe can serve for those who give up to search the code to finish the mission (?).

But generally a nice work, different from all other missions with curios AI and tools. I enjoyed it, less the zombies with toxic blisters, nearly kill me, killing them with the sword.

• Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

@duzenko

Spoiler

Did you pick up the key he gives you? There is a sign in the back of his area that will lead you right back to the elevator. You can use that key on the elevator to get down to the quarry.

@thebigh Thank you!

@Zerg Rush

Spoiler

The sword is right outside the first building you leave to enter the desert area. Did you walk at the end of the mission? Maybe you jumped the electrified platform and got somewhere you shouldn't be by accident. You should be on the railcart at the end 😝

• Like 3

What an incredible mission! The design of this thing is so clean and the package so complete I have no idea how it was pulled off, especially within the contest.

Incredible setting and atmosphere with some truly awe inspiring scenes. I should be finishing my mission right now, but how the hell can I with content as good as we are getting from this contest!

2.10 looks like it's going to have a hell of a head start. 

• Like 1

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

Since I can't turn my beta tester mode off just by flicking a switch, here's a few little things I saw in case you update the mission:

tiny bugs

• Like 1

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

I am having an issue (probably a  bug) at the

Spoiler

lower part of the tomb. When I try to move to the lower levels I suddenly float higher above the ground, locked in the horizontal plane of movement and can not jump or crouch.

edit: Redownloaded mission (kept saves) and restarted same issue. Version is 2.10-5

Edited by kin

4 hours ago, kin said:

I am having an issue (probably a  bug) at the

Hide contents

lower part of the tomb. When I try to move to the lower levels I suddenly float higher above the ground, locked in the horizontal plane of movement and can not jump or crouch.

edit: Redownloaded mission (kept saves) and restarted same issue. Version is 2.10-5

Can you post a screenshot of where you are inside a spoiler? Thanks

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kingsal said:

Can you post a screenshot of where you are inside a spoiler? Thanks

I restarted the mission and worked fine till the end. I finished it by quicksaving on the same file so I have to replay to get at the specific spot for a screenshot.

Spoiler

The place I had the issue was exactly at the spot where you drop in the morgue from a wall opening on some crates. Hope this is helpful.

Mission is one of the best I have seen in years. It is unbelievable what level of skill you designers have aquired over the years. Bravo!

34 minutes ago, kin said:

Mission is one of the best I have seen in years. It is unbelievable what level of skill you designers have aquired over the years. Bravo!

Thanks for playing!
Is this the area you went through by any chance? If so thats definitely a bug :)

1 minute ago, Filizitas said:

I made a playthrough on youtube for this and i hid it inside this spoiler. Very very fun! Your best work so far!

Hey thanks! Glad you liked it!

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone for playing and being patient while I fix some bugs :)
I've updated this mission to 1.2. You can check out the changelist in the readme, but these are mostly minor fixes.

(Old saves will not work, unfortunately)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingsal said:

@kin Very odd, that might be a mod bug. Would you mind PM me your saved games so I can try to figure out whats happening here?

Sure, but I have to note that after downloading the fixed version everything seems to work fine. In the save game folder there is a file named "EDIT" and it's purpose was to save there after downloading the fixed version so the other "faulty" saves won't mess with it.

edit: It seems save files are too large to send via PM, any other method?

edit2: Ok send via google drive

Edited by kin
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, I noticed the poll on this thread was flipped form the others (1-5 stars instead 5-1) If you voted already would you kindly recast your vote? I apologize, but this felt confusing to a few people I asked. Thank you 🙏

• Like 1