The Dark Mod Forums

Written in Stone [2022/01/28]

Amadeus

Story Quality and Theme (Stars)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Story Quality and Theme (Stars)

2. 2. Gameplay Quality (Stars)

3. 3. Visual Quality (Stars)

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mission is up at Moddb:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/addons/written-in-stone-210-beta-required

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Congratulations on the release! I had a lot of fun playing this mission!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@madtaffer

Spoiler

You can find a clue in the archmage's quarters on how to handle the crystals on pedestals.

Spoiler

The tree uses the same texture as the crystals - it is indeed intentional.

By the way, please use spoilers for that part of the mission at least for now.

Wow, this is a lot more ambitious than a little contest mission.

Congratulations on releasing a new classic. It looks & plays great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What do you see when you turn out the light? I can't tell you but I know that it's mine.

I can't start the mission, it gives me an error ☹️

mkg1iOh.png

I'll try to download it again from moddb instead of google and run TDMinstall again and see if this fixes it.

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

4 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

I can't start the mission, it gives me an error ☹️

mkg1iOh.png

I'll try to download it again from moddb instead of google and run TDMinstall again and see if this fixes it.

You have TDM 2.10 Beta v5 installed ?

Amazing work!

Spoiler

I was wandering around for hours, visiting places I had been yet, to look for things I previously did not get.
I decided to read a book, I already had, and that looked to be the key to see the things I already could see, but didn't see yet.

So I don't always read all the readables and and just now I found new ways, after playing on and off all day. This migt be the one of the most awsome missions I played : O

Edited by STRUNK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

Yeah you need to be on the latest 2.10 beta zerg

I am on the last 2.10beta, but it don't work. Maybe the download from GDrive is corrupt., I'll see.

Edit: No way, Used TDM Update to the last 2.10 dev, download the written.pk4 this time from OneDrive. Same script error, don't work for me 🤔

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

1 hour ago, Zerg Rush said:

I am on the last 2.10beta, but it don't work. Maybe the download from GDrive is corrupt., I'll see.

Edit: No way, Used TDM Update to the last 2.10 dev, download the written.pk4 this time from OneDrive. Same script error, don't work for me 🤔

The dev builds are older than the beta builds - you need to download the latest build from the "beta" category in the installer. The script error happens if the TDM .exe doesn't contain certain script events ( so, outdated ).

• Like 1

Seems I am out of emoji likes to use for the day :D But thank you all for the kind words everyone. I'm glad you guys seem to be enjoying it, despite the few technicalities involved in installing it

• Like 3

I'm unable to play this mission.

After the briefing video and being given the choice of Easy, Medium, or Hard difficulty, it briefly says "Generating World" and then immediately returns to the main menu (Start this mission, ... Quit)

From darkmod.log:

[/game/darkmodglobals.cpp ( 372):INI (INIT) FR:    0] The Dark Mod 2.10/64, code revision 9815 (1435:9815)

(then several entries, ending in:)

[/game/darkmodglobals.cpp ( 428):FRC (FORCE) FR:    0] LogClass_STATE: 0

Has anyone seen this error before?  If not, what should I do to get you more info?

I played the other two Contest missions (Down and Out on Newford Road and Hazard Pay) without any difficulty.  (I was spastic trying to install the beta (I tried to load the latest /dev build at first, which didn't work) and because it wouldn't go to other versions from there, I had to delete all of DarkMod, reinstall to 2.09b, and then installed Beta 2.10 V5; after that, I played the other two contest missions without difficulty.)

- prjames

Edited by prjames

14 minutes ago, prjames said:

I'm unable to play this mission.

After the briefing video and being given the choice of Easy, Medium, or Hard difficulty, it briefly says "Generating World" and then immediately returns to the main menu (Start this mission, ... Quit)

From darkmod.log:

[/game/darkmodglobals.cpp ( 372):INI (INIT) FR:    0] The Dark Mod 2.10/64, code revision 9815 (1435:9815)

(then several entries, ending in:)

[/game/darkmodglobals.cpp ( 428):FRC (FORCE) FR:    0] LogClass_STATE: 0

Has anyone seen this error before?  If not, what should I do to get you more info?

I played the other two Contest missions (Down and Out on Newford Road and Hazard Pay) without any difficulty.  (I was spastic trying to install the beta (I tried to load the latest /dev build at first, which didn't work) and because it wouldn't go to other versions from there, I had to delete all of DarkMod, reinstall to 2.09b, and then installed Beta 2.10 V5; after that, I played the other two contest missions without difficulty.)

- prjames

If the other two missions play, I would try downloading this mission again. Also, make sure that you do not have any modification packages installed ( stealth add-on, flame glare mod, fresnel mod, etc ).

17 minutes ago, nbohr1more said:

If the other two missions play, I would try downloading this mission again. Also, make sure that you do not have any modification packages installed ( stealth add-on, flame glare mod, fresnel mod, etc ).

Re-downloading the mission worked.  Thanks, nbohr1more!

- prjames

• Like 1