The Dark Mod Forums

Written in Stone [2022/01/28]

Amadeus

Story Quality and Theme (Stars)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Story Quality and Theme (Stars)

2. 2. Gameplay Quality (Stars)

3. 3. Visual Quality (Stars)

I like this mission :) It's taken many tries, but with the new pc it plays smooth now. But now I'm stuck close to the end of phase 1 (I know there's more with this size) :) 

Can someone lead me to the library? It's not on the map...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acolytesix said:

Can someone lead me to the library? It's not on the map...

Spoiler

So, the hint is in the journal you find in the mages tower, and you need to use the xray specs to get there. If you need a further hint: 

Spoiler

the far corner of the sewers, but again, you need to make sure those glasses are equipped and on

23 hours ago, Amadeus said:
  Hide contents

So, the hint is in the journal you find in the mages tower, and you need to use the xray specs to get there. If you need a further hint: 

Hide contents

the far corner of the sewers, but again, you need to make sure those glasses are equipped and on

yeah I got those. That was stupid on my behalf... They were like right there... dummy

38 minutes ago, Acolytesix said:

yeah I got those. That was stupid on my behalf... They were like right there... dummy

Ha, don't worry, it happens to the best of us

• Like 1

If it was only that simple ;) So, I'm running around in the library with the floating books. What am I looking for in there? Been up the tower, sitting on a desk on the first floor of the library watching the dead go by me. Are they killable? I can see them with the xray glasses too, funny...

16 hours ago, Acolytesix said:

If it was only that simple ;) So, I'm running around in the library with the floating books. What am I looking for in there? Been up the tower, sitting on a desk on the first floor of the library watching the dead go by me. Are they killable? I can see them with the xray glasses too, funny...

This you will just have to explore yourself. The readables and objectives do show what you are looking for. As for if they are killable, shoot a (holy?) arrow and find out ;)

Edited by Amadeus

• 1 month later...

Aperantly subtitles are supported and there is a subtitle .srt file present for the mission intro. Unfortunatelly it is disabled:

subtitles fm_root {
    verbosity story
//  srt "sound/video/briefing.ogg" "subtitles/player_briefing.srt"
    include "fm_conversations"
}

Why is it disabled?

59 minutes ago, datiswous said:

Why is it disabled?

Great question! I have no idea. I'll take a look this afternoon and fix it. Thanks for pointing this out

yeah, thank you for pointing that out. One section was commented out as you had said earlier, then a few other small bugs here and there, but now it works

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how do I:

Spoiler

use the teleporter in the mage's tower?  I found the crystal and put it in the thing on the wall.  I've tried frobbing the teleporter, standing over the symbol, etc.  What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out.

Edited by Frost_Salamander
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

With all this talk of particle collisions, there is a new small update for Written in Stone now available at a local TDM Mission Downloader near you. It is mostly bug fixes, but there are a few quality-of-life improvements, a new model or two, and a small handful of climbing/mantling fixes that should hopefully make a thief's life a little more painless.

• Like 1

• Dragofer changed the title to Written in Stone [2022/01/28]