The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Iris by WellingtonCrab [TDM 2.10 Required] (2022/02/13)

Wellingtoncrab

Iris - Connections Contest Scoring  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Story Quality and Theme (Stars)

2. 2. Gameplay Quality (Stars)

3. 3. Visual Quality (Stars)

2 hours ago, CountMorillonite said:

Yes please

Spoiler

If you read the Ms. Jakobs, the house steward’s journal she mentions something seems off about the lady’s portrait in a particular light.

Less subtle hint:

Spoiler

Use the peculiar lenses on the lady’s portrait and look for clues in the margins.

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

Spoiler

Yes, I read the right journal (making reference to the portrait above it), and all I could see with the glasses that was any different was some kind of formless shadow near her face as well as blood smears all over the room. The only other picture that alters with the glasses was where a wolf appeared. I don't remember where that was. I would send you a screenshot, but I don't want to spoil things.

Spoiler

I finally saw it by using the glasses AND turning my lantern on.

Edited by CountMorillonite
  • Like 1

@CountMorillonitethanks so much for playing! I am glad to hear you enjoyed it even after so many false starts.

Spoiler

You won’t get much on the alternate ending directly from me, but if you’re willing the brave the spoiler tags you may find some guidance there.

I would just add the alternate ending is not more “true” than the normal one.

I could not find a way to climb the high ledge above the fountain in the Moonlit Manse's garden, which seems to lead to an opening in the broken castle wall. I could climb the first branch of the tree, this is the closest I could get. Any hints? 

Loving the map by the way, it is true to the spirit of the original games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gebbet said:

I could not find a way to climb the high ledge above the fountain in the Moonlit Manse's garden, which seems to lead to an opening in the broken castle wall. I could climb the first branch of the tree, this is the closest I could get. Any hints? 

Spoiler

This is a path from somewhere as opposed to to somewhere - keep it paying and you will likely find yourself on the other end.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:02 PM, Wellingtoncrab said:

Sure:

Hide contents

3619.27 -78.226 287.566

LOL...I am convinced that Tobin's apartment does not exist unless crabby reveals it. Even Tobin's reports said his apartment was within easy reach of his patrol route. It sure does not look  that way to me if it's hidden that well.

• Like 1

I can tell you where Tobin's apartment is, if you really want to spoil the sweet and fleeting joy of independent discovery... Do not open this spoiler tag lest you be stricken with incurable melancholy.

Spoiler

First you need to enter Burgage House, which you can do by going to Black Briar Park, climbing up the water tank by the green light and getting onto the balcony. Once inside the building, go up the first flight of stairs and then look up to find some interior windows overlooking the stairwell, lit subtly by a candle. Climb up inside to find Tobin's apartment.

90TnEly.jpg

jUg1vSN.jpg

2uGPOiO.jpg

Now for your next challenge, find the secret skeleton key that opens every door and chest in the mission.

Ha! It was clever how you placed Tobin's room where it was easy to overlook it.

Spoiler

I have been going up those stairs several times before and never bothered to look up to see that opening. But how does Tobin get inside his room since there are no doors ? Does he also have to climb in through that window like a thief in the night ? Also found a key in Tobin's room. Is that the "skeleton key " you mentioned ?

At the quarantined area

Spoiler

there is a courtyard surrounded by houses with the ruins of a building with exposed basement to the sewers there is a crypt or vault locked with a three number combination. I tried opening it with all the number combinations I could find in my notes but nothing works. Any hints as to where the combination can be found ?

Sort of a bug: There's a chance that the hostile archer in the Burgage House balcony can spot you outside your house at the very start of the mission. He'll start firing arrows, which will then make the otherwise friendly city watch hostile towards you by proxy.

Edited by GEPGUN
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...