The Dark Mod Forums

Real Life Blues: The Tense Geopolitical Situation of Today's World and how I predicted this shit yet all of you laughed at me

Kurshok

Well. The title is pretty self-explanatory. I predicted a domino-effect would happen if Biden pulled out of Afghanistan. Seeing America as too weak to defend our allies overseas, Russia has targeted Ukraine while China takes a break from harassing Taiwan, watching to see if America still has the cojones to stand against military actions against those democracies we wish to protect. Meanwhile, with the Eastern front, so to speak, such a fuckup, Biden is not paying attention to the Iran Deal, trying to get it pushed through ASAP to try and score a "win" with his far left supporters who believe the world's only Jewish state of Israel to be some sort of Nazi Germany reborn, and those poor, innocent bloodthirsty jihadists who use their own women and children as human shields must be the victims of white Jew on brown terrorist hate crime. Nevermind Iran is building an "unbombable missile construction facility" that will grant it the same ability to fund terror unassailable in the region like North Korea does. Speaking of Fat Boy Kim, he seems to see this as a moment in which to harass his neighbors in Japan and South Korea, testing his own junky nuke prototypes in his dystopian Squid Game Hermit Kingdom.

I'm not happy all this shit has happened. But I am disappointed in the leaders of the various nations of the free world. If an autistic 27 year old fat fuck crackbaby who can't hold down a job and lives in his adopted parents' basement can predict and identify threats to the free world before you can, what sort of a leader are you? I don't like Biden or Trump, I think this is a failure on the part of critical thinking in the free world as a whole. We traded our ability to judge whether we can trust somebody with the idea of a hippy-dippy "ohhhhh, coooommmm-bay-yaaaaa, kumbaya, coooooooooommmmmmm-baya," mentality of anesthizing ourselves to the world's troubles, trying to justify our apathy with "its not our jobs", and constantly making excuses for our elected representatives on both sides of the aisle for our own parties' comparatively selfish reasonings.

We were left unsure of whether a just war is better than an unjust peace, considering censoring ourselves, our ideas of what's right or wrong, over fears of offending others who wouldn't hesitate to silence our own ideals of freedom, licente-style democracy, and corruption-fighting governments, as we slowly sank into a morass of SJW and Far Right arguing; no sane middle ground voice has been heeded, no compromises to ensure the torch of liberty stays lit. I can only hope my prediction continues to be right: that even though ignorant decisions by both politicians and voters would extend the amount of time needed for it, that eventually the entire world will have freedom of religion, equal rights, and democratic government. It just sucks that I predict people will suffer, be oppressed, and die beforehand who could have avoided that fate if we played our cards better, so to speak.

Edited by Kurshok
  • Like 1

The whole history shows, that often is made a war when the economic bubble explode. Something like a reset for the next bubble.

A good custom they had in the past, when kings and rulers were the ones who fought in the front line in wars and not sitting safely in a bunker, like now, while people who don't even know each other kill each other for " For God and country"

If this custom from the past would still exist, the world would be much more peaceful.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

7 hours ago, Kurshok said:

If an autistic 27 year old fat fuck crackbaby who can't hold down a job and lives in his adopted parents' basement can predict and identify threats to the free world before you can, what sort of a leader are you?

I would be careful when judging whether you actually predicted and identified it or whether you were just coincidentally right this time. Impossible to know from my point of view of course, but both is possible.

That said, I agree to a degree. And from reading the opinions of foreign policy experts from the US, Israel and Czechia, my own country, they see it kinda similarly as well. It's just that the actual elected politicians refuse to acknowledge it unless they've been already elected when the danger existed (like in Israel) or unless things are already happening, which is too late. It was the same with the pandemic really.

• Like 1

I'm no big fan of the Biden administration but the original post has the strong scent of Russian Propaganda.

AKA "Nonlinear warfare":

Be advised that this forum is not a viable target for this type of content.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

4 hours ago, nbohr1more said:

I'm no big fan of the Biden administration but the original post has the strong scent of Russian Propaganda.

AKA "Nonlinear warfare":

Be advised that this forum is not a viable target for this type of content.

I'm American. I voted Democrat all my life, but grew disillusioned with Democrats' willingness to coddle Islamic beliefs which are antithetical to liberal beliefs in return for votes, along with believing some form of border control is needed on the U.S. Mexico border due to the violent actions of the cartels. I believe Biden's track record so far has vindicated me when it comes to his atrocious foreign policy blunders. The only reason I voted for Biden this election was because I was emotionally manipulated by family. The point is, I'm pretty disillusioned with the current crop of feckless fops running the government, and maybe we need a new, younger, more center-left president instead of Twitter-Fingers Don or Ice Cream Joe.

I don't think this has much to do with Russian propaganda. Putin's Russia is just as right wing as the American one.
It's not about this, it's about the United States believing that everyone is to their service and are much more warmongering than Russia, which has already been shown on several occasions in the past, the latest with the case of alleged weapons of mass destruction.
I still remember very well the last cold war, where American documents were leaked, where it was specified that places in central Europe they're going TO BOMB WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS to stop an alleged Russian invasion.
I also remember the case of the Cuban missiles, where he mentioned that before this Cuban missile crisis, the United States positioned missiles on the Turkish border, targeting Mosku but naturally it was unacceptable that Russia did the same thing in Cuba as a response.
Already on this occasion, World War III was prevented by a Russian official, while the United States already had their finger on the red button.

Now history is repeating itself in Ukraine, whose half of the population is pro-Russian in a fairly right-wing and undemocratic government. It is logical that Russia does not like to have missiles again aimed at its country, being Ukraine in NATO, besides it also shows what it means NATO for the EU, to serve the interests of the United States, against their own, as also in previous cases, the EU in NATO to try to fix the outrages and misguidance of the nefarious US foreign policy, in its eagerness to "distribute democracy", in complete ignorance of local conditions, to make America great again.
Most wars, terror, miseries and problems of African countries and the east are because of this, where incipient democracies were destroyed by this elephant in the porcelain shop with mere selfish and petrodollar interests.

As always, the first thing to die in a war is the truth

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

This is a really weird take.

Ukraine is way more democratic than Russia and while it's still corrupt and many things are dysfunctional, it has made great progress since Euromaidan, which was nothing more than young populace being unhappy with being in the sphere of Russian influence and wanting to go their own way. 

There's no chance Ukraine will join NATO any time soon and Russia knows it very well. But it's not surprising that Ukraine sympathizes with NATO and the west, having parts of their country annexed and being at war with Russia for the last 8 years obviously they want to be allies with people who could help protect them. 

I really don't see how being members of NATO, a defensive alliance, is so offensive unless Russia wants to maintain dominance over its neighbors hoping to invade and annex them like they already did several times. But like I said, Ukraine in NATO is not realistic and nothing more than a red herring and there's no way in hell any of the middle european countries will leave. The experience of being invaded by the soviets is too fresh and we consider our membership as the biggest foreign policy achievement of free and independent Czechia.

• Like 1

lol

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

For threats to the free world to exist, there would first have to be a free world.

But such a thing doesn't exist. We got the current big imperium with its elite caste. There are the remains of former imperia with their elite castes. There are their vasal states. And there are the buffer states - these are held in constant war or at least at the brink of war.

I am lucky to be part of the current great imperium, because i like the luxury it brings. But i am aware, that all that is founded in what effectively still boils down to exploitation of the unlucky.
Our simulation of democracy is a hard sell to those who produce what we consume.
And it is an even harder sell to whose who don't.

I still expect actual democracy to emerge when the energy scarcity problem is finally solved. The hunger for cheap energy is the actual cause of imperialism from the ancient times till now. So solving that should finally make an actually free world possible.

Maybe, nuclear winter comes first. Maybe not.
Play Iris, the best mission made for TDM, and forget what you can't change for a while...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Abusimplea said:

For threats to the free world to exist, there would first have to be a free world.

But such a thing doesn't exist. We got the current big imperium with its elite caste. There are the remains of former imperia with their elite castes. There are their vasal states. And there are the buffer states - these are held in constant war or at least at the brink of war.

I am lucky to be part of the current great imperium, because i like the luxury it brings. But i am aware, that all that is founded in what effectively still boils down to exploitation of the unlucky.
Our simulation of democracy is a hard sell to those who produce what we consume.
And it is an even harder sell to whose who don't.

I still expect actual democracy to emerge when the energy scarcity problem is finally solved. The hunger for cheap energy is the actual cause of imperialism from the ancient times till now. So solving that should finally make an actually free world possible.

Maybe, nuclear winter comes first. Maybe not.
Play Iris, the best mission made for TDM, and forget what you can't change for a while...

I'm gonna call B.S. on that, plain and simple. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it's better than literally everything else. Again, it's mindlessly cooming and consooming that helps the political elites stay in power, both in the free world and in authoritarian countries. Bread and circuses.

21 hours ago, vozka said:

This is a really weird take.

Ukraine is way more democratic than Russia and while it's still corrupt and many things are dysfunctional, it has made great progress since Euromaidan, which was nothing more than young populace being unhappy with being in the sphere of Russian influence and wanting to go their own way. 

There's no chance Ukraine will join NATO any time soon and Russia knows it very well. But it's not surprising that Ukraine sympathizes with NATO and the west, having parts of their country annexed and being at war with Russia for the last 8 years obviously they want to be allies with people who could help protect them. 

I really don't see how being members of NATO, a defensive alliance, is so offensive unless Russia wants to maintain dominance over its neighbors hoping to invade and annex them like they already did several times. But like I said, Ukraine in NATO is not realistic and nothing more than a red herring and there's no way in hell any of the middle european countries will leave. The experience of being invaded by the soviets is too fresh and we consider our membership as the biggest foreign policy achievement of free and independent Czechia.

I agree with you.

Now it'll be double penetration of Ukraine or something. Idk I'm a virgin.

More money will be dumped into another black hole of war.

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Man, this is fucked. Some of my acquaintances have ties to Ukraine and it's so shocking to watch. In the last decade I was watching them help poorer regions with economic development, do business with Ukrainian companies, make friends, watched the country slowly get better, only to be fucked overnight. Horrible thing.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, vozka said:

Man, this is fucked. Some of my acquaintances have ties to Ukraine and it's so shocking to watch. In the last decade I was watching them help poorer regions with economic development, do business with Ukrainian companies, make friends, watched the country slowly get better, only to be fucked overnight. Horrible thing.

Someone should kill Putin. Straight-up snipe him in the forehead with a hollowpoint, and if he covers in his palace, drop a bunker-buster on it.

Although NATO is not going to intervene militarily, since Ukraine is not a member of it, limiting itself to economic sanctions against Russia, especially Putin and the environment, apart from supporting Ukraine economically and with weapons, it is a very serious and dangerous situation. There is the possibility that Russia bombs Chernobyl, for example, with the subsequent Fallout in the EU, or Sweden decides to join NATO as well. With this, things definitely get really ugly.

Nobody must die, except the current ill right-wing geopolitics. Everybody is against the war, except a few politicians in east and west and some economic lobbies, apart from some subnormal nazi groups, This includes nearly all current goverments, not only Putin.

Without the fucking US ultra-capitalist imperialism, the genocidal Ukrainian government (14,000 dead in the last 8 years on the pro-Russian side) and the fascist government of Putin, this World would be much more peaceful and this current crisis with Ukraine would not exist.

These are the things that happen, when the markets, banks and various lobbies in the world rule, and not the people, as should be expected in democratic systems.
None of the Russians, Ukrainians, Europeans or Americans in the street would have started this mess, but now they are the ones who have to pay the price and even kill each other, for the decisions of a few sons of bitches.

33 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

Without the fucking US ultra-capitalist imperialism, the genocidal Ukrainian government (14,000 dead in the last 8 years on the pro-Russian side) and the fascist government of Putin, this World would be much more peaceful and this current crisis with Ukraine would not exist.

I really don't think this is a fair assessment of the situation. The 14k dead are afaik on both sides, and many of them are Russian military, among other things. 

The fact is that Ukraine is a sovereign country which had its parts annexed years ago and now suffers from the most violent invasion since WW2. What we should be thinking about right now is how can we help them. Me and most of my surrounding are doing our part by donating things useful for refugees at the border and donating money to organizations supplying medical and military equipment. 

I'll leave you with this hilarious video of a few Ukrainians with balls of steel asking the squad of a Russian military transporter if they need a tow back to Russia: