The Dark Mod Forums

Real Life Blues: The Tense Geopolitical Situation of Today's World and how I predicted this shit yet all of you laughed at me

Kurshok

Don't get me wrong, naturally the internal situation in Ukraine is no reason for these barbarities on the part of Russia, apart from the fact that it has existed for a long time without anyone being interested in this, without any of the Western countries ever sending aid .

There is a lot of hypocrisy in foreign policies, those who have never been interested in a country being a bloodthirsty dictatorship or not, what's more, they have even supported the oppressors for mere economic reasons, see Saudi Arabia, Israel, apart from some providing weapons to terrorist groups, weapons that we sold them before and with their Islamic law they violate fundamental human rights, and others likewise our friends, who commit genocide in Palestine by tolerating the occupation of aquifers and fertile lands by their settlers in territory that is not theirs. Apart from arresting and imprisoning members of NGOs who want to bring humanitarian aid to the Palestinians.

That Putin's actions are criminal and unjustifiable is absolutely beyond doubt, but imagine for a moment, what would happen in a reverse case, that the Soviet alliance is placed in the countries bordering the US, as well as NATO in countries bordering Russia . Would the US tolerate it?

That the EU entered NATO, in my opinion was a historical mistake, since with this the EU has ceased to be sovereign, becoming subordinate to US interests. For this reason, a sovereign European military alliance is urgently needed, this would be the only way to function as a buffer and intermediary between the US and Russian blocs. Now we are only the ones who suffer the most consequences without being able to defend our own interests.

Ukraine is a sovereign state, fine, but so are we, with interests that are far removed from those of Ukraine, Russia and the US.

• Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

19 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

Don't get me wrong, naturally the internal situation in Ukraine is no reason for these barbarities on the part of Russia, apart from the fact that it has existed for a long time without anyone being interested in this, without any of the Western countries ever sending aid .

There is a lot of hypocrisy in foreign policies, those who have never been interested in a country being a bloodthirsty dictatorship or not, what's more, they have even supported the oppressors for mere economic reasons, see Saudi Arabia, Israel, apart from some providing weapons to terrorist groups, weapons that we sold them before and with their Islamic law they violate fundamental human rights, and others likewise our friends, who commit genocide in Palestine by tolerating the occupation of aquifers and fertile lands by their settlers in territory that is not theirs. Apart from arresting and imprisoning members of NGOs who want to bring humanitarian aid to the Palestinians.

That Putin's actions are criminal and unjustifiable is absolutely beyond doubt, but imagine for a moment, what would happen in a reverse case, that the Soviet alliance is placed in the countries bordering the US, as well as NATO in countries bordering Russia . Would the US tolerate it?

That the EU entered NATO, in my opinion was a historical mistake, since with this the EU has ceased to be sovereign, becoming subordinate to US interests. For this reason, a sovereign European military alliance is urgently needed, this would be the only way to function as a buffer and intermediary between the US and Russian blocs. Now we are only the ones who suffer the most consequences without being able to defend our own interests.

Ukraine is a sovereign state, fine, but so are we, with interests that are far removed from those of Ukraine, Russia and the US.

Bull-fuckin'-shit on Israel being "uwu genocidal uguu". They're defending themselves from demented, murderous Islamic jihadists with imperialistic goals against them. FUCK the Jordanian terrorist splinter group that calls itself Palestine. I agree we shouldn't support countries that stick to Sharia law, and in fact say we should actively boycott those countries as well.

Edited by Kurshok

17 minutes ago, Zerg Rush said:

I agree that an European military would be great, but I don't see it like you do. NATO is a defensive pact and I'm very happy to be a part of it because I believe it's the main reason why Europe has been so stable for decades. My country has been invaded by both Germans and Soviets and being in a military alliance with the US and western Europe who are our allies and haven't done wrong to us since 1938 was a big achievement of our foreign politics. 

For this reason I don't think any comparisons like "what would the US do if it was surrounded by xxx" make sense. Firstly Russia is only "surrounded" from the European side and secondly the only reason why my country and others in central and eastern Europe are in NATO is that Soviets repeatedly invaded and oppressed us and other neighbors and Russian federation keeps doing the same. Mexicans and Canadians have no reason to enter a military alliance to defend themselves from the US because in the grand scheme of things the US is a good neighbor.

I agree that geopolitics is often ugly and unfair, but I don't think one side doing wrong in any way justifies other sides doing wrong. 

• Thanks 1

I don't believe the NATO has apported stability in the EU, until now it have proporcioned several wars (remember the alleged weapons of mass destruction or that with these interventions has made the EU the target of several terrorist attacks in Spain, France and Germany). Not to mention turning it into a target of attacks, especially now, due to US military settlements in European territory*, for example in Rota-Spain.

I still remember very well when, during the Gulf War, US military planes refueled in the air over Spanish towns, showing the importance that the US Army gives to the population of its "allies". Palomares tomatoes are still radioactive, by the way

The idea of NATO has been completely distorted and has only turned the EU into subordinates to help in problems that the ignorant US foreign policy caused. 

It has not provided us with stability, it has only taken away geostrategic sovereignty, forcing us to act against our own interests, when it interests the US. 

They can be our allies, but they must be at eye level with the EU's own army.

*https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/us-military-bases-in-europe/

The US is very far, too far, from the areas where they caused conflicts

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 3

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

It's great that Ukraine didn't lose instantly but any war is profit for those who sell arms and heaven for human trafficking. There are no winners.

• Like 2

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

2 hours ago, datiswous said:

I think it was probably a bad idea to try to force Ukraine into Nato. It's bad for negotiation position.

Ukraine wanted to join NATO. They are tired of Putin breathing down their necks. Now Putin has shown his true colors to the world.

11 hours ago, datiswous said:

I think it was probably a bad idea to try to force Ukraine into Nato. It's bad for negotiation position.

What do you mean? Ukraine being invited into NATO was never really on the table, NATO knew it, Ukraine knew it as well and Putin made sure of that by creating disputed territories by annexation. 

I believe that's just a red herring. I know Putin claimed that's what he wants at some point, but like a week later he demanded that NATO gets out of central and eastern Europe altogether and returns to its pre-1997 state, which again seems like an excuse to start the war more than anything because he must have known that's a completely unrealistic demand.

Ukraine renounced it's non-aligned status and abrogated it from the Constitution. Just like Belarus today decides to remove its neutral status.

None of this is an excuse to start a war ofc. Just like attacking Iraq for theoretical nuclear weapons is not an excuse.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

On 2/26/2022 at 8:59 PM, Zerg Rush said:

I don't believe the NATO has apported stability in the EU, until now it have proporcioned several wars (remember the alleged weapons of mass destruction or that with these interventions has made the EU the target of several terrorist attacks in Spain, France and Germany). Not to mention turning it into a target of attacks, especially now, due to US military settlements in European territory*, for example in Rota-Spain.

I still remember very well when, during the Gulf War, US military planes refueled in the air over Spanish towns, showing the importance that the US Army gives to the population of its "allies". Palomares tomatoes are still radioactive, by the way

The idea of NATO has been completely distorted and has only turned the EU into subordinates to help in problems that the ignorant US foreign policy caused. 

I see your point and respect that your experience with NATO and the US army is different than ours. But I think this is a bit simplistic point of view.

The primary reason for the existence of a strong army is not to win wars, it's to deter others from starting wars. If you look behind the borders of Europe and US, there's still a surprising number of more or less armed conflicts regularly happening, sometimes significant ones and sometimes smaller ones like violent border disputes. All of that has big consequences on the economy, human development etc. Pretty much nothing like that is happening to NATO members, and while that has more than one reason, being backed by the best military alliance in the world is a big one. 

This is a bit like having a good IT department in a company - when it's doing its job, you don't even notice it's there, but when it actually stops working, things go to crap fast. You can of course have a different opinion, but most geopolitics experts would disagree with it.

Edited by vozka

8 hours ago, vozka said:

I see your point and respect that your experience with NATO and the US army is different than ours. But I think this is a bit simplistic point of view.

The primary reason for the existence of a strong army is not to win wars, it's to deter others from starting wars. If you look behind the borders of Europe and US, there's still a surprising number of more or less armed conflicts regularly happening, sometimes significant ones and sometimes smaller ones like violent border disputes. All of that has big consequences on the economy, human development etc. Pretty much nothing like that is happening to NATO members, and while that has more than one reason, being backed by the best military alliance in the world is a big one. 

This is a bit like having a good IT department in a company - when it's doing its job, you don't even notice it's there, but when it actually stops working, things go to crap fast. You can of course have a different opinion, but most geopolitics experts would disagree with it.

I would not complain about NATO, if it really were an alliance of sovereign countries, but in reality it is not like that, with the US in absolute control, it has only caused us problems and several wars that had nothing to do with us, far from providing stability.
While the US does not stop sticking its nose into matters that do not concern it and does not even bother to understand, it is an elephant in a china shop and we the subordinates who have to clean up afterward and pay for the damage.

It is terrible what Russia is doing invading Ukraine and the whole world is rightly outraged by this. But how many countries has the US invaded, to impart democracy and incidentally, for oil? (1)

Are we just as outraged by the refugees from Syria and other African countries fleeing terrorism and bombardments with our weapons as we are now by the Ukrainian refugees? There is a lot of hypocrisy on this matter, there is no black and white, more than those who have drowned in the Mediterranean for years, bled to death on barbed wire fences or die of disgust in concentration camps on the Turkish border.

(1)

1. Grenada (1983-1984)
2. Bolivia (1986)
3. Virgin Islands (1989)
4. Liberia (1990; 1997; 2003)
5. Saudi Arabia (1990-1991)
6. Kuwait (1991)
7. Somalia (1992-1994; 2006)
8. Bosnia (1993-)
9. Zaire/Congo (1996-1997)
10. Albania (1997)
11. Sudan (1998)
12. Afghanistan (1998; 2001-)
13. Yemen (2000; 2002-)
14. Macedonia (2001)
15. Colombia (2002-)
16 Pakistan (2005-)
17. Syria (2008; 2011-)
18. Uganda (2011)
19. Mali (2013)
20. Niger (2013)
21. Yugoslavia (1919; 1946; 1992-1994; 1999)
22. Iraq (1958; 1963; 1990-1991; 1990-2003; 1998; 2003-2011)
23. Angola (1976-1992)

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 2

Okay, not while there are idiots, the mentally ill, fascists, or orthodox religious in power. Wars are always for the reasons of a few leaders, be it for religious, imperialist or petty reasons, and never start from a sovereign people. The only fault of the people is that they have chosen these animals, if they had the opportunity to do so.

Much human evolution is really lacking, until the designation Homo SAPIENS would be more than mere pride.

• Thanks 1

Things were looking good for a while, but now news says a 40 mile long convoy of Russian forces is heading to Kiev. We need to send troops to aid the Ukrainians, weapons alone aren't enough if there aren't enough troops to use them against the spud-suckers.

On 2/28/2022 at 5:24 PM, Zerg Rush said:

Okay, not while there are idiots, the mentally ill, fascists, or orthodox religious in power. Wars are always for the reasons of a few leaders, be it for religious, imperialist or petty reasons, and never start from a sovereign people. The only fault of the people is that they have chosen these animals, if they had the opportunity to do so.

Much human evolution is really lacking, until the designation Homo SAPIENS would be more than mere pride.

Our ancestors were just scavengers. We were never a hunter society at least until we entered the Stone Age or the Bronze Age with better equipment. Monkeys are animals too noble to be compared to humans. We are pathetic.

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

The convoy was slowed down for a bit. Don't know how much that helps. They said Russia, with its current economic woes, could only siege realistically for ten days. Now, Biden decided to be a cowardly shithead and reiterate he refuses to send in troops to aid the Ukrainians, after the promised jet deal was scuttled. Fucking cowards. Don't they know that at this point, Putin managing to capture Ukraine will show other dictators and terrorists and other authoritarian shitbags in the world they can just trample on innocent people and get away with it without free countries fighting back to defend their allies? These brainless, sackless fools currently in power are a blight upon democracy, promising to protect freedom but backing down when their reelection is at risk. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

STFU, it's people like you that caused the world to suffer through 2 world wars.

The west and her allies have been doing everything in their power to put as much pressure on Putin and Russia and avoid world war 3. This isn't Germany or France or UK, the allies can't just send troops into Ukraine. Russia has already threatened all out Nuclear retaliation should the western allies intervene.

Always remember, lest we forget the horrors of war.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

Just sanction Russia into space. Without wages and food there will be no invasion.

• Like 1

badge?user=andarson

5 hours ago, Kurshok said:

The convoy was slowed down for a bit. Don't know how much that helps. They said Russia, with its current economic woes, could only siege realistically for ten days. Now, Biden decided to be a cowardly shithead and reiterate he refuses to send in troops to aid the Ukrainians, after the promised jet deal was scuttled. Fucking cowards. Don't they know that at this point, Putin managing to capture Ukraine will show other dictators and terrorists and other authoritarian shitbags in the world they can just trample on innocent people and get away with it without free countries fighting back to defend their allies? These brainless, sackless fools currently in power are a blight upon democracy, promising to protect freedom but backing down when their reelection is at risk. They snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

This is not at all about reelections, this is about starting world war 3. As soon as NATO units get involved, that means an all out NATO vs Russia war, and since in a conventional war Russia would obviously eventually lose, it would probably mean a nuclear war because Putin would think he has nothing to lose anyway.

There isn't much more the rest of the world can do than supply Ukraine with a shitton of money and weapons and sanction Russia to hell. It probably won't be enough, Russia still can drain Ukraine through sheer numbers even through its incompetence. But there are situations where no good solutions exist, only more or less bad ones.

What would have helped is if we had at least half as strong of a reaction to Russia occupying Crimea, the "separatist republics" or even Georgia in 2008. But it's too late for that.

18 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

STFU, it's people like you that caused the world to suffer through 2 world wars.

The west and her allies have been doing everything in their power to put as much pressure on Putin and Russia and avoid world war 3. This isn't Germany or France or UK, the allies can't just send troops into Ukraine. Russia has already threatened all out Nuclear retaliation should the western allies intervene.

Always remember, lest we forget the horrors of war.

I'd rather a fucking world War than let dictatorships and authoritarianism run rampant and unopposed, so YOU "STFU". And Hitler and his fascist buddies started world war 2, it was America who ended it.

Edited by Kurshok

16 hours ago, vozka said:

This is not at all about reelections, this is about starting world war 3. As soon as NATO units get involved, that means an all out NATO vs Russia war, and since in a conventional war Russia would obviously eventually lose, it would probably mean a nuclear war because Putin would think he has nothing to lose anyway.

There isn't much more the rest of the world can do than supply Ukraine with a shitton of money and weapons and sanction Russia to hell. It probably won't be enough, Russia still can drain Ukraine through sheer numbers even through its incompetence. But there are situations where no good solutions exist, only more or less bad ones.

What would have helped is if we had at least half as strong of a reaction to Russia occupying Crimea, the "separatist republics" or even Georgia in 2008. But it's too late for that.

Putin is going to die soon anyway, he has fucked over his oligarch buddies too much. Which means he may decide to launch nukes either way, in which case, a war to stop his forces from spreading and causing more havoc, and perhaps an operation to assassinate Putin himself, who is obviously out of his mind and whose people in Russia are being arrested en masse for protesting his corrupt war, would be all for.

Edited by Kurshok

12 minutes ago, Kurshok said:

Putin is going to die soon anyway, he has fucked over his oligarch buddies too much. Which means he may decide to launch nukes either way, in which case, a war to stop his forces from spreading and causing more havoc, and perhaps an operation to assassinate Putin himself, who is obviously out of his mind and whose people in Russia are being arrested en masse for protesting his corrupt war, would be all for.

How would someone even be in a position to kill Putin? He doesn't seem to go out in public much anymore so you'd have to get to a meeting with him, and I doubt you'd get a pistol or knife past his guards/metal detectors/pat downs.

Only way to kill him would involve getting really close anyway which is hard enough. Have you seen how long his tables are?

6000.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=form

417de5d0-98c2-11ec-bf3f-aa47d35384f3

By the time you cross the halfway point you've probably already been shot dead.

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.