The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Noble Affairs by Goldwell 2022/02/22 [TDM 2.10 Required]

Goldwell

Congrats!

This is a LANDMARK release and is almost too good to be true!

It's pretty incredible that we've had multiple unbelievable missions come out recently!

I just put the blasted shards of my blown-up mind back into my skull from the last batch of missions,

and now this comes along and my brain matter is back on the floors and walls 🤣

Mission is available at Moddb now as well:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-dark-mod/addons/noble-affairs-210-beta-required

Even though you aren't officially in the contest, it would be cool to have a poll on the thread so folks can see where it might have placed. I feel that there are multiple perfect score releases in this contest so it really comes down to more critical players as the deciding factor.

• Like 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

I have updated the mission to version 1.1.

Download link is in the OP.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the release! We've been so spoiled for excellent missions of late.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

Fantastic! Very happy to see how this turned out!

3 hours ago, madtaffer said:

Congrats!

Reveal hidden contents

This small gate can't be frobed or picked. Is this intentional ?

nobleaffairs-2022-GF2421.jpg

Spoiler

That is tied to an optional job you can get from The Silent Dagger.

• Like 1

Modeler galore & co-authors literally everything

I finished the mission yesterday in a first run in Easy, I loved it, tricky, different with excellent graphics. 

But for some reason, despite having finished it, quite bruised and with quite good statistics (4 secrets, 2930 loot, stealth score 2), neither the ending nor the saves after finding the recording in the basement, were saved, the last savepoint when opening the game again is before I pick up this recording.
Bug or local problem of mine?

Anyway I will play it again, great mission apart of this issue. PD, nice guards in the factory.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

4 hours ago, kin said:

Congratulation on the release. I am amazed with your skill.

Reveal hidden contents

Is there a way to deal with those "invisible demons" in the flooded area other than avoiding them?

Spoiler

I killed some of them with mines and holy water arrows

• Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

What a fantastic mission! I really enjoyed every element from the great audio/visual presentation to the fine detail and exploration opportunities squeezed into the layout. This is definitely a showcase for those new volumetric lights!

Spoiler

while I didn’t manage to break into the back of the shoppe on this first round - I was excited to see this looked like a viable option for a “discount”! Just gotta figure out how to get in there…

• Like 1

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

I have updated the mission to version 1.2.

Download link is in the OP.

And thank you everyone for the kind words!

• Like 1

I finished it again , now with a slight better result (7 secrets and two of the challenges from the shop), but I didn't know, how to entry the shop, nor where I find the combination of the save in the jewelery to finish the third challenge.

3 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

I finished it again , now with a slight better result (7 secrets and two of the challenges from the shop), but I didn't know, how to entry the shop, nor where I find the combination of the save in the jewelery to finish the third challenge.

Re: the safe there is a tip inside the silent dagger which gives hints there.

Or if you're looking for a more direct hint

Spoiler

Check the rock with a tree on it in the starting water area

Re: breaking into the fences shop, you'll find that key during the contract called Unwanted Guests

Or a more direct hint

Spoiler

You'll find the key on the top floor of the factory, where the "unwanted guest" patrols around

• Like 2

Congratulations on the release. Looking forward to another of yours :D

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Enjoyable level. Loved the entry into the level by, was very cool. 

Playing this. Found a strange issue with the AI in the water. There's a body down there, and they attacked it. lol Also at that spot, on a pipe above the body I got stuck between the pipe and the fake door. Don't like those creepies though. 

One thing I really don't like about 2.10 is the AI are super sensitive. The slightest sound, even creeping had
me detected multiple times from almost every AI. Not sure if you're not tweakign the AI sensitiviies to a realistic
level, or if 2.10 is over the top.  Still, another cool level. Love the new thief :)

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

58 minutes ago, NeonsStyle said:

Enjoyable level. Loved the entry into the level by, was very cool. 

Playing this. Found a strange issue with the AI in the water. There's a body down there, and they attacked it. lol Also at that spot, on a pipe above the body I got stuck between the pipe and the fake door. Don't like those creepies though. 

One thing I really don't like about 2.10 is the AI are super sensitive. The slightest sound, even creeping had
me detected multiple times from almost every AI. Not sure if you're not tweakign the AI sensitiviies to a realistic
level, or if 2.10 is over the top.  Still, another cool level. Love the new thief :)

The AI will freak out if it hears a mouse farting 20 miles away. 

Possibly one of the most irritating parts of TDM. 

For that reason I actually play with the AI sound difficulty setting set to “forgiving”. Because the standard setting is ridiculously sensitive as you mentioned.  

Thanks for the kind words too, glad you had a good time :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never have had this AI issue in 2.09 but only  since 2.10 it's like they are hypersensitive. 

I wrote that at about 2am after I'd just finished n was knackered. It was a really fun mission. The jeweller I found
really interesting, and never did find any reference to his valuables location. I also found the only way to get into that room opposite the main entrance into the Noble womans house was to alert the AI and get them to open it. The interior of the house though was gorgeous. Being an artist, I drooled over all the paintings. Had to KO the guards so I can spend some time in this Gallery of portraits. Very enjoyable level Goldwell. :) Look forward to your next one. I'll play this again! :)

Edited by NeonsStyle
  • Like 2