The Dark Mod Forums

Lock picking in the latest version 2.10 no longer works.

dark1

Either lock pick Garret has just keeps clicking "red" and cannot open a door, Garret is stuck in his hide-out and cannot get out. :(

So far I have only tested it on the Perilous Refuge mission on the new 2.10 version. 

I re-installed version 2.09b and the lock picking does not work like it did before I installed the new version 2.10.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Haha 1

Some doors are lockpick-proof, so to ensure this isn't the case try playing the Training Mission and the area with the lockpicks.

If they still don't work, delete (maybe make copies first) the .cfg files in your darkmod directory to reset the configs, then try again. I know for a fact lockpicking works fine for me in 2.10 so maybe there's a broken config setting somewhere.

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

The very first door? The one that started with a board blocking it?

Yeah, that one cannot be picked. The key to it is hanging on a hook just to the left of the door, beside the oil lamp.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

13 hours ago, dark1 said:

Either lock pick Garret has just keeps clicking "red" and cannot open a door, Garret is stuck in his hide-out and cannot get out. :(

So far I have only tested it on the Perilous Refuge mission on the new 2.10 version. 

I re-installed version 2.09b and the lock picking does not work like it did before I installed the new version 2.10.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was successfully picking locks a few days ago.  If the lockpick glows red it just means the lock can not be picked.

I don't mean this in a rude way but just to be helpful, but do try to reproduce suspected bugs before reporting.  Could give Developers a stroke thinking the mod went out with a major feature like that broken. 😂

• Like 2

I can confirm in the Breaking Out The Fence by Kyyrma if you pick up the lockpicks in the chest, none of the picks will work in the level. The doors will unlock when you spawn in the lockpicks with the spawn atdm:playertools_lockpick_triangle and spawn atdm:playertools_lockpick_snake command.

1 hour ago, YVX said:

I can confirm in the Breaking Out The Fence by Kyyrma if you pick up the lockpicks in the chest

That is weird. I played that mission just a week or two ago and the chest lockpicks worked fine. So this bug seems to be intermittent, which is useful to know.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

10 hours ago, YVX said:

I can confirm in the Breaking Out The Fence by Kyyrma if you pick up the lockpicks in the chest, none of the picks will work in the level. The doors will unlock when you spawn in the lockpicks with the spawn atdm:playertools_lockpick_triangle and spawn atdm:playertools_lockpick_snake command.

Please set:

con_noPrint 0

and

getViewPos

in the console and capture a screen-shot for the location of the lock picks.

In my playthrough, this mission was driven by doors with keys that are specific to them but I did locate lock-picks :

Spoiler

on a basement table

( not in a chest ).

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

On 3/16/2022 at 2:06 PM, YVX said:

I have replicated this.

For some reason all the lockpicks in this mission are targeted by a func_remove entity. I have removed the targets from that entity and now the lockpicks work:

( Modified mission )

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CZb5bcTVXxorRIuVdQ8QMSwk4u5T_FS-/view?usp=sharing

I will ping the author to figure out why they would use that design...

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)