The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 3.0.0 pre-release test

7 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

One thing that's missing is wireframe/shaded outline of selected item in 3d view when in Render mode

Yes, I'm aware of that. It might not make it into the first 3.0.0 release, I'm afraid.

I found that I can maximise the 3D view, set the resolution to a ridiculous value my display can't deal with, it will say "out of range", but during that time I can win+up to maximise, take a screenshot, and revert the resolution.  Tactic not just for Radiant.

Utility I use:-
https://funk.eu/hrc/

I think this might be better than expecting Radiant to be an all-out rendering solution.  Seems like a neverending rabbithole to me.  Just my opinion.

2 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

Is it possible to increase the render resolution of the renderview viewport? Or maybe apply anti aliasing?

Not so sure how much work AA would be to implement, but you can dock off the camera window and move/resize it for your needs. Does this help?

I use split pane view, so the render window is small.
Just seems to be lots of aliasing going on, assuming the internal render resolution is the same as the size of the window in pixels.

but honestly, if it's not something as simple as just changing some variables, don't worry about it man. You got lots of stuff on your plate already.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

The modern way to do AA is (like the game itself does) using an FBO. Basically you render the scene at a higher resolution then scale it down to fit the window. At least that's the modern, simple way — games typically offer many more advanced settings like FXAA, temporal AA etc, but these would be overkill for just an editor.

It's not a massive amount of work to implement, but it's not just changing some settings either. If we were to implement it, we should allow the render resolution to be controlled in both directions: higher resolution to produce an AA effect, and lower resolution to improve performance on slower GPUs.

I'll probably be going to release 3.0.0 in the next few days, unless someone has noticed anything that might stop that train. Thanks a lot for testing the new release, folks, this is invaluable and makes DR better for everybody.

• Like 3

• greebo unpinned this topic