The Dark Mod Forums

beta testers wanted for "Lucy"

geegee

Count me in! I'm glad to see another new mission. Woohoo!

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

On 4/10/2022 at 6:22 AM, geegee said:

or "The adventures of Thomas: Lucy's quest"

This isn't a short mission - it takes awhile to play through - and for a first run I'd like beta testers to play without cheats (no godmode flythrough, please!), so gameplay issues are put to the fore. I'd also like this beta test to be "closed" - so I'll start a thread in the beta forum but PM links to testers, if there are any takers 😑.

The longer the better. What is godmode? I made all the guards deaf and blind, but that's it.

15 hours ago, Acolytesix said:

The longer the better. What is godmode? I made all the guards deaf and blind, but that's it.

Spoiler

Open the Console > god (this makes you inmortal) I use this in  the first walkthrough in a new mission, but most I prefer to do this with 'notarget', that makes that all the AI ignore you compleetly, except your contacts and allied in the dialogs.

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

On 4/15/2022 at 5:32 AM, Zerg Rush said:
  Hide contents

Open the Console > god (this makes you inmortal) I use this in  the first walkthrough in a new mission, but most I prefer to do this with 'notarget', that makes that all the AI ignore you compleetly, except your contacts and allied in the dialogs.

Where exactly is this God mode in console? I can't find it. It would kinda be cool to be immortal, but I usually just save a lot, so I can keep going anyways ;) 

@Acolytesix, to open the console,in the game push Alt-Ctrl-~ (in the Spanish Keyboatd Alt-Ctrl-º). There you can enter the cheat-codes. In the Wiki you'll find more details

https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Cheats

There are existing more, but with these i think is enough. Don't abuse 

Edited by Zerg Rush

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

On 4/19/2022 at 2:11 PM, Zerg Rush said:

@Acolytesix, to open the the console,in the game push Alt-Ctrl-~ (in the Spanish Keyboatd Alt-Ctrl-º). There you can enter the cheat-codes. In the Wiki you'll find more details

https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Cheats

There are existing more, but with these i think is enough. Don't abuse 

I don't wanna cheat ;)  I'll ask for hints on the forum every now and then. If I cheat in the beta then maybe the game play won't do what was intended for this FM. Just say'n... You got a link to Lucy?

On 4/22/2022 at 6:09 AM, kin said:

I see this beta is taking some time. How big of a mission are we talking about?

It's a very large mission with 8 segments - unfortunately an engine limit seems to have been exceeded due to a high total number and density of AIs. Some possible suggestions to solve it:

- reduce AIs, optionally rebalance lighting/patrols/etc. to compensate (though difficulty may already have been on the high end due to the high AI count)

- split up the mission into a small campaign

- write a script that toggles processing of AIs

The first part of the first option probably wouldn't take too much time and effort, while the rest may understandably feel like rather large projects without first taking a break for someone who feels drained from pushing a mission to beta.

@Acolytesixgeegee has been sending download links via PM to people volunteering in the beta thread.