The Dark Mod Forums

MrAxel Plays Dark Mod Missions

JackFarmer

I.ll take a look, thanks

There are several playthrough channels for TDM, which I consult in occasions, one of these channels is from Boy Lag, not because he plays special expert, but because his nice form to play it, which is anytime good for some laughs with his reactions and comments.

I also prefer a slow style playing TDM, I often wait for several cycles of the guards to search the best moment.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

• Like 2

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

Yes, I know and @JackFarmertoo, but I don't like YouTube because of all the ad, tracker and country restriction crap it has, because of this I prefer Pieped, CloudTube or other privacy front ends, where you have all the channels from YT, but without the restrictions ads and other Google crap, Piped even blocked annoying intros and promotion blocks.

I also use the FreeTube, it's a desktop client for YT with its own proxie.

Ugsb3fa.png

jVwQq3W.png

• Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

2 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

Yes, I know and @JackFarmertoo, but I don't like YouTube because of all the ad, tracker and country restriction crap it has, because of this I prefer Pieped, CloudTube or other privacy front ends, where you have all the channels from YT, but without the restrictions ads and other Google crap, Piped even blocked annoying intros and promotion blocks.

I'm looking into these things.

When I used Google to search for "Pieped" (which is instead a brand of shoes), I was presented with this piece of scepticism, courtesy of the internet's own Little China platform: https://www.reddit.com/r/degoogle/comments/sjuvua/be_aware_about_piped_the_alternative_frontend_to/

As you can understand, Google and Reddit are not reliable sources, and so I'm asking you if there's any truth to this post.

Update: CloudTube, meanwhile, can't show videos because of something about a "bad MIME format". This "bad MIME format" has been popping up a lot these recent years, and so if you could tell me how to fix that, I'd be grateful. It ruins a handful of video sites for me.

As for FreeTube, what I think is the main page for that, just gives me a big "Warning: Potential Security Risk" warning, which makes me too worried to continue.

Edited by Nort

2 hours ago, Zerg Rush said:

Also, I'm guessing it was you who linked to a better search engine a while back, with some kind of better AI. I saved a browser tab for that link, but I screwed it up and started using that forum tab instead, so please tell me what it was.

1 hour ago, Nort said:

I'm looking into these things.

When I used Google to search for "Pieped" (which is instead a brand of shoes), I was presented with this piece of scepticism, courtesy of the internet's own Little China platform: https://www.reddit.com/r/degoogle/comments/sjuvua/be_aware_about_piped_the_alternative_frontend_to/

As you can understand, Google and Reddit are not reliable sources, and so I'm asking you if there's any truth to this post.

Update: CloudTube, meanwhile, can't show videos because of something about a "bad MIME format". This "bad MIME format" has been popping up a lot these recent years, and so if you could tell me how to fix that, I'd be grateful. It ruins a handful of video sites for me.

As for FreeTube, what I think is the main page for that, just gives me a big "Warning: Potential Security Risk" warning, which makes me too worried to continue.

First FreeTube is a known OpenSource desktop client for YouTube, there isn't a security risk (false positive from your AV). Maybe this and also cloudtube and other like yewtube are also OpenSource and forks from Invidious give alerts from certain companies, because permits to download YT vids.

In Piped there isn't such option, it use it's own engine to stream YT vids, without using the googlevideoAPI, like the others, this permits it to control better the content and block ads and trackers from Google, also jump the invideo sponsor blocks and intros. It has a very impresive settings page in this sense. You can create an account (nick, mail) which permits to subscribe your  prefered channels and shows new videos of these (Feed). 

Well, certainly there are a lot of more search engines as only Google, Bing, and Yahoo out there. The AI search engine you mencioned is Andi, privacy oriented and don't show a lot of results, it is different, Andi is an AI who understand the concept of your search and shows the most relevant results respect of your search, you can really chat with it. Something like Alexa, but without trackers, loggings and ads, 100% private.

I use Andi for my first searches, before I use the others I use. To add Andi to your search engines in your browser to permit to search with your search or adress bar, use this code to put it as search engine in the list of your browser

https://andisearch.com/?query=%s

You'll find a very complete list of search engines in a post from oen of the user in the Vivaldi Forum, including the codes to use them in the browser from the adress or search bar

https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/46609/guide-vivaldi-search-engines-collection

• Like 1

As I say, because of this I used as my main search engine, although it does not show as many results as other search engines and it is still in beta.

PD. In the yt front ends, like CloudTube, YewTube, Invidious, etc. that are selfhosted streamers where are exists several public instances and some of these instances certainly don't work well. You can use a own instance, when you have a server or an old PC which you can use as such. You can find the Invidious files in GitHub.

Until now I dont have problems with CloudTube, using this instance

https://tube.cadence.moe

https://tube.cadence.moe/search?q=the+dark+mod

JewTube

https://yewtu.be

PD. Use Lemmy or Raddle instead of Reddit, they are also social networks similar to Reddit, but OpenSource, decentralized an federated. No Big Brother behind,, driven by the users.

Edited by Zerg Rush
  • Like 1

...in the meantime:

Mr. Axel finished the main quest and is determined to complete two remaining optional objectives:

https://piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=fN-z581IOew

I must say, I admire his stamina. 😋

However, the way he uses the inventory causes me physical pain. Somebody around with a google account to tell him that he can cycle through inventory items using certain keys?

Regarding Keybindings, they are very good for choosing Lockpicks, keys and the other tools in the inventory. But since these 'magic' glasses also appear in later missions, it would be very desirable to include them also in the hotkeys, it is somewhat cumbersome to have to select them first with the mouse wheel to use them.

3 hours ago, Araneidae said:

Or tell him to bind "Inventory Grid" and use that.  I have

bind "F1" "_impulse30"

in my DarkmodKeybinds.cfg.  Am a bit puzzled by the cryptic binding name.

If "_impulse30" is the inventory grid, it can be set using the regular key binding settings menu. I have it simply set to <I>. :)

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, JackFarmer said:

This one is fun as well, St.Lucia:

https://piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=ijLWhldpe04

@Anderson: Has anyone startet working on the missing reverb?

Unfortunately not. I'm too incompetent. A pipe dream to see most FM's have reverb 😕

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

Mr axel has played several missions and made a playlist of this.

I watched but still prefer fenphoenix. Because his commentary during the TDM missions, the other stealth games he played and his voice in our game.

Mr axel tdm playlist

Fenphoenix

Plays st lucia.
(More videos, see his playlists)

Edited by freyk
  • Like 2

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

19 hours ago, JackFarmer said:

@nbohr1more: If ok for you, I will give "Adding EFX to St. Lucia"  a try and have it tested with Anderson.

I'd love to help. I just need to know what to do.

• Thanks 1

badge?user=andarson

I'm glad some people are enjoying the Youtube videos I've been making - even if my slow progress might be infuriating for others! It's just the way I always tend to approach stealth gameplay in any game.

I always forget about the inventory shortcuts - maybe I'll try writing them down in front of me as a reminder for the next video.

Should be doing 'Hidden Hands: The Anomaly' next.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@MrAxel

As for me, I am absolutely fine with your approach; after all,  it is a stealth game and thus a careful and slow play style should be expected in videos like yours. 😀

What's next on the menu? Would be interested to see how you approach the Volta series (there are currently two missions available via the downloader). The first one is about a mansion and the second one is about...well you will find out if you give it a try! 😆

13 hours ago, MrAxel said:

Thanks Jack,

The Volta missions were on my list to try. Maybe I should also try Noble Affairs as Goldwell says it sort of fits in between Volta 1 and Shadows of Northdale 1 (which I've already played).

MrAxel

Great, looking forward to it!

Regarding your current HHTA walkthrough (Part 5 was the last I saw when you read this): There are five secret areas. Till now, you just found two. Because of your thorough play style, I expect you to go for all of them 😆 (you still can do that as you have found the only secret area I had placed in the area now inaccessible) .

Hint regarding secret area #1:

Spoiler

You missed one of the easiest secret area when you looked around the bath room and did not conclude that there must be a way up maybe somewhere else...