The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Who Watches The Watcher? v1.0 by DeTeEff (2022/05/28)

DeTeEff

Thank you and congratulations on your release!

This looks bloody brilliant! Going to jump in tonight :D 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, datiswous said:

Congratulations! I'm sorry I wasn't around more for testing. I am excited to try it again. 

Every contribution counts. I would like to object and say you were one of the more vocal testers, and found... 

Spoiler

...lots of crappy behaviour on some iffy Sergeant 

:D

• Like 2

Your girlfriend is a keeper. I barely saved my relations after trying to do a scientific article for 8 months. These things take a toll on our sanity.  Will download this and play. The "making of" backstory already has me hooked.

• Like 1

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Thank you, congratulations on your release. Looking forward to playing this. I was hoping to find a new mission tonight. Not disappointed. :D

• Like 1

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Congratulations on the release!

That was an interesting premise, having to tail your target throughout almost the whole map, reminded me the of the Assassins level from T1 :)

It was very unique, having to go through quite a lot of map, and then your mission only started, once you started tailing the guard - and tailing was through a long part of the level.  I found it interesting that you couldn´t explore right away, you had to remember to do it later, once the tailing part ended, basically piggyback your way back.

And I also liked the detail

Spoiler

with having to find something (was it a feather?) to identify who sacked your place while you were gone, before you could call it a day.

These were the things that could be improved - please, do take them as a constructive criticism, not a griping:

- first, that needlessly empty area at the beginning of the map - there is nothing to loot for a long time and for no reason, just like that, from the certain point on the map, there is - it creates discrepancy, because I as a player have no idea why I should I bother to look for a loot, when few meters away there was nothing at all.  I was able to see that thanks to a console command. Just cut that part of the level altogether, and move the start area somewhere closer to the populated area with loot or fill it with something meaningful for player to see and do.
- Ai was too prescient - not that they could see me from miles away, but they could see me in the dimmest light, they could find a corpses in a complete darkness and what made the level almost unplayable - once one(!) them see you, all of them go bonkers, started to look for me all of them at once. That completely killed any joy of playing, and I was playing on the easiest difficulty.
- I was not able to find the third readable required to mark the main objective,

Spoiler

I guess there´s a broken script - when I found the letters of the watch captain in the drawer, after reading a first of them there was trigger, which executed the first "I should find more of the evidence" talk, when I found, I think it was diary in the other drawer/in a safe nearby, there was a second talk, and that was it, I wasn´t able to execute the third, and the last one I guess. 

I would not be able to finish the main objective, had I not stumbled by sheer accident upon your test room - you know which one I mean - the one with white walls, several readables (duplicates of those I found in the drawer) and 4 switches. When I switched all of the 4 switches, the objective was ticked off.

- when I was returning back to the apartment, streets were full of guards - was that intentional, or did I accidentally alerted one of them, who then brought over all his friends?

Spoiler

- Also, there was a place in the gangs hideout, right next to a broken air-conditioning shaft, where there was 3 objects in the wall for taking,  marked as loot - but noclipping showed nothing at all and they were unfrobbable. Maybe they were supposed to spawn somewhere else, but I do not know where.

Was I supposed to trigger something to get to them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tarhiel said:

Congratulations on the release!

That was an interesting premise, having to tail your target throughout almost the whole map, reminded me the of the Assassins level from T1 :)

It was very unique, having to go through quite a lot of map, and then your mission only started, once you started tailing the guard - and tailing was through a long part of the level.  I found it interesting that you couldn´t explore right away, you had to remember to do it later, once the tailing part ended, basically piggyback your way back.

And I also liked the detail

Reveal hidden contents

with having to find something (was it a feather?) to identify who sacked your place while you were gone, before you could call it a day.

These were the things that could be improved - please, do take them as a constructive criticism, not a griping:

- first, that needlessly empty area at the beginning of the map - there is nothing to loot for a long time and for no reason, just like that, from the certain point on the map, there is - it creates discrepancy, because I as a player have no idea why I should I bother to look for a loot, when few meters away there was nothing at all.  I was able to see that thanks to a console command. Just cut that part of the level altogether, and move the start area somewhere closer to the populated area with loot or fill it with something meaningful for player to see and do.
- Ai was too prescient - not that they could see me from miles away, but they could see me in the dimmest light, they could find a corpses in a complete darkness and what made the level almost unplayable - once one(!) them see you, all of them go bonkers, started to look for me all of them at once. That completely killed any joy of playing, and I was playing on the easiest difficulty.
- I was not able to find the third readable required to mark the main objective,

Glad you liked it!

Yes, I know the start sections are a bit bare; loot vise, but there is

Spoiler

at least a health potion in the apartments straight across from your lair.

There could be more, yes, but I think there are other sections with lots more loot so yes, there may be some discrepancies towards the rest of the level.

Yes, the AI may be brutal if they suspect anything and they may end up as a collective mob that search high and low for the player. But I believe it's not impossible to escape or sneak away, should you upset anyone. Perhaps I should've added flash bombs to the starting equipment...

Regarding the mentioned readables:

Spoiler

You need three parts of the evidence;

-The diary in the safe
-Any of the letters in the desk
-The torturers log, in the interrogation room.

1 hour ago, Tarhiel said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess there´s a broken script - when I found the letters of the watch captain in the drawer, after reading a first of them there was trigger, which executed the first "I should find more of the evidence" talk, when I found, I think it was diary in the other drawer/in a safe nearby, there was a second talk, and that was it, I wasn´t able to execute the third, and the last one I guess. 

I would not be able to finish the main objective, had I not stumbled by sheer accident upon your test room - you know which one I mean - the one with white walls, several readables (duplicates of those I found in the drawer) and 4 switches. When I switched all of the 4 switches, the objective was ticked off.

- when I was returning back to the apartment, streets were full of guards - was that intentional, or did I accidentally alerted one of them, who then brought over all his friends?

Reveal hidden contents

- Also, there was a place in the gangs hideout, right next to a broken air-conditioning shaft, where there was 3 objects in the wall for taking,  marked as loot - but noclipping showed nothing at all and they were unfrobbable. Maybe they were supposed to spawn somewhere else, but I do not know where.

Was I supposed to trigger something to get to them?

In this mission you may KO/kill as many AI you like, but it will have consequences:

Spoiler

Lore vise, the guards report to one another and a missing guard will raise suspicion; he will be replaced with another guard that is on the lookout. Gameplay/scipting vise this means every Citywatch guard you down will get replaced and depending on difficulty, you will also have to face reinforcements in the form of torch guards and elites that roam the areas. I thought of adding some kind of signal/hint for this, but couldn't find a way to make it believable. I could have added some kind of meter to show the player how much ruckus he has done, but I felt that would feel to gamey.

Regarding the loot:

Spoiler

Those loot objects in the wall are bound to some other stuff. I should put them in the blue room, but that wont't matter unless you use consol loot commands.

But what are they for, then?

Spoiler

Try to find the tongs and head for the interrogation room...

• Like 1

Thanks very much for the mission.

I managed to get through it on expert with 5549 loot, but parts were tough - especially the tailing part - and required reloads once I knew in which direction my target was heading.

I used the start area

Spoiler

to lure elite guards there so I could climb on the awning and knock them out with a dropped crate.

Tedious but also strangely satisying! Had I known they were all going to spawn again I may not have bothered, although I did eventually manage to eliminate all the guards even after returning from the thieves lair.

On my way to the lair I passed through a shop run by a female thief who had a purse, I think. I was too busy following my target and staying out of sight to steal it then, and on my way back she seemed to have completely disappeared so her purse was unobtainable. Is that right, or is she hiding somewhere?

I found loot items in

Spoiler

two birds' nests

and managed to perform some

Spoiler

post mortem dentistry

to get some more!

Despite scouring the map, I don't think I found the

Spoiler

test room with white walls and four switches

mentioned above.  Could I have a hint please?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Marbrien said:

Thanks very much for the mission.

I managed to get through it on expert with 5549 loot, but parts were tough - especially the tailing part - and required reloads once I knew in which direction my target was heading.

Oohhh, very good looting. Yes, there are some tight spots in the following objective. I'm glad you pulled through!

I used the start area

Reveal hidden contents

to lure elite guards there so I could climb on the awning and knock them out with a dropped crate.

Tedious but also strangely satisying! Had I known they were all going to spawn again I may not have bothered, although I did eventually manage to eliminate all the guards even after returning from the thieves lair.

Hehe, no shame in some violence, though

Spoiler

Had you NOT downed anyone, there hadn't been any elite guards to knock down ;)

On my way to the lair I passed through a shop run by a female thief who had a purse, I think. I was too busy following my target and staying out of sight to steal it then, and on my way back she seemed to have completely disappeared so her purse was unobtainable. Is that right, or is she hiding somewhere?

Regarding Hedda:

Spoiler

She is just carrying a key to the small cash box behind the counter and that box is pickable.

I found loot items in

Reveal hidden contents

two birds' nests

Very good;

Spoiler

There are actually three nests in the mission.

and managed to perform some

Reveal hidden contents

post mortem dentistry

to get some more!

Spoiler

Haha, very good! Not much loot vise, but a fun/morbid touch

Despite scouring the map, I don't think I found the

Reveal hidden contents

test room with white walls and four switches

mentioned above.  Could I have a hint please?

Spoiler

To find the room you need to use the console command NOCLIP and fly around like an angel and look out for a well lit room God created as a test piece to easy test stuff in His almighty creation ;) In other words, nothing the player should see.

Spoiler

As a sidenote, regarding the aformentioned dentistry, the teeth are bound to those loot items Tarhiel mentioned were stuck in the wall. That's because I didn't bother to tweak the teeth to become loot. I just bound them to some random loot, and hid that loot inside the wall, away from the player. Just a dirty hack to make my life easier.

• Like 1

Congrats on the mission!

Unfortunately I get segfaults near the Greasy Hog. My hardware is pretty old, but works on most missions.

Console dump:

Spoiler

~/darkmod$ ./thedarkmod.x64
TDM 2.10/64 #9845 (1435:9845) linux-x86_64 Feb  8 2022 10:03:25
/proc/cpuinfo CPU frequency: 1450.04 MHz
1450 MHz Intel CPU with SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 & SSSE3 & SSE41 & AVX
found interface lo - loopback
found interface wlp3s0 - 10.10.10.xx/255.255.255.0
found interface wlp3s0 - 10.10.10.xy/255.255.255.0
Found Intel CPU, features: SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 AVX
TDM using AVX for SIMD processing.
Found 0 new missions and 0 packages.
------ Initializing File System ------
Current search path:
  /home/someuser/darkmod/fms/wwtw
  /home/someuser/darkmod/fms/wwtw/wwtw.pk4 (480 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_wood01.pk4 (376 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_window01.pk4 (391 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_sculpted01.pk4 (463 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_natural01.pk4 (133 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_flat01.pk4 (302 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_cobblestones01.pk4 (226 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_brick01.pk4 (520 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_sfx01.pk4 (69 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_roof01.pk4 (72 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_plaster01.pk4 (142 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_paint_paper01.pk4 (63 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_other01.pk4 (127 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_nature01.pk4 (287 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_metal01.pk4 (497 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_glass01.pk4 (51 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_fabric01.pk4 (43 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_door01.pk4 (177 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_decals01.pk4 (466 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_carpet01.pk4 (92 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_base01.pk4 (421 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_standalone.pk4 (4 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals_decls01.pk4 (32 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals07.pk4 (1111 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals06.pk4 (696 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals05.pk4 (119 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals04.pk4 (2869 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals03.pk4 (743 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals02.pk4 (1299 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals01.pk4 (82 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_sfx02.pk4 (605 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_sfx01.pk4 (971 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient_decls01.pk4 (8 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient03.pk4 (24 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient02.pk4 (163 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient01.pk4 (220 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_prefabs01.pk4 (977 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_player01.pk4 (125 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_models_decls01.pk4 (103 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_models02.pk4 (2059 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_models01.pk4 (3179 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_gui_credits01.pk4 (49 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_gui01.pk4 (727 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_fonts01.pk4 (696 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_env01.pk4 (152 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_defs01.pk4 (189 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_base01.pk4 (209 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_steambots01.pk4 (31 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_monsters_spiders01.pk4 (80 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_undead01.pk4 (55 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_townsfolk01.pk4 (104 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_pagans01.pk4 (10 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_nobles01.pk4 (48 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_mages01.pk4 (8 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_heads01.pk4 (100 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_guards01.pk4 (378 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_females01.pk4 (172 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_builders01.pk4 (91 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_beasts02.pk4 (229 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_beasts01.pk4 (23 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_base01.pk4 (9 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_animals01.pk4 (82 files)
File System Initialized.
--------------------------------------
Couldn't open journal files
/proc/cpuinfo CPU processors: 2
/proc/cpuinfo CPU logical cores: 4
----- Initializing Decls -----
WARNING:file skins/tdm_gen_wood.skin, line 439: skin 'doorframe_rough_wood_brown_dull' previously defined at skins/deteeff.skin:1429
------------------------------
I18N: SetLanguage: 'english'.
I18N: Found no character remapping for english.
I18N: 1317 strings read from strings/english.lang
I18N: 'strings/fm/english.lang' not found.
Couldn't exec editor.cfg - file does not exist.
execing default.cfg
Gamepad modifier button assigned to 6
execing Darkmod.cfg
execing DarkmodKeybinds.cfg
execing DarkmodPadbinds.cfg
Couldn't exec autoexec.cfg - file does not exist.
----- Initializing OpenAL -----
Setup OpenAL device and context
OpenAL: found device 'ALSA Default' [ACTIVE]
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog (CARD=PCH,DEV=0)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0 (CARD=PCH,DEV=3)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1 (CARD=PCH,DEV=7)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2 (CARD=PCH,DEV=8)'
OpenAL: device 'ALSA Default' opened successfully
OpenAL: HRTF is available
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.21.1
OpenAL: found EFX extension
OpenAL: HRTF is enabled (reason: 1 = ALC_HRTF_ENABLED_SOFT)
OpenAL: found 256 hardware voices
----- Initializing OpenGL -----
Initializing OpenGL display
Borderless fullscreen - using current video mode for monitor 0: 1600 x 900
...initializing QGL

------- Input Initialization -------
------------------------------------
OpenGL vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2)
OpenGL version: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.6 core
Checking required OpenGL features...
v - using GL_VERSION_3_3
v - using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
Checking optional OpenGL extensions...
v - using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
    maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
X - GL_ARB_stencil_texturing not found
X - GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test not found
v - using GL_ARB_buffer_storage
v - using GL_ARB_texture_storage
X - GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect not found
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding
X - GL_ARB_bindless_texture not found
X - GL_ARB_compatibility not found
v - using GL_KHR_debug
Max active texture units in fragment shader: 16
Max combined texture units: 48
Max anti-aliasing samples: 4
Max geometry output vertices: 256
Max geometry output components: 1024
Max vertex attribs: 16
---------- R_ReloadGLSLPrograms_f -----------
Linking GLSL program cubeMap ...
Linking GLSL program bumpyEnvironment ...
Linking GLSL program depthAlpha ...
Linking GLSL program fog ...
Linking GLSL program oldStage ...
Linking GLSL program blend ...
Linking GLSL program stencilshadow ...
Linking GLSL program shadowMapA ...
Linking GLSL program shadowMapN ...
Linking GLSL program shadowMapNG ...
Linking GLSL program ambientInteraction ...
Linking GLSL program interactionStencil ...
Linking GLSL program interactionShadowMaps ...
WARNING:Compiling shader file interactionMultiLight.fs failed:
0:15(10): error: GLSL 4.00 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.40, 1.50, 3.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

File indexes:
  0 - interactionMultiLight.fs
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

WARNING:Failed to attach shader interactionMultiLight.fs to program interactionMultiLight.

Linking GLSL program interactionMultiLight ...
Linking GLSL program frob ...
Linking GLSL program soft_particle ...
Linking GLSL program tonemap ...
Linking GLSL program gaussian_blur ...
Linking GLSL program volumetric ...
---------------------------------
Font fonts/english/stone in size 12 not found, using size 24 instead.
--------- Initializing Game ----------
The Dark Mod 2.10/64, linux-x86_64, code revision 9845
Build date: Feb  8 2022
WARNING:file def/tdm_ai_ambient.def, line 13: entityDef 'atdm:ambient_citywatch' previously defined at def/hanged.def:154
Initializing event system
...866 event definitions
Initializing class hierarchy
...172 classes, 1718144 bytes for event callbacks
Initializing scripts
---------- Compile stats ----------

Memory usage:
     Strings: 48, 7640 bytes
  Statements: 20906, 836240 bytes
   Functions: 1309, 170372 bytes
   Variables: 96648 bytes
    Mem used: 2076488 bytes
 Static data: 3989840 bytes
   Allocated: 5067716 bytes
 Thread size: 7904 bytes

Maximum object size: 884
Largest object type name: weapon_arrow
...6 aas types
game initialized.
Parsing material files
Found 128 mods in the FM folder.
Parsed 128 mission declarations.
No 'tdm_mapsequence.txt' file found for the current mod: wwtw
-------- Initializing Session --------
session initialized
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
------------- Warnings ---------------
during The Dark Mod initialization...
0:15(10): error: GLSL 4.00 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.40, 1.50, 3.30, 1.00 ES, and 3.00 ES

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

WARNING:Failed to attach shader interactionMultiLight.fs to program interactionMultiLight.

WARNING:file def/tdm_ai_ambient.def, line 13: entityDef 'atdm:ambient_citywatch' previously defined at def/hanged.def:154
WARNING:file skins/tdm_gen_wood.skin, line 439: skin 'doorframe_rough_wood_brown_dull' previously defined at skins/deteeff.skin:1429
4 warnings
WARNING: terminal type 'xterm-256color' is unknown. terminal support may not work correctly
terminal support enabled ( use +set in_tty 0 to disabled )
pid: 79275
Async thread started
Couldn't exec autocommands.cfg - file does not exist.
reloading guis/msg.gui.
reloading guis/mainmenu.gui.
--------- Map Initialization ---------
Map: wwtw
------- Game Map Init SaveGame -------

Memory usage:
     Strings: 49, 7736 bytes
  Statements: 23120, 924800 bytes
   Functions: 1412, 183456 bytes
   Variables: 110716 bytes
    Mem used: 2256600 bytes
   Allocated: 5161640 bytes

collision data:
  3338 models
311780 vertices (7307 KB)
548610 edges (19287 KB)
232517 polygons (17155 KB)
 17774 brushes (2512 KB)
 78200 nodes (3665 KB)
345212 polygon refs (5393 KB)
 56872 brush refs (888 KB)
147555 internal edges
  5905 sharp edges
     0 contained polygons removed
     0 polygons merged
 56210 KB total memory used
1779 msec to load collision data.
map bounds are (16720.0, 10864.0, 2000.0)
max clip sector is (522.5, 339.5, 500.0)
   57 KB passage memory used to build PVS
   11 msec to calculate PVS
  151 areas
  442 portals
    9 areas visible on average
    2 KB PVS data
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas48
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas96
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas32
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas100
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas_rat
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas_elemental
WARNING:ConvertLWOToModelSurfaces: model 'models/darkmod/decorative/model_brig_high.lwo' has 12/8734 nontriangular polygons. Make sure you triplet it down
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'sound/ambient/environmental/dd_owl_01.ogg' using default
  [map entity: ambient_sounds_0]
  [decl: wwtw_city_ambient in sound/wwtw.sndshd]
  [sound: sound/ambient/environmental/dd_owl_01.ogg]
No running thread for RestoreScriptObject(), creating new one.
----- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad -----
    0 models purged from previous level,  4806 models kept.
---------------------------------------------------
----- idImageManager::EndLevelLoad -----
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/decals/coppergrove_logo/coppergrove_logo
  [model: func_static_6078]
  [decl: textures/deteeff/decals/coppergrove_logo in materials/wwtw.mtr]
  [image: textures/decals/coppergrove_logo/coppergrove_logo]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/rivet_strip01_s
  [model: MerryChest5Body]
  [decl: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/rivet_strip01 in materials/tdm_metal_detailed.mtr]
  [image: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/rivet_strip01_s]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_moonlit_s
  [model: func_static_861]
  [decl: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_unlit in materials/tdm_windows.mtr]
  [image: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_moonlit_s]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_moonlit
  [image: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_moonlit]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: textures/mcity/mcityplain6
  [model: _area21]
  [decl: textures/mcity/mcityplain6 in <implicit file>]
  [image: textures/mcity/mcityplain6]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: window_side_2
  [map entity: func_static_102]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/modules/exteriors/ext_timber01/ext_timber01_window02_shuttered.lwo]
  [decl: window_side_2 in <implicit file>]
  [image: window_side_2]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_local
  [map entity: func_static_1270]
  [model: models/darkmod/lights/extinguishable/candle_set02_1.lwo]
  [decl: models/darkmod/props/textures/candles/candle02 in materials/tdm_models_lights.mtr]
  [image: models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_local]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: scale( models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_add, 0.75, 1, 0.75, 1)
  [decl: models/darkmod/props/textures/candles/candle02 in materials/tdm_models_lights.mtr]
  [image: scale( models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_add, 0.75, 1, 0.75, 1)]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: transformer_needle
  [map entity: func_static_1489]
  [decl: arc_transformer_001_on in skins/tdm_epi_skins.skin]
  [decl: transformer_needle in <implicit file>]
  [image: transformer_needle]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: arms_legs
  [map entity: civilian_4sdfdsf]
  [decl: atdm:ai_merchant01 in def/tdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner.def]
  [decl: atdm:ai_townsfolk_commoner in def/tdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner.def]
  [decl: tdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner in def/tdm_ai_townsfolk_commoner.def]
  [model: models/md5/chars/townsfolk/commoner/tdm_townsfolk_commoner.md5mesh]
  [decl: arms_legs in <implicit file>]
  [image: arms_legs]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: rope_belt
  [decl: rope_belt in <implicit file>]
  [image: rope_belt]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: belt
  [decl: belt in <implicit file>]
  [image: belt]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/props/textures/plaster_normal
  [map entity: func_static_2419]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/buildings/tudor_buildings/building2.lwo]
  [decl: tudor01_plaster in materials/tdm_models_architecture.mtr]
  [image: models/darkmod/props/textures/plaster_normal]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/guards/citywatch/citywatch_armor_poor_ed
  [map entity: citywatch_12]
  [decl: atdm:ai_head03_citywatch_poor in def/tdm_ai_heads_springheel.def]
  [decl: heads/head_citywatch_poor_lowshadows in skins/tdm_ai_heads.skin]
  [decl: models/md5/chars/guards/citywatch/citywatch_armor_poor_noshadows in materials/tdm_ai_citywatch.mtr]
  [image: models/md5/chars/guards/citywatch/citywatch_armor_poor_ed]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: tdm_tongue
  [map entity: crowd_17]
  [decl: atdm:ai_townsfolk_female in def/tdm_ai_townsfolk_female.def]
  [decl: atdm:ai_head_female02_base_brunette in def/tdm_ai_heads_springheel.def]
  [decl: female_head02 in def/tdm_ai_heads_springheel.def]
  [model: models/md5/chars/heads/npcs/female_head02.md5mesh]
  [decl: tdm_tongue in <implicit file>]
  [image: tdm_tongue]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/props/textures/
  [map entity: func_static_2900]
  [decl: builder_priest in skins/tdm_decorative_wall.skin]
  [decl: painting_merry14 in materials/tdm_models_decorative_wall.mtr]
  [image: models/darkmod/props/textures/]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: tudor01_doorwin_mix
  [map entity: func_static_4121]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/buildings/tudor_buildings/building4.lwo]
  [decl: tudor01_doorwin_mix in <implicit file>]
  [image: tudor01_doorwin_mix]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: nodraw
  [map entity: func_static_5089]
  [decl: lamp_unlit_transparent in skins/tdm_lights.skin]
  [decl: nodraw in <implicit file>]
  [image: nodraw]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: sleeve_frill
  [map entity: crowd_12]
  [decl: atdm:ai_townsfolk_wench in def/tdm_ai_townsfolk_wench.def]
  [decl: wench/default in skins/tdm_ai_townsfolk_wench.skin]
  [decl: sleeve_frill in <implicit file>]
  [image: sleeve_frill]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: sleeve
  [decl: sleeve in <implicit file>]
  [image: sleeve]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/wood/panels/panel_vase_painted_white_ns
  [map entity: func_static_6227]
  [decl: mansion_redwood in skins/tdm_models_architecture_modules.skin]
  [decl: models/darkmod/wood/panels/panel_vase_painted_white_ns in <implicit file>]
  [image: models/darkmod/wood/panels/panel_vase_painted_white_ns]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/nobles/noblewoman/wench_hands
  [map entity: atdm_ai_townsfolk_wench_1]
  [decl: wench/bare_feet in skins/tdm_ai_townsfolk_wench.skin]
  [decl: models/md5/chars/nobles/noblewoman/wench_hands in <implicit file>]
  [image: models/md5/chars/nobles/noblewoman/wench_hands]
WARNING:Couldn't load image: bed_main
  [map entity: func_static_6822]
  [model: models/darkmod/furniture/beds/builder_bed02_ornate.lwo]
  [decl: bed_main in <implicit file>]
  [image: bed_main]
    0 purged from previous
  208 kept from previous
 2763 new loaded
all images loaded in  17.3 seconds
----------------------------------------

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

Linking GLSL program depth ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_ambient ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_stencil ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_shadowmap ...
WARNING:Compiling shader file stages/interaction/manylight.frag.glsl failed:

File indexes:
  0 - stages/interaction/manylight.frag.glsl
  1 - stages/interaction/manylight.params.glsl
  2 - stages/interaction/manylight.shadowmap.glsl
  3 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

WARNING:Failed to attach shader stages/interaction/manylight.frag.glsl to program manylight.

Linking GLSL program manylight ...
Linking GLSL program stencil_shadow ...
Linking GLSL program shadow_map ...
Linking GLSL program frob_silhouette ...
Linking GLSL program frob_highlight ...
Linking GLSL program frob_extrude ...
Linking GLSL program frob_apply ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithDepth ...
Linking GLSL program HeatHazeWithMaskAndDepth ...
Linking GLSL program ambientEnvironment ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithMaskAndBlur ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithMaskAndDepth ...
Linking GLSL program heatHaze ...
----- idSoundCache::EndLevelLoad -----
325998k referenced
  125k purged
Loading EFX effect for location 'old_apartments' (#1)
Loading EFX effect for location 'apartments' (#2)
Loading EFX effect for location 'streets' (#3)
Loading EFX effect for location 'ballroom' (#4)
Loading EFX effect for location 'tenements_1' (#5)
Loading EFX effect for location 'tenements_2' (#6)
Loading EFX effect for location 'tudorhouse_1' (#7)
Loading EFX effect for location 'preston_apartment' (#8)
Loading EFX effect for location 'basement' (#9)
Loading EFX effect for location 'authors_house' (#10)
Loading EFX effect for location 'glass_blowers_house' (#11)
Loading EFX effect for location 'cabinet_room' (#12)
Loading EFX effect for location 'industrial_zone' (#13)
Loading EFX effect for location 'church' (#14)
Loading EFX effect for location 'shop' (#15)
Loading EFX effect for location 'behind_shop' (#16)
Loading EFX effect for location 'digged' (#17)
Loading EFX effect for location 'servicetunnels' (#18)
Loading EFX effect for location 'warehouse_wood' (#19)
Loading EFX effect for location 'warehouse_stone' (#20)
Loading EFX effect for location 'greynards_bedroom' (#21)
Loading EFX effect for location 'interrogation_room' (#22)
Loading EFX effect for location 'ventilation' (#23)
sound: found efxs/wwtw.efx
-----------------------------------
 31306 msec to load wwtw
Interaction table generated: size = 0/512
Initial counts:  10923 entities  422 lightDefs  9120 entityDefs
during wwtw...

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

File indexes:
  3 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

WARNING:ConvertLWOToModelSurfaces: model 'models/darkmod/decorative/model_brig_high.lwo' has 12/8734 nontriangular polygons. Make sure you triplet it down
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/darkmod/wood/panels/panel_vase_painted_white_ns
WARNING:Couldn't load image: models/md5/chars/guards/citywatch/citywatch_armor_poor_ed
WARNING:Couldn't load image: scale( models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_add, 0.75, 1, 0.75, 1)
WARNING:Couldn't load sound 'sound/ambient/environmental/dd_owl_01.ogg' using default

WARNING:Failed to attach shader stages/interaction/manylight.frag.glsl to program manylight.

29 warnings
Resizing dynamic VertexCache: index 4096 kb -> 4096 kb, vertex 4096 kb -> 8192 kb
Linking GLSL program environment ...
Switching to EFX 'streets' (#3)
WARNING:Already have an attachment at hand_r, skipping frame command.
Restarting ambient sound snd_streets'(city_streets01_loop) with volume 0
WARNING:Cannot find attachment 'card' to destroy in animation.
Resizing dynamic VertexCache: index 4096 kb -> 8192 kb, vertex 4096 kb -> 8192 kb
signal caught: Segmentation fault
si_code 1
Trying to exit gracefully..
--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------
ModelGenerator memory: 85 LOD entries with 144 users using 42655 bytes, memory saved: 56267 bytes.
WARNING:idClipModel::FreeTraceModel: tried to free uncached trace model (index=0)
--------- Game Map Shutdown done -----
Shutting down sound hardware
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
...shutting down QGL
I18NLocal: Shutdown.
------------ Game Shutdown -----------
ModelGenerator memory: No LOD entries.
Shutdown event system
shutdown terminal support
About to exit with code 0
~/darkmod$

5 hours ago, hanmin said:

Congrats on the mission!

Unfortunately I get segfaults near the Greasy Hog. My hardware is pretty old, but works on most missions.

Console dump:

Reveal hidden contents

~/darkmod$ ./thedarkmod.x64
TDM 2.10/64 #9845 (1435:9845) linux-x86_64 Feb  8 2022 10:03:25
/proc/cpuinfo CPU frequency: 1450.04 MHz
1450 MHz Intel CPU with SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 & SSSE3 & SSE41 & AVX
found interface lo - loopback
found interface wlp3s0 - 10.10.10.xx/255.255.255.0
found interface wlp3s0 - 10.10.10.xy/255.255.255.0
Found Intel CPU, features: SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 AVX
TDM using AVX for SIMD processing.
------ Initializing File System ------
Current search path:
  /home/someuser/darkmod/fms/wwtw
  /home/someuser/darkmod/fms/wwtw/wwtw.pk4 (480 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_wood01.pk4 (376 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_window01.pk4 (391 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_sculpted01.pk4 (463 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_natural01.pk4 (133 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_flat01.pk4 (302 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_cobblestones01.pk4 (226 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_stone_brick01.pk4 (520 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_sfx01.pk4 (69 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_roof01.pk4 (72 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_plaster01.pk4 (142 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_paint_paper01.pk4 (63 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_other01.pk4 (127 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_nature01.pk4 (287 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_metal01.pk4 (497 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_glass01.pk4 (51 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_fabric01.pk4 (43 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_door01.pk4 (177 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_decals01.pk4 (466 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_carpet01.pk4 (92 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_textures_base01.pk4 (421 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_standalone.pk4 (4 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals_decls01.pk4 (32 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals07.pk4 (1111 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals06.pk4 (696 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals05.pk4 (119 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals04.pk4 (2869 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals03.pk4 (743 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals02.pk4 (1299 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_vocals01.pk4 (82 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_sfx02.pk4 (605 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_sfx01.pk4 (971 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient_decls01.pk4 (8 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient03.pk4 (24 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient02.pk4 (163 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_sound_ambient01.pk4 (220 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_prefabs01.pk4 (977 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_player01.pk4 (125 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_models_decls01.pk4 (103 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_models02.pk4 (2059 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_models01.pk4 (3179 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_gui_credits01.pk4 (49 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_gui01.pk4 (727 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_fonts01.pk4 (696 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_env01.pk4 (152 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_defs01.pk4 (189 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_base01.pk4 (209 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_steambots01.pk4 (31 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_monsters_spiders01.pk4 (80 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_undead01.pk4 (55 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_townsfolk01.pk4 (104 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_pagans01.pk4 (10 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_nobles01.pk4 (48 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_mages01.pk4 (8 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_heads01.pk4 (100 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_guards01.pk4 (378 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_females01.pk4 (172 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_builders01.pk4 (91 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_beasts02.pk4 (229 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_humanoid_beasts01.pk4 (23 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_base01.pk4 (9 files)
  /home/someuser/darkmod/tdm_ai_animals01.pk4 (82 files)
File System Initialized.
Couldn't open journal files
/proc/cpuinfo CPU processors: 2
/proc/cpuinfo CPU logical cores: 4
----- Initializing Decls -----
------------------------------
Couldn't exec editor.cfg - file does not exist.
execing default.cfg
execing Darkmod.cfg
execing DarkmodKeybinds.cfg
execing DarkmodPadbinds.cfg
Couldn't exec autoexec.cfg - file does not exist.
----- Initializing OpenAL -----
Setup OpenAL device and context
OpenAL: found device 'ALSA Default' [ACTIVE]
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, CX20590 Analog (CARD=PCH,DEV=0)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 0 (CARD=PCH,DEV=3)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 1 (CARD=PCH,DEV=7)'
OpenAL: found device 'HDA Intel PCH, HDMI 2 (CARD=PCH,DEV=8)'
OpenAL: device 'ALSA Default' opened successfully
OpenAL: HRTF is available
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Operation not permitted (1)
OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.21.1
OpenAL: found EFX extension
OpenAL: HRTF is enabled (reason: 1 = ALC_HRTF_ENABLED_SOFT)
OpenAL: found 256 hardware voices
----- Initializing OpenGL -----
Initializing OpenGL display
Borderless fullscreen - using current video mode for monitor 0: 1600 x 900
...initializing QGL

------- Input Initialization -------
------------------------------------
OpenGL vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer: Mesa DRI Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 (SNB GT2)
OpenGL version: 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.2.6 core
Checking required OpenGL features...
v - using GL_VERSION_3_3
v - using GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc
Checking optional OpenGL extensions...
v - using GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic
    maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
X - GL_ARB_stencil_texturing not found
X - GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test not found
v - using GL_ARB_buffer_storage
v - using GL_ARB_texture_storage
X - GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect not found
v - using GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding
X - GL_ARB_bindless_texture not found
X - GL_ARB_compatibility not found
v - using GL_KHR_debug
Max active texture units in fragment shader: 16
Max combined texture units: 48
Max anti-aliasing samples: 4
Max geometry output vertices: 256
Max geometry output components: 1024
Max vertex attribs: 16
---------- R_ReloadGLSLPrograms_f -----------

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

---------------------------------
Font fonts/english/stone in size 12 not found, using size 24 instead.
--------- Initializing Game ----------
The Dark Mod 2.10/64, linux-x86_64, code revision 9845
Build date: Feb  8 2022
Initializing event system
...866 event definitions
Initializing class hierarchy
...172 classes, 1718144 bytes for event callbacks
Initializing scripts

Memory usage:
     Strings: 48, 7640 bytes
  Statements: 20906, 836240 bytes
   Functions: 1309, 170372 bytes
   Variables: 96648 bytes
    Mem used: 2076488 bytes
   Allocated: 5067716 bytes

Maximum object size: 884
Largest object type name: weapon_arrow
...6 aas types
game initialized.
Parsing material files
Parsed 128 mission declarations.
No 'tdm_mapsequence.txt' file found for the current mod: wwtw
-------- Initializing Session --------
session initialized
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason_glow in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 12 not found, using size 48 instead.
Font fonts/english/mason in size 24 not found, using size 48 instead.
--- Common Initialization Complete ---
during The Dark Mod initialization...

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

4 warnings
WARNING: terminal type 'xterm-256color' is unknown. terminal support may not work correctly
terminal support enabled ( use +set in_tty 0 to disabled )
pid: 79275
Async thread started
Couldn't exec autocommands.cfg - file does not exist.
reloading guis/msg.gui.
reloading guis/mainmenu.gui.
--------- Map Initialization ---------
Map: wwtw
------- Game Map Init SaveGame -------

Memory usage:
     Strings: 49, 7736 bytes
  Statements: 23120, 924800 bytes
   Functions: 1412, 183456 bytes
   Variables: 110716 bytes
    Mem used: 2256600 bytes
   Allocated: 5161640 bytes

collision data:
  3338 models
311780 vertices (7307 KB)
548610 edges (19287 KB)
232517 polygons (17155 KB)
 17774 brushes (2512 KB)
 78200 nodes (3665 KB)
345212 polygon refs (5393 KB)
 56872 brush refs (888 KB)
147555 internal edges
  5905 sharp edges
     0 contained polygons removed
     0 polygons merged
 56210 KB total memory used
1779 msec to load collision data.
map bounds are (16720.0, 10864.0, 2000.0)
max clip sector is (522.5, 339.5, 500.0)
   57 KB passage memory used to build PVS
   11 msec to calculate PVS
  151 areas
  442 portals
    9 areas visible on average
    2 KB PVS data
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas48
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas96
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas32
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas100
done.
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas_rat
[Load AAS]
loading maps/wwtw.aas_elemental
  [map entity: ambient_sounds_0]
  [decl: wwtw_city_ambient in sound/wwtw.sndshd]
  [sound: sound/ambient/environmental/dd_owl_01.ogg]
No running thread for RestoreScriptObject(), creating new one.
----- idRenderModelManagerLocal::EndLevelLoad -----
    0 models purged from previous level,  4806 models kept.
---------------------------------------------------
----- idImageManager::EndLevelLoad -----
  [model: func_static_6078]
  [decl: textures/deteeff/decals/coppergrove_logo in materials/wwtw.mtr]
  [image: textures/decals/coppergrove_logo/coppergrove_logo]
  [model: MerryChest5Body]
  [decl: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/rivet_strip01 in materials/tdm_metal_detailed.mtr]
  [image: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/rivet_strip01_s]
  [image: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_moonlit_s]
  [image: textures/darkmod/window/metal_grated_moonlit]
  [model: _area21]
  [decl: textures/mcity/mcityplain6 in <implicit file>]
  [image: textures/mcity/mcityplain6]
  [map entity: func_static_102]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/modules/exteriors/ext_timber01/ext_timber01_window02_shuttered.lwo]
  [decl: window_side_2 in <implicit file>]
  [image: window_side_2]
  [image: models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_local]
  [image: scale( models/darkmod/props/textures/candle02_add, 0.75, 1, 0.75, 1)]
  [map entity: func_static_1489]
  [decl: arc_transformer_001_on in skins/tdm_epi_skins.skin]
  [decl: transformer_needle in <implicit file>]
  [image: transformer_needle]
  [decl: arms_legs in <implicit file>]
  [image: arms_legs]
  [decl: rope_belt in <implicit file>]
  [image: rope_belt]
  [decl: belt in <implicit file>]
  [image: belt]
  [map entity: func_static_2419]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/buildings/tudor_buildings/building2.lwo]
  [decl: tudor01_plaster in materials/tdm_models_architecture.mtr]
  [image: models/darkmod/props/textures/plaster_normal]
  [map entity: citywatch_12]
  [decl: atdm:ai_head03_citywatch_poor in def/tdm_ai_heads_springheel.def]
  [decl: heads/head_citywatch_poor_lowshadows in skins/tdm_ai_heads.skin]
  [decl: models/md5/chars/guards/citywatch/citywatch_armor_poor_noshadows in materials/tdm_ai_citywatch.mtr]
  [image: models/md5/chars/guards/citywatch/citywatch_armor_poor_ed]
  [map entity: crowd_17]
  [decl: atdm:ai_townsfolk_female in def/tdm_ai_townsfolk_female.def]
  [decl: atdm:ai_head_female02_base_brunette in def/tdm_ai_heads_springheel.def]
  [decl: female_head02 in def/tdm_ai_heads_springheel.def]
  [model: models/md5/chars/heads/npcs/female_head02.md5mesh]
  [decl: tdm_tongue in <implicit file>]
  [image: tdm_tongue]
  [map entity: func_static_2900]
  [decl: builder_priest in skins/tdm_decorative_wall.skin]
  [decl: painting_merry14 in materials/tdm_models_decorative_wall.mtr]
  [image: models/darkmod/props/textures/]
  [map entity: func_static_4121]
  [model: models/darkmod/architecture/buildings/tudor_buildings/building4.lwo]
  [decl: tudor01_doorwin_mix in <implicit file>]
  [image: tudor01_doorwin_mix]
  [map entity: func_static_5089]
  [decl: lamp_unlit_transparent in skins/tdm_lights.skin]
  [decl: nodraw in <implicit file>]
  [image: nodraw]
  [decl: sleeve_frill in <implicit file>]
  [image: sleeve_frill]
  [decl: sleeve in <implicit file>]
  [image: sleeve]
  [map entity: func_static_6227]
  [decl: mansion_redwood in skins/tdm_models_architecture_modules.skin]
  [decl: models/darkmod/wood/panels/panel_vase_painted_white_ns in <implicit file>]
  [image: models/darkmod/wood/panels/panel_vase_painted_white_ns]
  [map entity: atdm_ai_townsfolk_wench_1]
  [decl: wench/bare_feet in skins/tdm_ai_townsfolk_wench.skin]
  [decl: models/md5/chars/nobles/noblewoman/wench_hands in <implicit file>]
  [image: models/md5/chars/nobles/noblewoman/wench_hands]
  [map entity: func_static_6822]
  [model: models/darkmod/furniture/beds/builder_bed02_ornate.lwo]
  [decl: bed_main in <implicit file>]
  [image: bed_main]
    0 purged from previous
  208 kept from previous
 2763 new loaded
all images loaded in  17.3 seconds

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

Linking GLSL program depth ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_ambient ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_stencil ...
Linking GLSL program interaction_shadowmap ...

File indexes:
  3 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

Linking GLSL program manylight ...
Linking GLSL program stencil_shadow ...
Linking GLSL program shadow_map ...
Linking GLSL program frob_silhouette ...
Linking GLSL program frob_highlight ...
Linking GLSL program frob_extrude ...
Linking GLSL program frob_apply ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithDepth ...
Linking GLSL program HeatHazeWithMaskAndDepth ...
Linking GLSL program ambientEnvironment ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithMaskAndBlur ...
Linking GLSL program heatHazeWithMaskAndDepth ...
Linking GLSL program heatHaze ...
----- idSoundCache::EndLevelLoad -----
325998k referenced
  125k purged
Loading EFX effect for location 'old_apartments' (#1)
Loading EFX effect for location 'apartments' (#2)
Loading EFX effect for location 'streets' (#3)
Loading EFX effect for location 'ballroom' (#4)
Loading EFX effect for location 'tenements_1' (#5)
Loading EFX effect for location 'tenements_2' (#6)
Loading EFX effect for location 'tudorhouse_1' (#7)
Loading EFX effect for location 'preston_apartment' (#8)
Loading EFX effect for location 'basement' (#9)
Loading EFX effect for location 'authors_house' (#10)
Loading EFX effect for location 'glass_blowers_house' (#11)
Loading EFX effect for location 'cabinet_room' (#12)
Loading EFX effect for location 'industrial_zone' (#13)
Loading EFX effect for location 'church' (#14)
Loading EFX effect for location 'shop' (#15)
Loading EFX effect for location 'behind_shop' (#16)
Loading EFX effect for location 'digged' (#17)
Loading EFX effect for location 'servicetunnels' (#18)
Loading EFX effect for location 'warehouse_wood' (#19)
Loading EFX effect for location 'warehouse_stone' (#20)
Loading EFX effect for location 'greynards_bedroom' (#21)
Loading EFX effect for location 'interrogation_room' (#22)
Loading EFX effect for location 'ventilation' (#23)
sound: found efxs/wwtw.efx
-----------------------------------
 31306 msec to load wwtw
during wwtw...

File indexes:
  1 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

File indexes:
  3 - tdm_shadowmaps.glsl

29 warnings
Resizing dynamic VertexCache: index 4096 kb -> 4096 kb, vertex 4096 kb -> 8192 kb
Linking GLSL program environment ...
Switching to EFX 'streets' (#3)
Restarting ambient sound snd_streets'(city_streets01_loop) with volume 0
Resizing dynamic VertexCache: index 4096 kb -> 8192 kb, vertex 4096 kb -> 8192 kb
signal caught: Segmentation fault
si_code 1
Trying to exit gracefully..
--------- Game Map Shutdown ----------
ModelGenerator memory: 85 LOD entries with 144 users using 42655 bytes, memory saved: 56267 bytes.
WARNING:idClipModel::FreeTraceModel: tried to free uncached trace model (index=0)
--------- Game Map Shutdown done -----
Shutting down sound hardware
idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
...shutting down QGL
I18NLocal: Shutdown.
------------ Game Shutdown -----------
ModelGenerator memory: No LOD entries.
Shutdown event system
shutdown terminal support
About to exit with code 0
~/darkmod$

Thanks for playing! 

I'm no programmer so sadly I don't know how to help you in this matter. Which difficultiy are you playing? It's a quite crowded place, especially on Bustling and perhaps it's the amount of AI that kills your setup? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DeTeEff said:

Thanks for playing! 

I'm no programmer so sadly I don't know how to help you in this matter. Which difficultiy are you playing? It's a quite crowded place, especially on Bustling and perhaps it's the amount of AI that kills your setup? 

Actually, I suspect that you might be able to do something about this. The last warnings, just before the segmentation fault, mentions failures to destroy cards. This leads me to believe that you have some guys playing cards in your map, and that you've set that card game up wrong somehow.

If I remember correctly, segmentation faults will usually happen when you destroy things in programs. It's when you destroy something, which has a pointer still pointing to it, and it happens because the item was the last item in a segment, and so the engine automatically removes that segment, and disallows anything pointing to it, and so when the pointer is still trying to access a forbidden segment, that's when you get a hard-to-pinpoint crash.

I don't know anything about card animations, but judging by these warnings, you are attempting to destroy cards, and then attach new cards that are already attached. Try not doing that. I think that the animation might already toggle the visibility/existence of one ever-existing card on and off automatically.

Edited by Nort

13 minutes ago, Nort said:

Actually, I suspect that you might be able to do something about this. The last warnings, just before the segmentation fault, mentions failures to destroy cards. This leads me to believe that you have some guys playing cards in your map, and that you've set that card game up wrong somehow.

If I remember correctly, segmentation faults will usually happen when you destroy things in programs. It's when you destroy something, which has a pointer still pointing to it, and it happens because the item was the last item in a segment, and so the engine automatically removes that segment, and disallows anything pointing to it, and so when the pointer is still trying to access a forbidden segment, that's when you get a hard-to-pinpoint crash.

I don't know anything about card animations, but judging by these warnings, you are attempting to destroy cards, and then attach new cards that are already attached. Try not doing that. I think that the animation might already toggle the visibility/existence of one ever-existing card on and off automatically.

I hear you and I know there's errors with the card players, but as there is tons of varnings and small errors in vanilla TDM and it hasn't caused any problems, neither for me or the betatesters, I have not put any effort into fixing that bug.

Spoiler

And the card players are situated at the end of the mission and are spawned at startup so I don't think it's they that are causing the crash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeTeEff said:

I hear you and I know there's errors with the card players, but as there is tons of varnings and small errors in vanilla TDM and it hasn't caused any problems, neither for me or the betatesters, I have not put any effort into fixing that bug.

Hide contents

And the card players are situated at the end of the mission and are spawned at startup so I don't think it's they that are causing the crash

Most of the console errors I can actually recognize as harmless, while the destruction of entities was what I was looking for, and wasn't surprised to find that they occured before the crash.

Yes, your other testers didn't encounter this problem, and it didn't occur at spawn. That is why segmentation crashes are so hard to pinpoint: They seem to happen at random, after a long while of playing, because they only happen when the item destroyed, was the last item in the segment. ...and so there is maybe a 1% chance of this crash occuring for all your players, at some point during the map.

Regarding the card players; there are two AI who play cards.

They are setup like this:

Each AI is first targeted to sit in their chair, then targeted to an path_anim "playcards_idle" and then to a path_anim "playcards_idle_draw" via a path_wait with randomizing seconds to wait to offset any sync between the two players. These two animations keep repeating until anything disturbs them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DeTeEff said:

Regarding the card players; there are two AI who play cards.

They are setup like this:

Each AI is first targeted to sit in their chair, then targeted to an path_anim "playcards_idle" and then to a path_anim "playcards_idle_draw" via a path_wait with randomizing seconds to wait to offset any sync between the two players. These two animations keep repeating until anything disturbs them.

Oh. So you're not manually destroying cards and reattaching them? Goddamnit... Then this crash needs to be reported to the devs, because then the devs f-ed up the default playcards animation.

Edited by Nort

When the AI is making the drawing animation, a card is automatically spawned in his hand as he moves it towards his cards in hand, then it disappears (destroys) but it's baked in the animation...

But don't kill any devs yet. I have found a prefab with card players (problably created by someone smarter than me), and they have a different setup than mine. I'll have to see if I can integrate their version into mine...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DeTeEff said:

When the AI is making the drawing animation, a card is automatically spawned in his hand as he moves it towards his cards in hand, then it disappears (destroys) but it's baked in the animation...

But don't kill any devs yet. I have found a prefab with card players (problably created by someone smarter than me), and they have a different setup than mine. I'll have to see if I can integrate their version into mine...

I still think that if it's baked into a default animation, that you should alert some dev to a segmentation fault occuring, with this animation being a possible cause, because segmentation fault crashes are horrible errors that need to be stomped out.

Spoiler

You need three parts of the evidence;

-The diary in the safe
-Any of the letters in the desk
-The torturers log, in the interrogation room.

@DeTeEffThank you for pointing out those thongs, I did not know when or on what to use them.
the crowbar was self-explanatory.

Regarding the evidence - I had all of those and I read all of those till the last page, yet the mission objective did not check-off as complete.

Edited by Tarhiel