The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Who Watches The Watcher? v1.0 by DeTeEff (2022/05/28)

DeTeEff

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, hightide said:

still trying to find 

Reveal hidden contents

evidence at the warehouse;

seems like I will need a key to 

Reveal hidden contents

the vents and maybe also tongs and a crowbar?

Some have had problems with the evidence (some bug), but you need:

Spoiler

Torturers log

Greynards diary 

One of Greynards letters

Regarding the tools:

Spoiler

They are located in the lab, among the tools on the ground. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What a beautiful FM! I definitely believe this is one of the best that was ever made so far. As a fan of cozy and realistic city building in TDM, the detail of the areas and architecture in this one had me captivated and inspired... a few indoor areas felt like they lack a bit of detail but especially the outdoors are formidable. The story and idea were also well put together, I like it when the environment also speaks for itself on what's happening. It's also not often that you get to stalk an AI to see where they go, albeit this made it a bit difficult as some of the areas you must go through are very well lit and it's not easy to put out all lights. I haven't been able to get through some locked doors so clearly I haven't found everything, beyond that I finished it fine.

Spoiler

There's one notable issue I'd like to point out: The player is able to get through some doors that are meant only for AI. Most notably the exit the corrupt guard leaves through: If you set the difficulty to low, you can walk past him before he closes it without alerting him to your presence. I found this by accident thinking I was meant to keep following him, then saw I gained access to an out of bounds area :D

634317801_wwtw(2022-11-1803-02-58)(-13558.6-1990.53-443.75).thumb.jpg.3ef48d2196c039dc9e8c245deb42b0d1.jpg

448289966_wwtw(2022-11-1803-03-14)(-12783.05-1533.07-443.75).thumb.jpg.43d8ecfa10a3cfa542ba6a7c9abda514.jpg

Same for a little room in the wooden tunnel which was left open for some reason, not sure if there are more.

1070199998_wwtw(2022-11-1804-34-44)(-8159.75385.38-251.75).thumb.jpg.1c48a50efe55c970954be40223390c81.jpg

I'd advice a player clip brush over those doors: It allows AI to go through just not the player. Forgot if I used it myself but am sure there was one and I at least saw it in DarkRadiant.

• 2 months later...
There is one piece of loot floating in a square off the 'test area', which i'm not sure is supposed to be there. It may be a case like the gold teeth in the decapitated head where a piece of loot is 'activated' by something else and put in the inventory, but if it is, i haven't found it.

As it is, i suspect people can't have max loot when finishing the mission. Edited by i30817

• 6 months later...

I really enjoyed this one, especially the very tense part stalking the watchman, I literally started sweating 😅
Absolutely loved sneaking around and exploring the bandit HQ as well 👍

But have to agree with some posters here that the very long start section was confusing and slightly frustrating, as there was no map and no indication where the target was located. I always found myself thinking I must have missed the pub - even if it was basically a very linear path to the objective it was in no way clear where the pub was located before getting there. It would've helped a lot with a map or some more specific directions, otherwise a player would start looking for the pub at the start like I did.

As for the final objective, I figured this was the only way to deal with these nasty scum:

Spoiler

m254fQi.jpg

It's a grisly job, but someone's got to do it I guess ... 😆

Edited by Shadrach

33 minutes ago, Shadrach said:

I really enjoyed this one, especially the very tense part stalking the watchman, I literally started sweating 😅
Absolutely loved sneaking around and exploring the bandit HQ as well 👍

But have to agree with some posters here that the very long start section was confusing and slightly frustrating, as there was no map and no indication where the target was located. I always found myself thinking I must have missed the pub - even if it was basically a very linear path to the objective it was in no way clear where the pub was located before getting there. It would've helped a lot with a map or some more specific directions, otherwise a player would start looking for the pub at the start like I did.

As for the final objective, I figured this was the only way to deal with these nasty scum:

Reveal hidden contents

m254fQi.jpg

It's a grisly job, but someone's got to do it I guess ... 😆

Glad you liked it!

Yes, there are parts that aren't optimal but I redesigned the level quite heavily during betatest; when I entered beta, it was meant for the player to stalk the Sergeant from the mission beginning, but that meant that the player couldn't explore anything up to the bar (until you backtrack later that is) and the testers thought that was a missed opportunity which I totally agree with. So I moved him to the bar and made the stalking part not start before you reached the bar. I could have included an ingame map but because the map is quite linear and I didn't think players would get lost, I didn't prioritise that :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Great mission! But I'm still looking to complete my loot and I can't find one tool I need to do so:

Spoiler

Can you tell me where the tongs for the head in the torture chamber are? I have read in this forum that I need them, but not where they are.