The Dark Mod Forums

TDM 2.11 (dev 16487-9919) does not want to launch

Gadavre

I installed vk redist x64 ( 2017-2022), but it didn't help. Procedure entry point not found....

Please help urgently... I would really like to play this game.  TDM 2.10 has no problems with the launch on windows 7

symget.png

Edited by Gadavre

• Gadavre changed the title to TDM 2.11 (dev 16487-9919) does not want to launch
33 minutes ago, duzenko said:

TLDR;

add "#undef TRACY_HAS_CALLSTACK" at the end of TracyCallstack.h

or update dbghelp.dll

I am not a programmer. I can't compile files. . Please give me the required files for this last version of the game

Edited by Gadavre

duzenko

I put the updated dbghelp.dll (v 10.0.16353.1000) file in the game package. But now a new problem has appeared (api-ms-win-crt-private-1-1-0.dll)  ... Please give me the entire  dll library of files to launch the game on windows 7

image.thumb.png.bec4219dc0f9564f0ad21119a9b8c8cb.png

Edited by Gadavre

3 hours ago, Gadavre said:

duzenko

I put the updated dbghelp.dll (v 10.0.16353.1000) file in the game package. But now a new problem has appeared (api-ms-win-crt-private-1-1-0.dll)  ... Please give me the entire  dll library of files to launch the game on windows 7

image.thumb.png.bec4219dc0f9564f0ad21119a9b8c8cb.png

To obtain the latest version of DbgHelp.dll, go to https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/windows-10-sdk and download Debugging Tools for Windows.

• Like 1

Yeah, one of the libraries does something which does not allow it to boot on Windows 7.
We hacked around it for 2.10 release, but for dev builds we returned back to clean state.

Actually, the developers of Tracy has changed the way it works, so if we update Tracy, the problem should go away.
Unless I forget about it, I hope it will be fixed in the next dev build, sorry.

P.S. Or you can actually try to update your dbghelp.dll by installing Windows 10 SDK.
Note that it would eat some hundreds of MB of space on your drive.

• Like 1

I can't help but be "that guy" who feels compelled to state that Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 a while ago. While I'm sure plenty of people feel it was the last best version of Windows, for the sake of support for newer software/hardware it seems prudent to point out that this is going to be a reoccurring issue until you move to something newer.

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

1 hour ago, Xolvix said:

I can't help but be "that guy" who feels compelled to state that Microsoft ended support for Windows 7 a while ago. While I'm sure plenty of people feel it was the last best version of Windows, for the sake of support for newer software/hardware it seems prudent to point out that this is going to be a reoccurring issue until you move to something newer.

Dude, I'm stuck with Windows 7, so if you're telling me that there will be issues with 2.11, I'm just not going to upgrade TDM or DR, ever. (...and no, I don't have hundreds of MB to spare on my drive either. It's full.)

Edited by Nort

Never say never. Eventually hardware will die and/or your tolerance for stuff no longer working due to newer software failing to run on older operating systems will force the issue. It's just the nature of modern computers.

• Like 1

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

9 minutes ago, Xolvix said:

Never say never. Eventually hardware will die and/or your tolerance for stuff no longer working due to newer software failing to run on older operating systems will force the issue. It's just the nature of modern computers.

I changed my internal clock battery, so it'll last me a couple of years more. I was thinking of buying a new computer, but then armageddon happened and apparently the computer prizes just shot up like crazy. ...and then there's a war with Russia, and then there's gonna be the oil crisis starting October, and after that zombies, and after that, you know, after the zombie apocalypse has killed everyone, and just me and Civvie 11 is left on the planet, then I figure I can just break in somewhere and get me a computer for free.

...so I'm holding out. I don't need a new version of The Dark Mod - it's good enough as it is. Once I've recreated my whole hometown in a map, then I might want to get more bells and whistles.

6 hours ago, Nort said:

Dude, I'm stuck with Windows 7, so if you're telling me that there will be issues with 2.11, I'm just not going to upgrade TDM or DR, ever. (...and no, I don't have hundreds of MB to spare on my drive either. It's full.)

1. TDM 2.11 should work perfectly on Windows 7. It is only dev builds which are affected, and I hope to fix that.
  2. There is no reason to avoid TDM updates: tdm_installer allows you to downgrade your installation if you find that new version has some critical issue.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, stgatilov said:
  1. TDM 2.11 should work perfectly on Windows 7. It is only dev builds which are affected, and I hope to fix that.
  2. There is no reason to avoid TDM updates: tdm_installer allows you to downgrade your installation if you find that new version has some critical issue.

Thank you! That is a HUGE relief for me. :)

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, stgatilov said:

Could anyone check if the just released dev build works?

I has no problem with it on Linux Mint.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

27 minutes ago, stgatilov said:

I'm asking the people who had the original problem, i.e. guys on rather vanilla Windows 7.

Like @Gadavre

Fine, I'll do it. Hold on.

Update: I assume that I am to download the newest build (dev/16498-9944) and not the titular dev/16498-9919.

Update: I am able to launch it and load a map just fine. There are no obvious error/warning messages in the Darkmod.log.

Edited by Nort