The Dark Mod Forums

xVASynth v2

Zerg Rush

xVASynth is an AI tool for generating high-quality voice acting lines using voices from video games. With hundreds of voices supported, across dozens of games, the app provides pitch, duration, and energy control at per-letter granularity.

adinHBk.png

The use of neural speech synthesis leads to natural sounding voices, something which is very difficult to do with more traditional methods involving concatenations of existing data. It also means new vocabulary can be generated, outside of what the voice actors have already read out.

OpenSource and free

https://github.com/DanRuta/xVA-Synth

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1765720/xVASynth_v2/

Widows 10

GPU 2 Gb, (if use GPU mode)

HD 10Gb

• Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

Wel, it should work also for windows 11 or older.  Just try it. It is free. (Its developed using python. So  it can be ported to older or other os'ses)

Wow, thats a nice app. After looking at some demo videos.

But what are audio rights, when using it for TDM?

Demo video:

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

5 hours ago, datiswous said:

Cool, so I can take voices from TDM to create new voice lines for in TDM. 😬

Yes, but as you can see in the demos, even big videogame characters like C&C:s Kane, with lots of voice data, produce fairly choppy lines. If the TDM lines fail, try basing them off of Troy Baker instead, or (for the protagonist) Stephen L. Russell and (for Benny the guard) Daniel Thron.

I'm sure that Mohammed wouldn't like his work to be defiled or burned either, but that typically falls under free artistic expression. Famous people have been exploited in this way since way before deepfakes came along - pretty much since idol posters were a thing.

Sorry.

I have put this app, because I think that not everyone here has easy access to a voice actor to create dialogue for the missions they create, this is a viable alternative. There is no infringement of possible copyright violations, since, unlike Deep Fake, the original voices are modified, changing tones and adapting it to the text. The AI is only based on one or more of the chosen voices.
This is more similar in voices to what ArtBreeder does with images, not DeepFake.

• Like 2

Sys Specs Laptop Lenovo V145 15AST, AMD A9- 9425 Radeon R5 - 5 cores 3,1 GHz  RAM 8Gb, GPU 1+2 Gb -Win10 64 v21H2

Favorite online apps you may like too 😉

I spoke to Dan about this, and he did say, if someone could provide him with the text of Thiefs vocalisations, he'd be happy to include Thief in the VaSynth.  

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

40 minutes ago, NeonsStyle said:

I spoke to Dan about this, and he did say, if someone could provide him with the text of Thiefs vocalisations, he'd be happy to include Thief in the VaSynth.  

...and with "vocalisation" I'm assuming that you mean just all the samples from the game, and not some special studio format of them.

About making templates: I've gone over some recent AI voice synthesizers, and one of them requires the voice actor to read a specific long text provided by the program. That sounds like a very thorough way to make a template, if they're willing to do that, which would probably produce good results. I can't remember what synthesizer required that, though. I'm just describing what "making a template" could entail.

Edited by Nort

On 6/14/2022 at 3:51 PM, Nort said:

...and with "vocalisation" I'm assuming that you mean just all the samples from the game, and not some special studio format of them.

He means the transscript of what the game characters say along with the voice files to train the AI. He doesn't use a games actual files other than to listen to to get the AI to sound right. 

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 2:06 PM, freyk said:

Demo video:

The voices are still in the uncanny valley. But they definitely aren't sounding as monotonic and glitchy as in the ole Microsoft Sam times...

It should be possible to get a sortof good sounding voice when feeding it with some weeks worth of audio books or youtube videos featuring only one speaker and no background noise.