The Dark Mod Forums

Loot lists for fan missions?

Trueblue1878

Here is a list of missions.some of them have a loot list:

https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fan_Missions_for_The_Dark_Mod

22 minutes ago, Trueblue1878 said:

Also, are there any missions that take part inside the old underground city? That one was my favourite in Thief.

Probably not, because TDM is inspired, but not based on Thief. The lore is different for example.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, datiswous said:

Here is a list of missions.some of them have a loot list:

https://wiki.thedarkmod.com/index.php?title=Fan_Missions_for_The_Dark_Mod

Probably not, because TDM is inspired, but not based on Thief. The lore is different for example.

Ah ok I thought it was quite a close imitation based on what I've seen!! I think its fantastic though. If polished into a campaign they could easily make it sellable!

Thanks for the link i'll look cheers!

2 hours ago, Trueblue1878 said:

Also, are there any missions that take part inside the old underground city? That one was my favourite in Thief.

Volta 2, Hazard Pay and Requiem fit that description. Written in Stone takes a different approach to its underground ruins. The Painter's Wife has a small detour to a Lost City-like environment, found in a library in the southwest corner of the map.

I haven't seen many lootlists in TDM - probably because of the availability of the console command tdm_show_loot for showing you all remaining loot for a few seconds.

• Like 3

I've put loot lists on the wiki for my missions. But then, I tend to hide some loot items really really deviously.

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

You can type "tdm_show_loot" in the console and it will very directly show you where the loot is! Its pretty spoilery though :)

The lost city is one of my favs and I've made two missions based on that, Volta 2 and Hazard Pay

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 10:24 PM, datiswous said:

It doesn't have a loot list for mission A new job, but you can look in the thread for hints:

WIll have a read thanks :)

On 6/16/2022 at 11:38 PM, Dragofer said:

Volta 2, Hazard Pay and Requiem fit that description. Written in Stone takes a different approach to its underground ruins. The Painter's Wife has a small detour to a Lost City-like environment, found in a library in the southwest corner of the map.

I haven't seen many lootlists in TDM - probably because of the availability of the console command tdm_show_loot for showing you all remaining loot for a few seconds.

Awesome!! I'll do those ones right after I complete mission 2. Thanks!

On 6/16/2022 at 11:46 PM, thebigh said:

I've put loot lists on the wiki for my missions. But then, I tend to hide some loot items really really deviously.

Will check yours out for sure. I do like challenging loot searching like it was in T1 and T2!

On 6/16/2022 at 11:48 PM, kingsal said:

You can type "tdm_show_loot" in the console and it will very directly show you where the loot is! Its pretty spoilery though :)

The lost city is one of my favs and I've made two missions based on that, Volta 2 and Hazard Pay

Great tip, I used that to find where that last 30g was and it was somewhere I thought about climbing to but I honestly didn't think the mission would be that detailed so I thought nahh.. I'm impressed by the work that's gone into it! I loved the lost city too. That, the pagan stuff, the ghosts and the devil stuff gave the series so much wonder and excitement on top of what was already an amazing idea. There was so much in the Thief universe to make games for many years after and they just didn't :(

Will definitely be playing those missions cheers!!

On 6/16/2022 at 11:50 PM, kingsal said:

Also Requiem is fantastic and features a cool underground city vibe. Well worth your time!

Brilliant. On my list!!

9 hours ago, Klatremus said:

I have loot lists for 8 TDM missions. Check my website here, then click on 'FMs' in the top right corner and scroll to the bottom.

That's really useful cheers :)

Thanks for all the replies! I didn't expect so many people to be active on here. Its great to know there are still so many avid Thief fanatics! 👌 I'd love to see TDM have more of an official campaign and maybe make its way onto gog or something commercially! Is there any chance of this?

• Like 1

So guys one more question rather than making a new thread... is it possible to play the T1, T2, TG missions inside TDM and has anyone converted the sounds/cutscenes also to fit with it or was that not possible because of copyright rules? If any of it is possible I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction.. Cheers!

Edited by Trueblue1878

I think there is a long term project of adding loot lists to the Wiki. I always add them for my missions as I release them. It's not that much work when you made the mission, and I know some people want them ;)

• Like 2

My Fan Missions:

Series:                                                                           Standalone:

Chronicles of Skulduggery 0: To Catch a Thief                     The Night of Reluctant Benefaction

Chronicles of Skulduggery 1: Pearls and Swine                    Langhorne Lodge

Chronicles of Skulduggery 2: A Precarious Position              

Chronicles of Skulduggery 3: Sacricide

4 hours ago, Bienie said:

I think there is a long term project of adding loot lists to the Wiki. I always add them for my missions as I release them. It's not that much work when you made the mission, and I know some people want them ;)

Yes definitely. It is great to print them out and go through the levels like old times checking each piece of loot off as I go! Will check out your missions soon cheers!

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 11:48 PM, kingsal said:

I can't figure out what the first secret in Volta II is about?

Spoiler

Surely too elaborate for just 25g and a Fire Arrow! Any hints? 🤔

I really enjoyed Volta I though and only have one little complaint.. once you've completed the objective it stops you going back onto the street to collect any remaining missed loot! Also what the heck was the big vibrating noise about?

Spoiler

Also didn't get to find out what the Secret Key was for as I expected it to open that locked gate on floor 2 but it didn't! I've missed something lol 😐

Cheers I'll try Hazard pay/Requiem next 👌

Edited by Trueblue1878

3 hours ago, Trueblue1878 said:

I can't figure out what the first secret in Volta II is about? Surely too elaborate for just 25g and a Fire Arrow! Any hints?

Thats it!  Its just to hint at a faction you'll encounter later on in the campaign and give another little area to explore. 

Big vibrating noise?

Maybe the horn you blow at the end?

A lot of the secrets and extra items are there for additional replays- I  don't expect players to find everything in one play through. That key should unlock the gate if its the one I am thinking of. Might be a bug actually

1 hour ago, kingsal said:

Thats it!  Its just to hint at a faction you'll encounter later on in the campaign and give another little area to explore. 

Big vibrating noise?

A lot of the secrets and extra items are there for additional replays- I  don't expect players to find everything in one play through. That key should unlock the gate if its the one I am thinking of. Might be a bug actually

Ah ok I was shooting the fire arrow at things thinking there was more to it lol..

There seems to be a vibration noise that occurs every few minutes while inside the manor. I thought it would be a big elevator being used or maybe a mechanical guard but didn't find anything in the end!

Spoiler

I found the secret key above the baths in a hidden wall up in the rafters. Went to the security gate/vault and it didn't work :(

Maybe I can send over my save file and you can check the key thing if you'd like!

Thoroughly enjoyable though and could easily have been designed by LGS. Do you have any more missions planned?

Cheers!

Thank you! Glad you liked them.

You know that sound might be a part of the ambient track. To be honest- I didn't really know what I was doing with ambients back then. Also send me your save game and Ill have a look. 

2 hours ago, Trueblue1878 said:

Thoroughly enjoyable though and could easily have been designed by LGS. Do you have any more missions planned?

Thank you, thats very high praise.  I have two more volta missions in the works;  one should will be done by the end of summer and the next probably late this year depending on my schedule. 

• Like 1