The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: Quinn Co. Part 1 - La Banque Bienveillante (Remake) by Airship Ballet

Airship Ballet

I enjoyed this mission, but fell at the last hurdle: I can't figure out how to "Leave with the loot"!

I tried going back to the starting point, but nothing happened. All of the windows have bars, and I can't find any doors out of the bank.

I also had to consult the forums to find out how to empty the teller safe. That key hiding place is very non-obvious (at least from a Thief perspective — I guess it makes perfect sense in real life).

• Like 1

So long as all your objectives are done, the front door where you start is the way out! I'll be making the location volume bigger for next go round as a few people mentioned it's fiddly. Have to make sure you're carrying the loot bag too, that's all I can think of!

On 7/31/2022 at 8:06 PM, Airship Ballet said:

Have to make sure you're carrying the loot bag too, that's all I can think of!

Yes, that was it. I never even realised there was something to pick up in the vault after the "fade to black" sequence.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished this up yesterday and enjoyed the remake. 

Spoiler

You nailed the rundown bank look perfectly! Story was quick and easy to follow. Had some trouble initially finding the teller safe key, but after a second look (thanks to your clue) I found it and was on my way. Spooky secret btw. :)

Looking forward to the next installment, thanks for all your hard work.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thiefette said:

Looking forward to the next installment

Thanks Thiefette, glad to see you're still around and enjoying the missions! 

The next instalment might be coming sooner than you'd think 👀

• Like 1

Really nice mission! I haven't played any of your old ones so I had no idea what to expect and it was a very pleasant surprise. Tight and great looking, the environment was really well made. Appreciated some of the new (or less used) soundscapes as well, I think it's a big part of the overall atmosphere and while pretty much all of those used in TDM are good, the effect gets lessened when you hear them all the time. 

Looking forward to you next work!

• Like 1

Thanks Vozka, glad you had a good time!

I've actually gone back and made more new ambients for where I'd used stock ones here: you're right in that they're great, but we've all heard them by now. New ones will be in this mission when the next one in the campaign hits shelves worldwide, and I'll probably post a compilation if others wanna use them for variety!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Just played this through, very nice.  It feels more like a homage to the original than a replacement, I have to say.

I could almost ghost it ... but there's that one guard.  I can turn the light off (a bust for Supreme), but can I get past him without an alert before he turns the light back on?  I seriously doubt it, didn't try very hard, and I wouldn't be able to get back again anyway, so I abandoned the ghost.  Is this meant to be ghostable?

Spoiler

And that last secret.  As you say, Hmm...  WTF?  Is there any lore for this strangeness?

• 8 months later...

Hello

how many remakes are there since i have a different layout then i see back on other places like youtube.

eg the vault is direct behind the entrence door.

and the buy page has many items ? And the objects are all equal now?

Spoiler

Screenshotfrom2023-09-0401-59-54.thumb.jpg.b8dd9d6828dfb5311817e197014a61c3.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshotfrom2023-09-0401-57-41.thumb.jpg.f0b057b5a3a0df50dbd7b2fab6ffd5e3.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshotfrom2023-09-0402-10-36.thumb.jpg.cf0b48073162fcd84156112bc8bd8bc0.jpg

i realy can not find that obvious teller safe key.

Very nice short mission, the atmosphere was top notch. The rain pouring in the open window and down the stairs... but rainy atmosphere is hard to beat anyways.

Only thing to be aware of is that the mission won´t end if you have any open objectives, they are not optional here.

• 3 months later...