The Dark Mod Forums

Missing missions on servers?

wesp5

So while testing the recent frobaction changes for the Unofficial Patch, I installed TDM 2.10/64 fresh from ModDB onto a new computer. Then I downloaded all available missions and I was a little surprised that at least 22 missions were not available from the server the game selected! I could recognize this, because for the patch I fixed some of the mission names and when I applied them, I ended up with lots of empty folders. Some missing missions are very old and basic, like the "Sound alert trainer", others rather new and recent, like "Lucy's Quest". Sometimes in a campaign the earlier missions were available (William Steele 1-4) while newer ones were not (William Steele 5-7). How can this happen? Have some of the servers not the complete list of missions available? If so, how can I select another server? How does the game choose these servers anyway? Both systems are in the same city in the same country, one is behind a firewall while the other isn't.

Edited by wesp5

While trying to sort this out, I noticed once again, that the mission list on the web is sorted differently than the internal one, because "A" and "The" are seen as part of the name while they are ignored in the internal list. This is rather inconsistent, so is there an easy way to change that in the game or on the web?

Okay, I think I figured it out. Between some unreleased and renamed and removed missions the main problem seems to be that there is a difference between the number of missions the "Download All" command downloads and the ones that are displayed at the same time, like you need to do some manual scrolling. Can somebody versed in UI development take a look if this is true? It might also be that I messed up loading the missions as I did not load all of them in one go ;). There is still the problem that after downloading, the mission names are displayed on top of "No new missions to download"...

Edited by wesp5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• The Black Arrow

Hope everyone has the blessing of undying motivation for "The Dark Mod 15th Anniversary Contest". Can't wait to see the many magnificent missions you all may have planned. Good luck, with an Ace!
      · 0 replies
    • Ansome

Finally got my PC back from the shop after my SSD got corrupted a week ago and damaged my motherboard. Scary stuff, but thank goodness it happened right after two months of FM development instead of wiping all my work before I could release it. New SSD, repaired Motherboard and BIOS, and we're ready to start working on my second FM with some added version control in the cloud just to be safe!
      · 2 replies
    • Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies