The Dark Mod Forums

Fan Mission: In Plain Sight by Frost_Salamander (2022/08/07)

Frost_Salamander

Thank you for a great FM!

I've done most of the mission (including bank and optional tasks). But..

Spoiler

..it seems I'm missing something to get to Eaton manor (locked window, that I can't find a key for nor pick it) or St. Peter's Church (locked door on the left, after entering the church through balcony). Any hints how to proceed further? Thanks!

3 hours ago, campai said:

Thank you for a great FM!

I've done most of the mission (including bank and optional tasks). But..

Reveal hidden contents

..it seems I'm missing something to get to Eaton manor (locked window, that I can't find a key for nor pick it) or St. Peter's Church (locked door on the left, after entering the church through balcony). Any hints how to proceed further? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

If memory serves, the key to the Eaton manor windows is

Spoiler

in the Troutbeck workshop. 

The other key is I think the crypt key, and I believe that is

Spoiler

in the Eaton manor.

If I have got that wrong, hopefully someone will put you right.

Edited by Marbrien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations on the release. Downloading now. Thank you. Different style of missiong. Looking forward to it. :D

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Greetings to everyone!

Congratulations for the release,a great mission overall(for such a great game,being a fan to the thief series since thief 1,that said dark mod is epic!)

If anyone can help,

Spoiler

i'm stuck finding the key to smythe's apartment ,i have visited if all,most of the map,is there a key or is there another way to enter?

10 minutes ago, generationx said:

Greetings to everyone!

Congratulations for the release,a great mission overall(for such a great game,being a fan to the thief series since thief 1,that said dark mod is epic!)

If anyone can help,

Hide contents

i'm stuck finding the key to smythe's apartment ,i have visited if all,most of the map,is there a key or is there another way to enter?

Hi @generationx

There is another way in. There is a readable in the apartment next door which provides a hint

• Like 2

12 hours ago, generationx said:

Greetings to everyone!

If anyone can help,

Hide contents

Hi,

This might help

Spoiler

You need to get into the apartment before you can find the key to get out of it.

The door is not the only way in. 

More specifically 

Spoiler

The next door neighbour has an access to the attic that connects with Smythe's apartment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Frost_Salamander for the great August mission,

thanks for the hint too,as always i thought i had checked everything..but nope 🧐

Just yesterday i finished the mission and all optional, in medium difficulty,really enjoyed it!

@pax-downunder

thanks for your interesting in helping,i must say regards to your questions above i got closer to my goal,just before joining the forum 👍

• Like 2

Awesome mission, but I'm stuck at the bank safe. Looted the vault but the safe bar won't open, None of the keys work, the vault key opeed the vault ok, but neither that nor picks open the safe. Can't seem to find anything down there to help. 

Hint please.

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

3 hours ago, NeonsStyle said:

Awesome mission, but I'm stuck at the bank safe. Looted the vault but the safe bar won't open, None of the keys work, the vault key opeed the vault ok, but neither that nor picks open the safe. Can't seem to find anything down there to help. 

Spoiler

You get a hint in one of the readables. One of the tenants opposite of the security company might have what you need.

5 hours ago, NeonsStyle said:

Hint please.

There is a readable in one of the bank offices upstairs that explains what's going on with the safes.

When I in the crypt The torch used is an error

I 7 16 gb ram
Linuxmind 21
geforce 1060 6gb ram 

Warning idclipmodel ::freetracemodel:tried t free uncachet trace model

(Index=0)

Game map shutdown done

Error:maps/dmx.script(151):thread 'respwnAI' multiple entitis named

'New_nelson'

Edited by Heuli

13 minutes ago, Heuli said:

When I in the crypt The torch used is an error

I 7 16 gb ram
Linuxmind 21
geforce 1060 6gb ram 

Warning idclipmodel ::freetracemodel:tried t free uncachet trace model

(Index=0)

Game map shutdown done

Error:maps/dmx.script(151):thread 'respwnAI' multiple entitis named

'New_nelson'

What version of the FM do you have?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Heuli said:

Version 1.1

It's been fixed in version 1.2, which is the latest version in the in-game downloader (or see direct download link in top post)

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Heuli said:

What about the savegame

To be honest I don't know. The map file itself has changed slightly. You can always try it, but I can't guarantee it will work.

• Thanks 1

I have done everything but I'd like to get the optional loot objective if possible. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of stuff in Eaton mansion since I can see a greenhouse-like room next to the study. I can even see a piece of loot (a golden statue,) but I don't know how to get there. It might be just a secret, but that piece of loot is very tantalizing. I have tried smashing the windows, looking for buttons and, on the corridor, what I assume are the doors to the place, but they are non-frobbale. A hint would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS: Oh, yeah, a great mission, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...