The Dark Mod Forums

Spider Hitbox

I'm not really sure if this is a bug or intentional. I was playing the Accountant 1 in the area with the spiders, and the spiders seem to be nearly impossible to hit with arrows or sword. Even right on top of the spider swinging the sword I rarely can hit it, and arrows not at all. It seems like the hitbox for the spiders must be very tiny.

I'm using 2.10 64bit linux version.

If I try to kill a spider I only use arrows since they're more precise, plus it means I can keep my distance from the bastards. But as for their hitbox I guess it depends on the spider itself. In my experience I've always been able to hit them (with arrows), but as to whether it's a one-shot kill mostly depends on their size and sometimes location of damage. But yeah they can be buggy, the linked post also mentions their ragdolls acting silly if you manipulate them.

Frankly any excuse to not use spiders is fine with me. :)

A word of warning, Agent Denton. This was a simulated experience; real LAMs will not be so forgiving.

if i have an arrow i prefer that but it cost one so if i am low on them i try it with a sword and then  you have a horizontal, vertical and forward move.

They all are difficult but forward MIGHT be easiest if you know how to handle that mouse move. i am not so good at it anyway.

the same with rats but they never byte and neither have sicknesses so i dont bother about them any more, actualy i tryed to feed bread but ate it my self after all. 🤢