The Dark Mod Forums

Jobs?

LiquidBronze

There probably will be eventually. But for now, since the sound portion of the mod doesn't have a solid foundation to work with just yet, the most everyone can do is discuss and throw together some sample tracks to compare.

lol...I won't be able to use anything like Teamspeak or Ventrillo til I get a better mic. I have to shout into it just so anyone can hear me, and if I do that enough I won't have a use for a mic at all.

Edited by Renzatic

are there going to be specific jobs for each of the sound people?

and how many do we have, is it 3?

perhaps we should all have a meeting on IRC or better yet something like ventrillo or teamspeak so we can talk real time

thanks

LB

Yup, just sent you a PM. I'll be doing all the Character voice sets so that we don't have different levels of quality. :)

I've been auditioning actors and have some very good ones lined up. I'll have them in for a sound test next week for you all to hear.

If we were creating a fan mission, I would say lets have character set submissions. For this part of the project though, we're creating a set of tools for people to make Thief style fan missions, and for that I really want the quality of the voice sets to have a uniform, professional sound. That's not to diminish anyone who was wanting to submit work, it's just that I have been preparing for this in advance. :) I have been auditioning experienced actors who are willing to donate their time to the project and will give us some wonderful characters. :) It will be recorded here in my home studio. In addition to all that, this is the only job I have on The Dark Mod.. :lol: I need something to keep me busy while I'm unemployed.

Edited by New Horizon

Okey, I understand. ;)

So we should probably start writing lines for guards then? Also, what about non-human creatures, such as zombies and burricks? Will your voiceactors do them as well?

Yup, I will have voice actors for everything. Oh, and I also have a document that should cover any state of alertness that we need. It's based on the voice set design document that I was given when I worked on Thief 2X, and believe me, it covers everything. :) For the most part these will be improvised by the actors to some degree. I'll give them basic guidance as to what their state is....and of course what they can and can NOT say. ;)

Pretty much have everything tied up on that end of things. I like to be well prepared ahead of time.