nbohr1more

Horror for Christmas Poll Format  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Story Quality and Theme ( Stars )

2. 2. Gameplay Quality ( Stars )

3. 3. Visual Quality ( Stars )

I'm in!

• Like 3

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

I don't think I'll be doing much in the way of mapping until the end of this year, but I'd be happy to assist contest participants with scripted effects.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's hardly competition. I'm going to get demolished XD

• Like 1

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Wellingtoncrab said:

-=CONTEST COBBLER PACK=-

Need a SPOOKY street for your DRACULA or WOLFMAN?

Mileage may vary but we got a variety of sepia stained sooty, grungy Pavers, Kerbs, Cobbles & More!

cobblethumb.jpg

I'll probably never finish my contest mission in time, but hopefully this helps you finish yours!

DOWNLOAD

wow these look great!  I always wished there were more/better choices for these in the base game.  I have an FM in progress but there is no way it'll be ready for the contest, I'm too slow :-(. One of these days maybe the timing will be right.

8 minutes ago, Frost_Salamander said:

I have an FM in progress but there is no way it'll be ready for the contest, I'm too slow 😞

I feel you there!

I have found attempting to participate at least a very good way to get something focused and rolling even if it is somewhat undermined by the inevitable impossibility of it ever being ready in time.

Which is to say participating in spirit is still participating in my book!

-=  IRIS  =-    ♦    = SLL =

11 minutes ago, Wellingtoncrab said:

I feel you there!

I have found attempting to participate at least a very good way to get something focused and rolling even if it is somewhat undermined by the inevitable impossibility of it ever being ready in time.

Which is to say participating in spirit is still participating in my book!

Well the main problem is really that it's kind of big, and I'd have to totally change the 'story' to fit with the theme.

Maybe I'll 'participate' by downloading and using your cobble pack regardless 😈

Edited by Frost_Salamander
  • Like 1

Yes, psychological horror is fine. To be clear, the mission doesn’t even have to be horror themed. You could just have a heist set in a late fall season ( for example ). It’s up to the mission author to convince players to give the mission a good theme score so the mission could completely ignore the theme as long as players are happy with its inclusion in the contest in some way. And really, going out late and stealing stuff is also already a creepy activity so any other horror attributes are a bonus to the default creep factor.

• Like 2

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

On 10/18/2022 at 2:24 PM, Goldwell said:

I do have some cut content from a mission originally intended for my Shadows of Northdale campaign. I have wanted to rework it for a while and this seems like a perfect opportunity to put it to good use. So provided folks are okay with that, I will enter. Half of the mission will be brand new and half will be from the existing map.

And of course, I have prepared a video!

This is insane cool! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to drop out. Real life has become unbelievably hectic lately, and I'm finding it harder and harder to set aside any uninterrupted mapping time. I'll still finish my mission eventually, but it probably won't be until about March next year. So look forward to a creepy little set piece around then. :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

• 2 weeks later...

Due to a lack of contestants (I think i'm the only one now...) i'm going to be pulling out my entry as well. It's disappointing but I don't want to release a mission for a contest where i'm the only one competing.

The mission i've shown off in the what are you working on thread will still see release in the future eventually though when the timing feels right, so I guess not all is lost.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2