The Dark Mod Forums

The Dark Mod version 2.11?

PastMarioOfBeingAliveClu

I think we were planning a Winter release ( Jan \ Feb ) but I don't recall seeing a hard target yet. Lots of things planned but some of the main contributors have been unavailable to work on them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

4 minutes ago, nbohr1more said:

I think we were planning a Winter release ( Jan \ Feb ) but I don't recall seeing a hard target yet. Lots of things planned but some of the main contributors have been unavailable to work on them.

@nbohr1more, are you using Google Translate? It’s too difficult to understand what you mean. Maybe write your messages in Dutch and translate them to English?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Or in klingon and then translate it into elvish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• Dragofer changed the title to The Dark Mod version 2.11?

Which bugs, on your side, do you want to get fixed, PastMarioOfBeingAliveClu? Please post them in subforum tech-support.

Old, stable and new unstable builds can be downloaded, by using the TDM Installer.

Go, TDM 2.11! 🇳🇱

Edited by freyk
  • Like 1

Info: My portfolio and darkmod graphical installer
Amnesty for Bikerdude!

5 hours ago, Obsttorte said:

nuqjatlh? pagh viyaj.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

7 hours ago, nbohr1more said:

Would it be possible to get some kind of funding for Dark mod 3.0? Maybe via Epic games grants, Kickstarter or somehow else ?

Depending on goals for 3.0, how many contributors would be needed?

Edited by madtaffer

10 hours ago, Dragofer said:

We were wondering for a while whether this user was a troll

I didn't wonder about it for a second!  But an amusing troll. 

I was hoping that his "item_respawn.ini" script, recoded as a .dll, would be workable so I could download it and use it in my WIP.  I'd like to use it on keys, which my WIP should have a shitload of.  I could set a random item respawn time on the keys, have the keys respawn in random and difficult to find places, and target the doors to relock when the keys are respawned!   

13 hours ago, thebigh said:

nuqjatlh? pagh viyaj.

image.png.5804a90fd70ac1aef9cbc23344c20f06.png

Spoiler

(English: Have you tried using translate.eu or tecendil.com to translate for yourself what he writes?)

19 hours ago, Obsttorte said:

Would have to know whether he's most fluent in Sindarin, Quenya or Beleriand - it's pretty hard to get any clear response from him, though.

13 hours ago, madtaffer said:

Would it be possible to get some kind of funding for Dark mod 3.0? Maybe via Epic games grants, Kickstarter or somehow else ?

Depending on goals for 3.0, how many contributors would be needed?

Hiring developers is very expensive (see i.e. the recent Kurshok thread A Question Regarding Paying Others for Mod Remakes). Good thing everyone involved with developing TDM and making FMs does it as a passion project.

2 hours ago, Xolvix said:

They're gone? Shame. I was about to accuse them of being Nort.

I suspected the same.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

4 hours ago, Xolvix said:

They're gone? Shame. I was about to accuse them of being Nort.

1 hour ago, thebigh said:

I suspected the same.

In that case he would have spend more attention on proper indentation.

• Like 1

That's sooooooooooooo cute, darling, gosh. 😊

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 11:41 PM, SeriousToni said:

What is a Nort??

The sort of person who, if you gave him a spoon, would complain about it being convex, insist that you fire up your blacksmith's forge to make him a concave one, all the while subjecting you to a barrage of condescending insults.

• Haha 2

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

@thebighA clever person would just turn the spoon around. ;) Just saying.

• Like 1