The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 3.5.0 released

19 minutes ago, Frost_Salamander said:

You can in fact make that part larger.  If you hover your mouse carefully on the line right under where it says 'func_static_295' or whatever, the cursor will change to a resize icon, and you can drag it down to enlarge the panel that shows the spawnargs.  It's easy to miss, I think I remember someone else noting the same thing a while ago.

Thank you saviour - it worked!! :o

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

16 hours ago, greebo said:

It's a limitation of the wxWidgets AUI framework that there is one "center" or "main" pane that cannot be removed or undocked or moved around. But you can swap out the main view with another one with a shortcut, have a look at the Edit > Keyboard shortcuts and look for the ones starting with ToggleMainControl. You should find one with ToggleMainControl_Camera - this one will replace the main orthoview with a camera view. By repeatedly pressing the shortcut you will keep changing between ortho and camera.

If I use this method, I am no longer able to use the arrow keys to move the camera. Only scroll wheel.

EDIT: And if I restart DR my main view is grey - no more 3d view just plain grey. :(

Edited by SeriousToni

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

Just installed 3.5 (Flatpak), it works really well. The only thing is that if I create a new xy or camera view it is only usable as a tab inside the properties window. Outside of it they won't appear correct and therefore are not usable.

Edit: Also the texture tool is affected. Place it outside the Properties window (undock) and it will not show correctly.

Edited by datiswous

Still getting no red outline on selected brushes, but I went through the AMD drivers and somewhere between 22.5.1 driver and the 3rd Quarter Pro driver, I notice the I lose the red outline in DarkRadiant when selecting a brush.

Works:
AMD Adrenaline 22.5.1
File Version: 30.0.15021.11005
Product Version: 8.14.01.6564

Doesn't work:
AMD Pro Q3
File Version: 31.0.12026.3
Product Version: 8.14.01.6564

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

4 hours ago, datiswous said:

Outside of it they won't appear correct and therefore are not usable.

Edit: Also the texture tool is affected. Place it outside the Properties window (undock) and it will not show correctly.

Specify incorrect, how does it look like?

7 hours ago, AluminumHaste said:

Still getting no red outline on selected brushes, but I went through the AMD drivers and somewhere between 22.5.1 driver and the 3rd Quarter Pro driver, I notice the I lose the red outline in DarkRadiant when selecting a brush.

Speaking of rendering issues on various AMD setups, are you also seeing this - as per 5502 - which I presume to be incorrect depth testing of surfaces? It's particularly egregious for the prefab chooser:

Spoiler

image.png.6927425f87038f27941c1e9492eb686c.png

image.png.eeb9e02f8c4db19d034b327581a91955.png

Prefabs > Architecture > buildings_and_facades > house_01.pfb etc.

But also is an issue in the regular camera view, i.e. most prominent for the carpets in this shot:

Spoiler

image.png.e2a346e77928c6651982ab330256c7d2.png

Prefabs > nautical > ship_merchant > deck02 prefabs

Enabling the far clip plane makes this worse in camera view, such that it looks like in the prefab chooser:

Spoiler

image.png.57595c22504ab0d30fad75075d6e5228.png

This is on an AMD RX 460 with the latest driver and AMD Radeon software installed - the issue has always been like this for this PC.

1 hour ago, AluminumHaste said:

I rebuilt from source the newest DarkRadiant, and I am missing a bunch of options from View menu.

Greebo was probably in the middle of changing how the interface works. It's best to download the artifact builds that are attached in Github every time a bugtracker issue is resolved.

• Like 1

Ok, apparently this was discussed and I missed it.

I just spent the last few minutes trying to get a split pane type layout, to no avail.

Don't worry about me though, I guess I'm just getting old enough that changes like this are too much for me.

5 minutes ago, greebo said:

See the first post, the various controls are listed in the "Window" menu now. With the new docking capabilities any of the removed layouts should be achievable in DR 3.5.0.

Ok, I kinda got it back, how do I close and get rid of the properties window now, clicking the X does nothing, and I don't see a way to close it.

Can I lock the layout after I get it how I want? Every time I move the properties window out of the way, and accidentally dock it somewhere, it completely screws up the window layouts.

7 minutes ago, AluminumHaste said:

Ok, I kinda got it back, how do I close and get rid of the properties window now, clicking the X does nothing, and I don't see a way to close it.

Can I lock the layout after I get it how I want? Every time I move the properties window out of the way, and accidentally dock it somewhere, it completely screws up the window layouts.

I couldn't close the properties too. Including its tabs.

Well, if someone wants the split pane layout again, now there's a floating window in front of one pane or another, and I have to move it out of the way constantly, and it always wants to dock somewhere and if I accidentally dock it, it screws up the window layout.

And when I undock it back to floating, my splitscreen layout is now broken and I have to re-arrange it all over again.

One can hold down the Ctrl or the Alt key to prevent docking of a floating window while dragging it, but that's of course not the full solution. If you report the issue on the tracker, I'll see to it that the property panel can be closed again. A shortcut bringing up a control that is docked as a property panel tab should then make the window appear again (or close it if it's visible).

Maybe you could also make the 3d camera standard for the main view instead of the 2d. The solution to look into the keys and setup a new hot key is not so well for newbies especially. (or for stupid people like I am)

1 hour ago, SeriousToni said:

Maybe you could also make the 3d camera standard for the main view instead of the 2d. The solution to look into the keys and setup a new hot key is not so well for newbies especially. (or for stupid people like I am)

I have doubts about whether everybody would like that. I myself would find the 2D view more important than the camera, most of the time I'm working on 2D. But I'm open to hear other people's preferences.

Though it's possible to add some entries to the main menu, assign default shortcuts, or add an entry to the 2D view's context menu. To make it easier to find the "make camera main" option.