The Dark Mod Forums

DarkRadiant 3.5.0 released

56 minutes ago, Wellingtoncrab said:

I am having this exact issue as well. I have to restart DR periodically to keep the copy/paste shader function working properly.

It's been fixed for the next release it looks like.  As a workaround, make sure the 'Media' tab isn't selected when you do the 'copy shader' operation: https://bugs.thedarkmod.com/view.php?id=6151

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

EDIT: I wonder if it is this bug: https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/issues/15932

This does seem to be the cause of the problems. Replacing all calls to FindPage() with GetPageIndex() fixes the issue for me.

• Thanks 1

I've been having trouble getting version 3.5 to run properly on Linux. As of a few updates ago, it takes up to ten minutes to start, equally long to load even the smallest map, and then lags like crazy in the 3D view. Quitting DR takes another few minutes and then it leaves keyboard input suppressed entirely- I need to log out to be able to so much as type into a terminal again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm running on Linux Mint 20.2 Uma 64-bit, MATE 1.24.0.  DR isn't producing any log files or giving me any error messages that might help me figure out what's going on.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

Down and Out on Newford Road              the Factory Heist

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

On 11/8/2022 at 8:51 PM, OrbWeaver said:

This does seem to be the cause of the problems. Replacing all calls to FindPage() with GetPageIndex() fixes the issue for me.

Thanks. It appears this bug is fixed in a later wxWidgets version, but the workaround is fine too. I merged your latest master into mine.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:31 AM, thebigh said:

I've been having trouble getting version 3.5 to run properly on Linux. As of a few updates ago, it takes up to ten minutes to start, equally long to load even the smallest map, and then lags like crazy in the 3D view. Quitting DR takes another few minutes and then it leaves keyboard input suppressed entirely- I need to log out to be able to so much as type into a terminal again. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I'm running on Linux Mint 20.2 Uma 64-bit, MATE 1.24.0.  DR isn't producing any log files or giving me any error messages that might help me figure out what's going on.

10 mInutes, seriously? Any hint on when this started to happen? Everything else is working without lag, once it finally started?

3 hours ago, greebo said:

10 mInutes, seriously? Any hint on when this started to happen? Everything else is working without lag, once it finally started?

I'm not sure exactly when, but I've been getting the latest versions from github almost daily and I think it started about a week ago.

My missions:           Stand-alone                                                      Duncan Lynch series                              

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

On 11/9/2022 at 8:31 PM, thebigh said:

A bit of a guess here, but have you watched your memory usage while this happens?  Those symptoms sound a bit like you're running out of RAM and swapping.  Could be video RAM too, maybe...

15 hours ago, greebo said:

Hm, if it's not too much work, maybe you could download some of the older versions and see where it started happening?

I just pulled and compiled the latest version, and whatever you did to DR yesterday seems to have resolved the problem. I'm no longer getting any lags or other oddities. I'll keep an eye on it to see if the issue reoccurs.

• Like 1

A House Call

The House of deLisle                                                                                                  

• greebo unpinned this topic

Hello Greebo.  Thanks for the work on the tool.  I appreciate all the work of others on previous releases, too.

A bit of "User Experience" feedback on 3.5 versus 3.4.

I have a small laptop screen and use DR with a camera pane and a single grid view as shown in the attached image for version 3.4. I switch the view with control-tab .  The docked window under the camera is slimmed all the way to effectively hide it. I rarely use it in favor of the entity window (key N).

In 3.5, the ability to resize a docked window down to a thin bar is lost.  It seems to force a minimum height which reduces adjacent window size.  Then, as mentioned in a previous post, the window cannot be closed and stays in the forefront or must be docked.

So a request is to make these windows completely resizable and closable.

Appreciated.

Clint

v34windowLayout.jpg